FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanova

Quote from: skoaltrain on October 08, 2010, 11:55:39 AM
Quote from: HSC85 on October 08, 2010, 10:46:10 AM
Great props for Stone Station in Triple Take on the Daily Dose blog today, given by Ryan.

I saw that too!  Great Press.  We will be in full force tomorrow.  Everyone is coming in today.  Great menu planned.  Come by HSC85 and kick a tire or two.  We love the Fellowship regardless of the foe.

Here is the ink from D3Football.com today that HSC types about.....

Game of the Week.
Ryan's take: Hampden-Sydney at Bridgewater. Going off script from the Top 25 a bit here, but last week, we saw the first of the ODAC's four undefeated teams fall. This week, we'll see yet another. The Tigers have been uncaged all season, with quality wins against Averett, N.C. Wesleyan and Salisbury. The Eagles, however, have reached 4-0 in less convincing fashion and will need their defense to step up if they don't want to get clipped. This week we will see clarity in the highly balanced ODAC. To top things off, Bridgewater's Stone Station, one of the best tailgate crews in the country, will have their grills fired up and ready to go.

Nice - and well deserved.  I had a great chat with Llamaguy yesterday while waiting to board my plane in Jackson, MS.  One of my questions for Bo was whether Stone Station is traveling to Guilford on Oct. 16.  Unfortunately, it's fall break on campus, but we're hoping for great weather!

Olinemom

Quote from: religion_major on October 02, 2010, 06:36:07 PM
Quote from: skoaltrain on October 01, 2010, 09:12:15 PM
Quote from: Llamaguy on October 01, 2010, 07:56:17 PM
Quote from: wesleydad on September 30, 2010, 06:51:45 PM
i know i am getting ahead of this week, but i can not wait until next weekends homecoming game between bridgewater and hampden sydney.  making the trip to hang out with my stagg bowl family, stone station.  looking forward to some great grubb, pulled pork i hope from skoaltrain, chicken, and fried turkey, etc.  party on, i will bring some good micro brew beer to add to the festivities, see you in a week.

You will be welcomed with open arms!

We laughed yesterday as Skoaltrain & myself opened the Salem parkinglot at 2:30pm for our 7:30pm game. There was no 20 inches of snow, no Mt. Union or UWW rowdies, actually it was just us. Then about 30 minutes later a local pulled up and asked if there was going to be a party tonight. Our reply, "there already is one, Stone Station is in the house!" Two hours later after his buddie got off work they showed up with fire water and cigars. Gotta love the local Salem crowd.
Later, as we walked out after the game I mentioned how I couldn't wait to get back there in a few short months. Good Times.

We will be arriving at the usual location @ 4pm on Friday. Looking forward to a great tailgating weekend. Not so sure about the game but that is why it is not played on paper, "any given Saturday" you know!

Well said LlamaGuy. It was quite the site.  Shorts and a bit of a breeze while we set up shop yesterday.  Not many people but the ones that did make it seemed to have a good time plus I got to wear my Bridgewater Football Jersey without the other teams asking me who I represented.

As for Homecoming, we'll be on site as LlamaGuy said around 4 p.m.  From the feedback I've gotten, there will be quite the crowd for this weekend.  Can't wait to catch up with you WesleyDad.  It's been far too long.  Catch you in a week! 

Go BC!!!!!!!!!  Snakehandler? Where are you? Please tell me you're coming?  Missing that Ham Pot Pie.  My Dad is looking forward to it.

I should have known better than to sign up for a class that meets that weekend.  I'll be with ya'll in spirit.  Go BC.
We'll miss ya!!!
Brownies for Film Day--Now there's a Slogan I can live with!!!:)  Go EAGLES!

Olinemom

Quote from: hasanova on October 08, 2010, 12:16:21 PM

Nice - and well deserved.  I had a great chat with Llamaguy yesterday while waiting to board my plane in Jackson, MS.  One of my questions for Bo was whether Stone Station is traveling to Guilford on Oct. 16.  Unfortunately, it's fall break on campus, but we're hoping for great weather!
I'm on the Alumni Bus so at least 1 of us will be down.  i expect more wil be there.   Can't wait to see you, Hasa.  Where is the poetry?  I miss the poetry!!!
Brownies for Film Day--Now there's a Slogan I can live with!!!:)  Go EAGLES!

wesleydad

made the trip last night and the traffic delays were worth it.  hanging out with stone station, bonfire, fireworks, and food.  real good food, tuna, salmon, shrimp, and scallops, these folk know how to tailgate.  getting ready to head out this morning to join the festivities again.  the weather is beautiful on the west side of virginia, sunny, little clouds, and a crisp feel to the air - GREAT DAY FOR A FOOTBALL GAME.  looking forward to seeing the game, want tosee how good hampden--sydney is and is bridgewater deserving some love being undefeated.  enjoy the games wherever you are, time to go tailgate.

hasanova

Quote from: Olinemom on October 09, 2010, 09:03:49 AM

I'm on the Alumni Bus so at least 1 of us will be down.  i expect more wil be there.   Can't wait to see you, Hasa.  Where is the poetry?  I miss the poetry!!!
Looking forward to seeing you too, Olinemom.

There once was a Quaker so busy,
His head is still spinning and dizzy!
With teaching and travel,
His life might unravel.
Yet ne'er too rushed for a verse - or is he?  

hoopstermom

HSC scored first possession, up 7-0 with 11 min to go in 1st.

Bridgewater fakes fg and goes for 1st down, but HSC stops 'em short. takes over at their own 20 yd line.

Catholic fakes a field goal too and is stopped also on 4th down by RMC.

Wow, everyone is going for the tricks in the bag early.

hoopstermom

Jackets drive almost the whole length of the field after the fake field goal by Catholic and score with 3 min to go in 1st. Up 7-0.

hoopstermom

Bridgewater scores to tie it up with 6 min to go in 1st. 

hoopstermom

Jackets up 14-0 now, almost halftime.

BC up 14-7 with 9 min still to go until half.

hoopstermom

21-0 RMC over Catholic still 2:00 min till half
14-10 BC over HSC with 7 min till half

hoopstermom

RMC 28-0 over Catholic at half
BC 17-10 over HSC at half

beenhit2hard

Hey LlamaGuy,,so far only two of those Oysters have worked ,,I don't know what I'll do if the other 3 dozen work as well as these two did  ;D

wesleydad

wow, what a day.  a great football game.  bridgewater had every chance to win the game.  i think the coach is too conservative.  there is no difference between these 2 teams, so the south is not very strong.  with all that being said, my wife and i had a great day with the bridgewater people.  12 plus hours of tailgating and football makes for a great day.  the food was great, but the folks from stone station are even greater.  where else can someone from out of town go and spend that many hours with other football folk and be accepted as one of their own.  all of you guys are the greatest and my wife and i feel honered to spend time with you.  thanks again stone station folk and we will see you in 2 months at the stagg bowl.

hasanova

Guilford loses 36-21 at SVU and drops to 0-5.  It's the Knights' first ever win over the Quakers.  Well, enough about that ... has anyone mentioned that basketball practice starts Oct. 15?

HSC85

Great game in Bridgewater yesterday.  I wanted to compliment the Bridgewater players, coaches, staff and most of the fans for representing your school in a top flight manner.  Good luck the rest of the seaon.