FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUPepBand

Quote from: Knightstalker on October 08, 2013, 09:51:18 AM
Quote from: AUPepBand on October 07, 2013, 10:21:18 PM
Quote from: D3viewer on October 07, 2013, 09:07:46 PM
Quote from: kate on October 06, 2013, 09:18:23 PM
For beating Lyco (bad) that first game of the season.

And the first game last season. Look no farther than your own coaches words. Basically Brockport is/was bigger, faster, stronger..more athletic.
Also Lyco is known for defense and their defensive coaches got ambushed in 2012..and had all offseason to prepare for Bport this season and still had no answers.

Pep was unable to attend the Alfred-Brockport State game but Pep's 85-year-old father, who has missed all of THREE home games at Alfred since he was 9 years old, was at Brockport. Pops said that Brockport was ATHLETIC and HUGE! (They were big, too!) He said they will cause some trouble for E8 teams next year. Pep credits Brockport's taunting fans for firing up the Saxons and the coaching staff making halftime adjustments to shut down the potent Brockport attack in the second half of the 34-28 OT win.

On Saxon Warriors!

But did they have blazing speed?

Well, of course! +K
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Simba

Warren...

Monos has the Dutchmen playing some really good football since he has come back on his second stint as head coach...What do you think is the key match-up for you in winning the game this week?...Your O against our D or our O against your D?...I feel it would be the latter for you to win...Your D is tough and Gaffney is an animal at LB being #2 in the Country with 10 sacks!...Your thoughts?

All the Best,

Simba

kate

The MAC is one heck of a league!  Let's make it even more exciting - Best luck to Leb Val Nation tomorrow afternoon!

Warren Thompson

Quote from: Simba on October 10, 2013, 09:03:14 PM
Warren...

Monos has the Dutchmen playing some really good football since he has come back on his second stint as head coach...What do you think is the key match-up for you in winning the game this week?...Your O against our D or our O against your D?...I feel it would be the latter for you to win...Your D is tough and Gaffney is an animal at LB being #2 in the Country with 10 sacks!...Your thoughts?

All the Best,

Simba

Simba, thanks for your kind post. While the Valley has to be the underdog, they could make the game interesting if the offense consistently connects and the defense plays as it can play. Yes, Gaffney is something else (keep in mind he's a former quarterback).

Given the monsoon we've been having since yesterday morning, I'm happy that Arnold Field now has turf, something I never thought I'd say. I'm a traditionalist (i.e., old fart) who thinks natural grass is the best surface for football, that the single-wing with unbalanced line is a viable formation for the 21st century, and that we ought bring back leather helmets. However, I draw the line at reviving the flying wedge.  ;)

And all the best to you ....

P.S. LVC is fortunate to have brought Jim Monos back to Annville.

Simba

Warren...

A former QB who was League Offensive Player of the Year in 2010 and League MVP in 2011 on back to back Championship Teams...And now doing what he's doing at Lebanon Valley on Defense at LB...What an athlete!

So you like those leather caps the Maroons, pictured below, wore back in the day for O'Hara's "Gibbsville" Team...I must also say I will always lean towards traditional norms and mores also...Everyone should slow the hell down and relax and smell the coffee...or Lager  :-)   Unless, of course, you're in the Red Zone!

Warren...I salute both teams tomorrow at your Oktoberfest Homecoming knowing it will showcase some of the best student/athletes in Division 3 Football but hoping my Warriors prevail  on their way towards their goal of a 15th MAC Championship...

Simba

kate

Holy Cow, Lebanon Valley held on for the win this afternoon, 14/7!!!  Nice to be able to watch on LVC TV!  Congratulations to the Flying Dutchmen!

gordonmann

Great win for Leb Val and that swings the conference race wide open.  This is the most open race for the conference title in the last 10 years.  Consider...

* There are two teams tied for first and two more that are a half-game back because of the scheduling anomaly.  Three more -- Stevenson, Albright and King's -- sit one game back of the leaders.

* All of the four teams near the top can win the conference title but none can win the AQ without help. 

If Lebanon Valley wins out, they need Widener to lose to get the AQ.
If Lycoming wins out, they need Leb Val to lose to get the AQ.
If Widener wins out, they need Lycoming to lose to get the AQ.
If Del Val wins out, they need Lycoming to lose to get the AQ.

* This is just the third time in the last 10 years that the conference winner will have a loss in conference. It's the earliest that all teams have picked up one conference loss.

2010: Delaware Valley is the last team to lose a game in the finale against Widener.
2008: Lycoming and Del Val are the last teams to lose a game on October 18

bman

Suddenly I have become a Stevenson and quasi Albright fan! :o

kate

Whew,  not the best played game tonight, but the Aggies beat FDU by a 45/30 score.   

kate

In the light of day here in Easton (not used to those night games), just want to congratulate Kyle Schuberth of the Aggies - monster game, 4 TD's and becoming just the third Del Val player to surpass 3,000 rushing yards.  Congrats!

kate

How about Rowan!?!  Knocking off number 11 Wesley!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

In case anyone has missed this... King's Ron Garrett has scored a defensive touchdown in five straight games. ESPN's Chris Fowler gave the senior lineman a shout-out on College Game Day Saturday morning - then had a brief conversation with the guys about it Saturday morning.

Today, Garrett scored on a 20-yard fumble recovery after the sack of Stevenson quarterback Zach Jefferson. What is ironic is that Garrett forced John Gasparovic out of the game on a sack... this was Jefferson's first play following the injury (and a King's possession and touchdown).

Here is the play: http://youtu.be/Ej59dXd0qTA
Here is my interview with Garrett: http://youtu.be/6HqnExmHOl4
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

bman

Great coverage Dave!  It looked for a second like the Qb was attempting a side arm pass, until the sow mo replay...

I hope he gets 2 next week, and 3 the week after:)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Thanks bman... if he continues it would be amazing. I was beside myself directing the production. I could not believe he had the ball bounce to him. He is a great guy. I enjoyed chatting with him prior to the interview.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

lefty2

Most teams don't score five defensive touchdowns in a season, much less five weeks in a row.

Much, much less, the same guy five weeks in a row.

I was witness to the third one which garnered national play of the week honors.
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.