MBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by steelyglen, February 15, 2005, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerfanalso

so whats the scope on the two odac teams winning tonight ? which one has the tougher opponent ? if both play well should both be favored ?

good luck to RMC & VWC. Can't decide which one to pull for Saturday should they face each other.

donho

rmc1982

Quote from: tigerfanalso on March 13, 2015, 10:11:35 AM
so whats the scope on the two odac teams winning tonight ? which one has the tougher opponent ? if both play well should both be favored ?

good luck to RMC & VWC. Can't decide which one to pull for Saturday should they face each other.
I wouldn't bet against VWC or Coach Macedo tonite....Big article on the game in the Norfolk paper this am(The Virginian Pilot) where hes saying its the tallest team they've played,etc.....I know what he's gonna try to do....RUN 'EM till their toungues are waggin and take em outa the game!   As for us.....well.....that gym's gonna be CRAZY.I know St John Fisher  has had ALOT of hot 3 point shooters.....but so do we......this game could end up 87-84 or something similar.....VWC-if they get it in the 70's or above it's THEIRS! just my two cents....
"We're completely surrounded-Excellent!...Now we can attack in any direction!'....Chesty Puller, USMC

tigerfanalso

Either way, both RMC & VWC have done well. Good luck to both. If the two shall meet on Saturday, the odac cannot lose.
Make sure that happens. I'll be in Roanoke next weekend pulling for the odac, not sure if I can actually pull for rmc but I'll try !!!!

FISHTANKFAN

WTG MARLINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The motto on their Facebook page said it all...DON'T. BACK.DOWN.  and they didn't.  Good luck tomorrow. 

donho

Win and move on. All ODAC tomorrow night. Lets go Jackets!!!

y_jack_lok

Congrats to both ODAC teams. I'm sure it will be a great game tomorrow night.

Whichever team wins is most likely going to have to play UW-Stevens Point in the final four (assuming UWSP wins tomorrow night - which I fully expect). I watched UWSP dismantle Emory (a team that beat VWC early in the season) tonight. UWSP is the same program that beat R-MC in the final four in 2010 and won the championship (which they also won in 2004 and 2005). It's a different year with all different players, but UWSP looked REALLY good. Most ranking systems (not polls) have UWSP as the favorite in the tournament now. Whichever ODAC team makes it to the final four had better be ready to play in Salem.

2RMCFans

Well... good luck to all for an exciting game tonight in Crenshaw.  This we know: both teams will show up ready.

GO JACKETS!!!!! 

rmc1982

Quote from: 2RMCFans on March 14, 2015, 08:32:13 AM
Well... good luck to all for an exciting game tonight in Crenshaw.  This we know: both teams will show up ready.

GO JACKETS!!!!!
2RMCfans-Has the email for tickets gone out yet?? Waiting to see if i got my two!!What a GREAT atmosphere in Crenshaw last night-the student section was exceptionally ROWDY and i hope it's CRAZIER tonite!! Two great teams.....that respect each other a great deal....two great coaches....an electric atmosphere.....doesen't get ANY BETTER than this!!and Y_Jack_lok-I beg to differ.....I believe that whomever wins tonight will win the National Championship!! GO JACKETS!!
"We're completely surrounded-Excellent!...Now we can attack in any direction!'....Chesty Puller, USMC

y_jack_lok

^^^ I hope you are right. I wasn't predicting an outcome, just giving a serious BE PREPARED heads up to the Marlins and Jackets. I could have egg all over my face if UWSP loses to East Texas Baptist tonight.

hasanova

Congratulations to VWC and RMC ... ODAC with 2 in Elite Eight and one guaranteed for Final Four!  Reminds me of EMU at GC in 2010.

rmc1982

Quote from: y_jack_lok on March 14, 2015, 09:57:56 AM
^^^ I hope you are right. I wasn't predicting an outcome, just giving a serious BE PREPARED heads up to the Marlins and Jackets. I could have egg all over my face if UWSP loses to East Texas Baptist tonight.
i just got my email- IM IN!! I will say this.... If we play like we did last night VWC will EAT US UP!! Too many turnovers , missed free throws, and missed easy shots ..... We should have won by 15 or 20...... And the VWC players were sitting right beside us and I KNOW they saw it too..... We were ribbing them a little but we know what to expect from them..... EVERYTHING THEYVE GOT and a hard nosed- but CLEAN- game!! This will be a battle- no doubt about that...... And whoever wins will deserve to be in Salem next weekend!! I gotta say again I have NEVER heard our student section CRAZIER than they were last night...a lot of them wear a lemon and black shirt with simply "6" on it and it's TRUE!! Our students LOVE our Jackets and it shows!! Hope they are crazier TONITE and we play a much better game..... Or we're TOAST!! GO JACKETS!!

donho

1982, what are my chances of showing up and getting in?

donho

DewayneCarter, are you heading up from the beach?

rmc1982

Quote from: donho on March 14, 2015, 12:04:29 PM
1982, what are my chances of showing up and getting in?
DonHo-It was kind of a lottery system based on YJClub contributions but I could only get two and I had to register for them when i ordered my tickets for last night with NO GUARANTEE that i would get two for tonite.They sent out an email saying whether or not you got them this morning about 10 am, and we had to let them know by 2pm today! i will PM you with who to call to see, but I really think its slim to none you get em.I dont know how VWC distributed theirs, probably the same way...