Cortaca Jug 2012

Started by Bombers798891, November 03, 2012, 10:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are you looking forawrd to most this weekend?

Grastorf fumbling every time
1 (7.7%)
Mike Welch emerging from the locker room, hitting Dan MacNeil over the head with a steel chair, and standing over his prone body
3 (23.1%)
Seeing the 17 quarterbacks Cortland will go through during the game
3 (23.1%)
The fact that Cortland will probably win the game regardless of the above fact
6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: November 14, 2012, 03:37:50 PM

cstate19

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on November 07, 2012, 12:36:43 PM
Quote from: AUKaz00 on November 07, 2012, 11:46:38 AM
Quote from: clandfan on November 07, 2012, 07:46:39 AM
it IS Cortaca so you can throw everything on paper right out the window. 

Seriously, you couldn't recycle that stuff (like all the jokes on the Cortaca board each year)?

I'm going through my reclycling checklist now:

- kickball joke: check
- Yo Mamma joke: check
- Phys ed joke: ______
- Cortland grad/student reading level joke: _____

We have a few more days.

You would think fifty grand a year would buy a little creativity.

Bombers798891

Quote from: cstate19 on November 07, 2012, 02:43:27 PM

Seriously, you couldn't recycle that stuff (like all the jokes on the Cortaca board each year)?

We have a few more days.

It does, but since we're attempting to communicate with Cortland grads, we have to dial it back for you.

Teasing aside, you going to the game?

Bombers798891

Stolen from someone funnier than me:

"Little known fact about this weekend's game. Quarterback Dan Pitcher will be starting his eighth Cortaca game for the Red Dragons, breaking the previous record of seven Cortaca starts held by Dan Pitcher."

Yanks 99

I love Cortaca.  It is always my annual reminder that if my kids try real hard, here is what they can learn at Cortland someday:

- Cortland A-Cappella
- Drawing
- Painting
- Skating
- Backpacking
- Adventure Activities
- Men and Masculinity (hey boys!!!!!!)

And my absolute favorite...

- Experimental Video

Who knew that you could get college credit with nothing more than a cell phone camera and some drunk chick from the Dark Horse....
Hartwick College 2007 Empire 8 Champions

Dragondad

Quote from: Bombers798891 on November 07, 2012, 03:30:17 PM

"Little known fact about this weekend's game. Quarterback Dan Pitcher will be starting his eighth Cortaca game for the Red Dragons, breaking the previous record of seven Cortaca starts held by Dan Pitcher."

Actually he started two.  Had he started seven, we'd be going for our eighth Cortaca win in a row.

Bombers798891

Quote from: Dragondad on November 07, 2012, 08:27:17 PM
Quote from: Bombers798891 on November 07, 2012, 03:30:17 PM

Actually he started two.  Had he started seven, we'd be going for our eighth Cortaca win in a row.

Maybe we're thinking of Alex Smith...

Dragondad

Alex now on the coaching staff at SU.  Probably started 3-4 yrs.  came back in 2009 from grad asst coach to play when Pitcher tore his achilles.  I think he played that yr 2005? When Cortland was down to their 4th QB and won.

Bombers798891

Quote from: Dragondad on November 07, 2012, 10:43:26 PM
Alex now on the coaching staff at SU.  Probably started 3-4 yrs.  came back in 2009 from grad asst coach to play when Pitcher tore his achilles.  I think he played that yr 2005? When Cortland was down to their 4th QB and won.

Yeah, I knew there was some guy who came back like, half a decade later. ;)

By the way, seeing your e-mail, I hope you know it's all in good fun....

Jonny Utah

Quote from: cstate19 on November 07, 2012, 02:43:27 PM

We have a few more days.

50K a year?

Ithaca College parents filling out a financial aid form

Cortland parent buying "school supplies" on all the money he saved by sending his kid to Cortland

Yanks 99

Quote from: Yanks 99 on November 07, 2012, 04:04:52 PM
I love Cortaca.  It is always my annual reminder that if my kids try real hard, here is what they can learn at Cortland someday:

- Cortland A-Cappella
- Drawing
- Painting
- Skating
- Backpacking
- Adventure Activities
- Men and Masculinity (hey boys!!!!!!)

And my absolute favorite...

- Experimental Video

Who knew that you could get college credit with nothing more than a cell phone camera and some drunk chick from the Dark Horse....

Just to make sure there is no confusion...all of the "classes" listed above are actual classes that Cortland provides, according to their 2012-2013 syllabus.  For your Cortland guys...syllabus is a big word for course outline or program of study.
Hartwick College 2007 Empire 8 Champions

dlippiel

+k yanks, dlip almost pissed himself!  ;D

Anyone know Neumann's status for Saturday. Dlip thinks if he doesn't play the Bombers may be in even more trouble than they already are.

Bombers798891

Quote from: dlip on November 08, 2012, 10:38:47 AM
+k yanks, dlip almost pissed himself!  ;D

Anyone know Neumann's status for Saturday. Dlip thinks if he doesn't play the Bombers may be in even more trouble than they already are.

I say Welch and Neumann pull a tandem Willis Reed moment, the Bombers are inspired and crush the Dragons, 71-3.

In a related story, if the Bombers beat Cortland, how good will Mark McDonough look as a future coach? If they can go 3-1 with wins over two NCAA playoff teams in three weeks, I think he'd have to be looked at as a serious candidate. Even prior to this Cortland game, the Bombers have put together three great weeks in a row when things could have fallen apart

Dragondad

Quote from: Bombers798891 on November 08, 2012, 07:36:10 AM

Of course.  I know it's in fun.  I have appreciated you guys for a number of years but for obvious reasons refrained from jumping into the fray.  Please know too, that I don't presume Dan would have won 8 in a row.  That's was just my little fun.

Bombers798891

Quote from: Dragondad on November 08, 2012, 11:45:47 AM
Quote from: Bombers798891 on November 08, 2012, 07:36:10 AM

Of course.  I know it's in fun.  I have appreciated you guys for a number of years but for obvious reasons refrained from jumping into the fray.  Please know too, that I don't presume Dan would have won 8 in a row.  That's was just my little fun.

Of course. I mean, we all know it takes eight years to graduate from Cortland, but we're not naive enough to think that Cortland's offensive skill players would EVER survive eight years injury-free. Come on now.

Actually, seriously, what is up with that? Every year, it seems like Cortland's got some great offensive player (Babin, Autera, Smith) miss like, half the year.

Dragondad

There is probably a joke there for you regarding the SUNY athletic training staff but I'm not going to make it.  I think they do a great job.  It's the nature of the game (another cliche' for you).  It really sucks though when it's your kid and both Dan and Matt had serious injury.  Hope all stay healthy Saturday.