East Region Fan Poll

Started by pg04, July 05, 2007, 09:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pg04

Quote from: Ralph Turner on July 08, 2007, 04:26:21 PM
Over on the D3Hoops.com poster poll last season, Mr Ypsi, the person in charge of the data, would list the rankings anonymously.  That published record of the rankings of the teams (e.g, SJF getting these rankings:  2,2,2,3,3,3,7) tends to bring the outliers back to the consensus.  The person putting SJF 7th either knows something that no one else does, or has a grudge, or is just trying to manipulate poll position.

Sample Posters' Poll

Thanks Ralph for the info!  That does look like a good idea.  I can see how that will keep people voting legitimately. 

pg04

Quote from: AUPepBand on July 08, 2007, 04:29:17 PM
Pep might be interested if it doesn't take too much time...

The Harmon Football Forecast, at one time operated by Bob Harmon out of Circleville, NY and was about the only forecast out there that cared about the small colleges like Alfred, was a regular feature in the ALFRED SUN. Since the founder's death and its subsequent sale to CBS.Sportsline.com, it has abandoned the small colleges. Thus, Pep produces pigskin prognostications for D3football.com's Top 25 in addition to Upstate NY games, to complement Harmon's major college predictions.

Thus, Pep attempts to keep up on what the D3 schools are doing and, despite his loyal support of the Saxons, Pep tries to maintain objectivity in posting and rankings. However, Pep would not object to AUKaz00 serving in his place, provided he practices his clarinet!

I will pencil you in, Pep.  It shouldn't take too much time, all you will have to do once the season starts is send me who you think are the top 10 eastern region teams each week (by say each tuesday night) , in order, are.  I will be tabulating all the submissions. 

Ralph Turner

pg04, your East Region Fan Poll is coming together very nicely!

I imagine that it will consolidate much of the debate and help us "out-of-region" posters and lurkers make some sense of the region. :)

Col. Partridge

Quote from: pg04 on July 08, 2007, 02:31:53 PM

This is still a pretty small list of people, I thought there would be more interest.  Anyone else....We do need one MAC rep at least, and also would like a person From the NEFC and NESCAC.  Plus more from E8 and LL would be wanted too. 

You sure you want a NESCAC rep?  I mean, I think you should, but Pat excludes the NESCAC from his poll for reasons that have been discussed ad infinitum.  If you do, there are NESCAC posters who have a better grasp of the regional scene than me...you might want to put an ad on the NESCAC board to break up the tedium of Williams admissions talk.

Pat Coleman

We don't exclude the NESCAC from the D3football.com Top 25.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Col. Partridge

The NESCAC is de facto excluded, and you pretty much said no NESCAC team will ever show up in the Top 25 while the playoff ban is in place:

http://www.d3football.com/dailydose/2006/09/23/looking-ahead-to-week-4/

The effect is the same...I'm not saying I disagree with your logic, but a NESCAC poster will fall on deaf ears in something like this.

fisheralum91

PBR...

dewcrew88

Quote from: Capt. Partridge on July 09, 2007, 12:34:15 PM
The NESCAC is de facto excluded, and you pretty much said no NESCAC team will ever show up in the Top 25 while the playoff ban is in place:

The effect is the same...I'm not saying I disagree with your logic, but a NESCAC poster will fall on deaf ears in something like this.

Just to clarify: Is this the East in the sense that the ATR East column is. As in, the conferences included are just the Liberty League, the Empire 8, the ACFC and the NJAC? Because if that's the case, NORTHEAST conferences such as the NEFC and the NESCAC would not count in this poll.

labart96

TGP is willing to be the Hobart rep on the "East Poll Committee" (unless of course the Rt Rev is interested).

Unfortunately both of us are on the left coast, so our opinions will be based primarily on webcasts and what we hear/read vs. actually seeing teams in person.

union89

Quote from: budcrew08 on July 09, 2007, 02:16:40 PM

Just to clarify: Is this the East in the sense that the ATR East column is. As in, the conferences included are just the Liberty League, the Empire 8, the ACFC and the NJAC? Because if that's the case, NORTHEAST conferences such as the NEFC and the NESCAC would not count in this poll.

Had to smite you for that one Crew....let's not reinvent the wheel here....why would the rankings be based off a literary breakdown??  Four Regions, based off the breakdown on the main page.

AUKaz00

Quote from: AUPepBand on July 08, 2007, 04:29:17 PM
Pep attempts to keep up on what the D3 schools are doing and, despite his loyal support of the Saxons, Pep tries to maintain objectivity in posting and rankings. However, Pep would not object to AUKaz00 serving in his place, provided he practices his clarinet!

An Alfred consensus can be provided each week by AUPB and me.  That way if either of us are unavailable, a ranking can still make it to PG08 each week.
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

pg04

Quote from: Union89 on July 09, 2007, 02:45:57 PM
Quote from: budcrew08 on July 09, 2007, 02:16:40 PM

Had to smite you for that one Crew....let's not reinvent the wheel here....why would the rankings be based off a literary breakdown??  Four Regions, based off the breakdown on the main page.

Agreed, I will break it down based on the way the playoffs would define it (ie.  Brockport from the ACFC is in the east but Salisbury is not).

Pep and Kazoo. if you want to do it that way, you can. 

TGP you are on. 

I am going to close the "application" to be a pollster by the end of Tuesday Night, because we have now several People.

pg04

Quote from: uPBRmeASAP on July 09, 2007, 12:47:52 PM
DUCK.... INCOMING!!!

Would you like to represent the MAC in the poll, or are you passing on this opportunity  :)

pg04

These are the people I have thusfar (Let me know if I missed any of you!!):
1. Budcrew                   
2. Superman/Upstate    
3. KnightStalker                
4. Lewdogg                      
5. PG04                            
6. Union 89                  
7. AuPep/Kazoo            
8. Realistic                    
9. TGP