MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndOne

Quote from: andrebrown11 on April 20, 2015, 03:50:54 PM
It's simple. It's hard to get someone to commit to a school that chargers almost 40,000 a year without any scholarships. Nice campus amazing facilities but ridiculous price. Not a great sports atmosphere either. They were just better options for myself and my family.

Excuse me, but who are you, and what in the world are you referring to/talking about?

Also, once was enough!  ::)

mwunder

Quote from: AndOne on April 20, 2015, 04:35:54 PM
It's simple. It's hard to get someone to commit to a school that chargers almost 40,000 a year without any scholarships. Nice campus amazing facilities but ridiculous price. Not a great sports atmosphere either. They were just better options for myself and my family.

Excuse me, but who are you, and what in the world are you referring to/talking about?

I believe he is a kid out of Kenosha who decided NOT to go to Carthage.  #11 from Indian Trail.  http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1717070/andre-brown

AndOne

WESLEYAN RECRUIT

Danny Baker, 6'5" SF from St. John Vianney (MO) Catholic. Metro Catholic Conference honorable mention.

hopefan

Quote from: AndOne on April 21, 2015, 04:39:15 PM
WESLEYAN RECRUIT

Danny Baker, 6'5" SF from St. John Vianney (MO) Catholic. Metro Catholic Conference honorable mention.

Vianney had a good, not great, season in the Metro Catholic Conference... so played very good competition most nights... ie Chaminade, with All American Jason Tatum..
Baker averaged 9.3 ppg, shot 56% from 2 point, 38% on a handful of 3 point shots, 67% from the line, 4.1 rebounds per game...  Not so sure he wouldn't have been a better fit in the SLIAC, but no harm in shooting high...  With those stats however, I'll be surprised.....
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

AndOne

Quote from: mwunder on April 21, 2015, 04:18:10 PM
Quote from: AndOne on April 20, 2015, 04:35:54 PM

I believe he is a kid out of Kenosha who decided NOT to go to Carthage.  #11 from Indian Trail.  http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1717070/andre-brown

Thanks mwunder.

Seems this kid is going to Whitewater.
This begs the question of why in the world would a kid go to Whitewater for $13,744.00 (tuition + double occupancy and 14 meal plan) when he could go to Carthage for $48,835.00 (tuition + double occupancy and 13 meal plan) PLUS having the pleasure of playing for Bosko?
It just makes no sense whatsoever.  ::)   ;)

titanfan

Quote from: AndOne on April 21, 2015, 04:39:15 PM
WESLEYAN RECRUIT

Dear Wesleyan Cardinal fans who frequent the CCIW board, I believe AndOne is mistaken.  Danny Baker tweeted back in Jamuary that he was instead planning on attending Illinois Wesleyan University next year.  Sorry for the misleading information.   ;)

AndOne

Titanfan,

You're kidding right?  ???

The kid is in high school NOW. Therefore he is a RECRUIT for next year. If he made an early decision in January to attend IWU NEXT year, and tweeted that decision at the time, it only confirms his (early as far as basketball decisions usually go) decision. Just because he made his decision in January, rather than currently, does not mean he is still not counted as a "recruit," in basketball terminology, as far as next season/year is concerned.
I cannot comprehend how you think I could possibly be mistaken when the kid himself confirmed his committment.  :o
In what way am I mistaken? And what "misleading information" are you referring to?

Titan Q

Quote from: AndOne on April 21, 2015, 06:51:22 PM
Titanfan,

The kid is in high school NOW. Therefore he is a RECRUIT for next year. If he made an early decision in January to attend IWU NEXT year, and tweeted that decision at the time, it only confirms his (early as far as basketball decisions usually go) decision. Just because he made his decision in January, rather than currently, does not mean he is still not counted as a "recruit," in basketball terminology, as far as next season/year is concerned.
I cannot comprehend how you think I could possibly be mistaken when the kid himself confirmed his committment.  :o
In what way am I mistaken? And what "misleading information" are you referring to?

I think the winking emoticon ;) suggests he was kidding.  I'm not an emoticon subject matter expert, but I'm pretty confident about this one.

And the "misleading information" is that Wesleyan, the Cardinals, is in Middletown, CT.

AO

Quote from: Titan Q on April 21, 2015, 07:34:45 PM
Quote from: AndOne on April 21, 2015, 06:51:22 PM
Titanfan,

I think the winking emoticon ;) suggests he was kidding.  I'm not an emoticon subject matter expert, but I'm pretty confident about this one.

And the "misleading information" is that Wesleyan, the Cardinals, is in Middletown, CT.
If you're still a confused here is a video of Wesleyan's most famous graduates that I just stumbled onto today.  Compare that with an Illinois Wesleyan graduate and you'll understand the difference. 

gordonmann

Ha! This Wesleyan alum would like a word with you concerning his relative popularity to the aformentioned alumni.

old_hooper

And of course another guy who would like it to be known as a Wesleyan alum...Bill Bellichick.

AndOne

Quote from: old_hooper on April 22, 2015, 11:59:33 AM
And of course another guy who would like it to be known as a Wesleyan alum...Bill Bellichick.

Ah, yes, Bill "Spy-Gate" and "Deflate-Gate" Belichick (ONE L)
THAT Bill Belichick? :D

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Well... the most famous Wesleyan grad is my dad... because he's my dad. Just sayin'! LOL

This has been fun, guys... nice to get a smile going in the morning.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Wildcat

The first recruits for Elmhurst are Aaron Twist a 6-11 ,240lb post player from West Frankfort ,Illinois. And Adam Braxton a 6-3 guard-forward from Leyden township High School in Northlake ,Illinois. Thanks for your insight And One.