New England Collegiate Conference

Started by therealignmentreport1, June 23, 2022, 07:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

therealignmentreport1

The New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) only has 4 full members, which will be down to 3 on July 1st.  They do have 6 affiliates in Men's Volleyball, and  29 affiliates for E-sports.  Every other sport they sponsor have 4 or less. So are they going to fold at some point, or get some additional members?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: therealignmentreport1 on June 23, 2022, 07:12:34 PM
The New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) only has 4 full members, which will be down to 3 on July 1st.  They do have 6 affiliates in Men's Volleyball, and  29 affiliates for E-sports.  Every other sport they sponsor have 4 or less. So are they going to fold at some point, or get some additional members?

The NECC believes they'll have AQs for one more year. As far as I know, the core members plan to find other homes.  The NECC may very well be eSports only this time next year.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on June 23, 2022, 07:16:16 PM

The NECC believes they'll have AQs for one more year. As far as I know, the core members plan to find other homes.  The NECC may very well be eSports only this time next year.

I actually have been meaning to look into this. The rule states that once the core dips below four the AQs are eliminated immediately - no grace period anymore (it is what the former CAC was facing when they merged to create the C2C).
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 16, 2022, 01:38:11 PM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on June 23, 2022, 07:16:16 PM

I actually have been meaning to look into this. The rule states that once the core dips below four the AQs are eliminated immediately - no grace period anymore (it is what the former CAC was facing when they merged to create the C2C).

Yeah, they go under four next year, which is also the third year after they dropped below 6 - so it all comes together at once.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere