MBB: Atlantic East Conference

Started by mailsy, February 01, 2018, 11:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

AEC is going to have an AQ problem in two years unless they find a better solution than sitting on the cutline: https://www.d3sports.com/notables/2021/02/delaware-state-pulls-plug-on-wesley

mailsy

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 15, 2021, 04:54:12 PM
AEC is going to have an AQ problem in two years unless they find a better solution than sitting on the cutline: https://www.d3sports.com/notables/2021/02/delaware-state-pulls-plug-on-wesley

Yeah. ..That's going to be an issue. With this pandemic going on and the current state of athletics because of the virus. Who's going to move to the AEC?
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: mailsy on February 16, 2021, 05:46:35 AM

Yeah. ..That's going to be an issue. With this pandemic going on and the current state of athletics because of the virus. Who's going to move to the AEC?

They'll find someone if they get desperate enough.  The problem will be whether they really want whoever is willing to come.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 16, 2021, 07:53:36 AM
Quote from: mailsy on February 16, 2021, 05:46:35 AM

They'll find someone if they get desperate enough.  The problem will be whether they really want whoever is willing to come.

Do they give Lancaster Bible another chance? They just raised about $11 million dollars for an athletics department fundraiser. The $1 million is public. The $10 million dollars is kind of quiet (per the donor). Pretty amazing given the size of the school (I'm not sure how many are smaller in all of D-III) and the state of things today!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

LBC was my first thought. They're not all that different than Wesley, size wise, plus they won't have football in another conference driving the ship.

1100 enrollment is not that small for d3.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 19, 2021, 07:35:44 AM
LBC was my first thought. They're not all that different than Wesley, size wise, plus they won't have football in another conference driving the ship.

The 1100 is the total enrollment for all 4 of their campuses (and includes graduate students). The undergraduate enrollment at the Lancaster campus is in the mid-500's.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on February 19, 2021, 03:20:50 PM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 19, 2021, 07:35:44 AM

The 1100 is the total enrollment for all 4 of their campuses (and includes graduate students). The undergraduate enrollment at the Lancaster campus is in the mid-500's.

That's not what their website says: https://www.lbc.edu/about/quick-facts/

Pat Coleman

They claimed 986 full-time undergrads in their last filing with the U.S. Department of Education, which is up from the 835 we had them listed at from a previous report.

Makes them larger than Immaculata, for example.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 19, 2021, 11:17:07 PM
They claimed 986 full-time undergrads in their last filing with the U.S. Department of Education, which is up from the 835 we had them listed at from a previous report.

Makes them larger than Immaculata, for example.

LBC had better fix the data on the website in that case. Have you ever been to their campus? My backyard is almost bigger (kidding of course) :)

Pete Beers (AD) was talking about the undergrad, fulltime enrollment at their main campus in Lancaster just a few weeks ago when they kicked off their one day sports related fundraiser for February 3rd. Unless I have a major wax buildup, it was definitely in the 500's. Having been to the campus on several occasions........I was shocked it was that much.

Whether 500's, 700's or 900's................small is small and $11 million dollars is a nice fundraiser (although chump change for the NESCAC and UAA ;) ) that many schools, much larger than LBC would love to haver dumped into their athletic department coffers.

Does the AEC forgive them for their past transgression(s) or do they have any better candidates that would make sense AND love to make the jump from a neighboring conference? They plan on adding sports and facilities at a time when most are hoping to tread water, and others, stay alive in the current deep end of the pool.

Conference roulette................the gift that keeps on giving (actually.......taking) :(

Pat Coleman

I was there last January, actually -- I would not argue with you.

Reports to the DOE generally lag by a year or so -- not sure if that is because of the reporting or because of the agency.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

FYI - LBC apparently has a path to the CSAC for whenever they decide to take it. Could they go the AEC route? Sure, but I don't think they are as good a fit there as they would be in the CSAC. Maybe it's just me.

I know LBC has an open door to the CSAC and have for awhile now. I am actually surprised they haven't taken the option and announced in the last six months.

d3closefollower

I wonder if part of the issue that teams might have with the csac is the level of competition.  5 pretty low level athletic programs are in that conference and that's looking at it in terms of national rankings.  I think when valley forge came in that might have shown the direction they are going from a competitiveness standpoint.

mailsy

3 in a row for the Cavs. They play great defense and score by slashing to the hoop and having a good FT %. They don't shoot well though. Young team but very promising.

Cross street rivals up next in Eastern.

GO CAVS!!!
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.