WBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by J 2 The Brizo, February 09, 2005, 10:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doolittledog

Hey Bird Dog, I got you some pics of the expansion and new floor.

Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

Bird Dog

Quote from: doolittledog on September 04, 2015, 04:50:33 PM
Hey Bird Dog, I got you some pics of the expansion and new floor.

Looks great.  Any truth to the rumor that you funded the expansion?

doolittledog

I wish my money had funded more than just plaques under trees memorializing other alums.  Maybe someday.  Plus with my waist line, it would be more likely they would ask me to fund a concession stand  ;) 
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

5 Words or Less

Luther installs 8'x16' kiss cam

doolittledog

Nice.  My memory from when Dubuque would do the kiss cam is when we played Central, none of the Central fans that were shown would kiss their significant other, while the Dubuque fans were happy to oblige.  That fell into my stereotypes for those two schools. I think Dubuque stopped with the kiss cam after that season (2011) if I remember correctly.

Bird Dog

Quote from: doolittledog on September 05, 2015, 08:28:17 PM
I wish my money had funded more than just plaques under trees memorializing other alums.  Maybe someday.  Plus with my waist line, it would be more likely they would ask me to fund a concession stand  ;)

The only thing I ever funded was a massive expansion of my waistline.  Unfortunately I am still giving to the cause. 

5 Words or Less

doolittledog

Hey Bird Dog...your donation check has been cashed.

http://www.coeathletics.com/article/2484.php

Eby converted to intramurals, new 2,000 seat basketball arena to be built, bridge connecting to the Clark Racquet Center.  Looks nice!

Bird Dog

Call me old fashion I would have preferred Eby being the game venue.  As I have stated before I hope the new facility is more comfortable than that abomination at Wartburg.

5 Words or Less

doolittledog

Wow, I would not have guessed that at all.  Maybe just around me we haven't seen that yet.  Although, the more I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if roster sizes are similar...basketball seems to be the sport people talk about more, and we've had our volleyball team making the final 4 multiple times recently. 

Another factor is girls soccer.  They play club soccer year round.  Spring, summer, fall outside and then indoor soccer in the winter. 

Bird Dog

The girls varsity basketball coach has a room down the hall from me lost two 6ft 3in girls to volleyball.  One was a starter last year as a freshman and the other would have been a freshman this year. 

In Iowa City the club teams are very popular.  The Rockets have players driving 60 to 90 miles to attend practices.  There is another club called top dog ( a West High feeder) and I believe one more club in town. (these are multiple age group teams with several teams in each age group)

The draw is the travel to tournaments in KC, Twin Cities, Chicago, etc. and then the national tournament.  When my daughter was playing she/or we chose a limited travel team that only played games in Iowa and the Illinois side of the quad cities. 

The dad of one of the girls (6'3") on my daughters high schools volleyball team said his daughter didn't like the contact which kind of ruled out basketball. 

On page 48 Oct. 27, 2010 I went into a rant on age group coaches.  I still think to many age group coaches screw up tall girls by expecting too much of them too early.  This may be another reason they go to volleyball. 

Too much rambling I'm out of here.

Bird Dog

Coe wins first game of the year against Cornell 70 to 59. Plays Mount Mercy Tuesday this week.  Nice having two opponents within 10 miles.

doolittledog

Story in the Dubuque Telegraph-Herald about the 4 coaches in the UD winter tourney are all UD grads.

http://www.thonline.com/sports/local_sports/article_4f425ff1-d082-5f65-b3f1-a46794e0ba5c.html