2010 Alfland Mug

Started by AUPepBand, November 24, 2010, 08:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUKaz00

Quote from: msarge7 on November 27, 2010, 04:21:25 PM
I'll be watching next weekend too.  ON SAXON WARRIORS!!!

Unfortunately, unless you can make the game or live in NE Ohio, you'll have to settle for listening to the game.  UMU has a deal with the local cable company who broadcasts their games on tape delay.  All the more reason to make the trip!

And after seeing Cortland's impressive stadium yesterday and considering that the Jets practice there along with SUNY tuition rates, I think the Red Dragons are the East's best hope for a national contender.  Thanks for being gracious hosts yesterday, though the A/C was a little high for my liking.
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

RedDragonFan

Thanks AUKazoo but thought you all were used to cold weather. Frankly it was chilly but not the worst by far! Congrats again the Saxons were certainly the better team Saturday for sure. Give em hell in Alliance and a couple renditions of the fight song...you guys were fun to listen to even in a Cstate losing cause!

Hope there's a need for an Alfland 2011 board next year!

DanPadavona

Absolutely.  Let's hope we play a little more often than once every 30 years.   :-[
Justin Bieber created 666 false D3 identities to give me negative karma.

saxontad

Quote from: DanPadavona on November 28, 2010, 07:06:49 PM
Absolutely.  Let's hope we play a little more often than once every 30 years.   :-[

For years, I have wanted us to play Cortland.  Let's hope this past Saterday has broken the ice. (pun intended)

On Saxon Warriors!!

AUPepBand

Well, gosh, Kaz00, if Pep can get past the warning message, perhaps the 2010 Alfland Mug can be back on the front page. My question for Cortland fans is....are the Red Dragons ready to take on the ball control Bombers who play solid defense and excel with special teams play?

Meanwhile, Pep prepares for a Saturday morning trip on a bus (a new bandwagon?) with the cheerleaders, a capella group and the band...to the Courage Bowl. Should be a great game!

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

UfanBill

Just out of curiosity I'm reading the Alfland Mug and that brings to mind a simple solution for how to continue this series.  No brainer! All you gotta do switch Cortland and Frostburg.  Cortland belongs in the E8 with StJF, Buff St, Ith and Alfred.  And why is Frostburg (Maryland) in the E8 and not say the NJAC anyway( along with Salisbury)???  Mug game and Jug game both live on! Pep,AU and RedDragon you should get on that.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

dlippiel

Quote from: AUPepBand on November 15, 2013, 10:19:29 AM
Well, gosh, Kaz00, if Pep can get past the warning message, perhaps the 2010 Alfland Mug can be back on the front page. My question for Cortland fans is....are the Red Dragons ready to take on the ball control Bombers who play solid defense and excel with special teams play?

Meanwhile, Pep prepares for a Saturday morning trip on a bus (a new bandwagon?) with the cheerleaders, a capella group and the band...to the Courage Bowl. Should be a great game!

On Saxon Warriors!

Nice!!!!!!

AUPepBand

Looks like the Alfland Mug is on the table....Cortland State (6-4) at Alfred (7-3) on Saturday, Nov. 23 at Yunevich Stadium, Mayberry.

UfanBill

Quote from: UfanBill on November 15, 2013, 10:54:41 AM
Just out of curiosity I'm reading the Alfland Mug and that brings to mind a simple solution for how to continue this series.  No brainer! All you gotta do switch Cortland and Frostburg.  Cortland belongs in the E8 with StJF, Buff St, Ith and Alfred.  And why is Frostburg (Maryland) in the E8 and not say the NJAC anyway( along with Salisbury)???  Mug game and Jug game both live on! Pep,AU and RedDragon you should get on that.
Catching up on the rival E8 (obviously I'm a LL guy) I was delighted to see the powers to be in the E8 and NJAC took me up on my suggestions! Cortland to the E8 and Frostburg to the NJAC.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

AUPepBand

Quote from: UfanBill on September 06, 2014, 12:03:55 PM
Quote from: UfanBill on November 15, 2013, 10:54:41 AM
Catching up on the rival E8 (obviously I'm a LL guy) I was delighted to see the powers to be in the E8 and NJAC took me up on my suggestions! Cortland to the E8 and Frostburg to the NJAC.

Yes, and Salisbury and Wesley will go with Frostburg to the NJAC while Morrisville State comes with Cortland State to the Empire 8.