MBB: Northwest Conference

Started by The Show, March 06, 2005, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoopsCoachG

Quote from: (509)Rat on January 11, 2016, 09:51:26 PM
Anyone heard from blackhawks? I'm worried he's stroked out somewhere...

He probably got too excited that even though they lost to Whitworth, Whitman moved up to #21!

wildcat11

Quote from: (509)Rat on January 11, 2016, 09:51:26 PM
Whitworth #1  ;D

Anyone heard from blackhawks? I'm worried he's stroked out somewhere...

Congrats to Whitworth in being ranked #1.  That's an incredibly hard thing to do.  Congrats!

D O.C.

blackhawks4

Well congrats to WW, and Whitman gets its highest national ranking in it's history??  There is just not much to talk about on the board.  Is the rest of the conference down, or have WW & WMN just built programs that head and shoulders above everyone else?  And will this gap just continue to widen or do the other programs have a chance to catch up in years to come? 

A Buc Forever

Quote from: D O.C. on January 13, 2016, 09:58:45 PM
#1 team board dead  ???

It isn't like the last time we were #1.  The league was stronger.  We had some quality non-conference wins. Not much to talk about and even Blackhawks has calmed down.

Quote from: blackhawks4 on January 13, 2016, 11:15:06 PM
Well congrats to WW, and Whitman gets its highest national ranking in it's history??  There is just not much to talk about on the board.  Is the rest of the conference down, or have WW & WMN just built programs that head and shoulders above everyone else?  And will this gap just continue to widen or do the other programs have a chance to catch up in years to come? 

WW and WM have built great programs but no better than what the top teams were like in the past. The difference is how bad LF, Willamette, GF, etc are.  You can only be great with great opponents.

playball

Linfield's ship is sinking fast...

D O.C.

Games they could have won though.
Perhaps opponents cannot take a W for granted at least.

A Buc Forever

Playball,

I feel your pain. LF basketball was competing at the top of the league when you were there.  In 2008 or 2009 you should have beat WW in the league tournament.  LF, Willamette, GF won't sniff the tourney this year and it is a 4 team tourney.  From what I can see, the talent level at WW and WM is completely different than the rest of the league. This wasn't the case in recent past. The talent level was pretty similar across the league.  Most games were competitive. Now it looks like WM and WW are recruiting from completely different talent pools from the rest of the conference and also out-coaching everyone.  What's going on at LF and the rest of the schools? Any insight?

gordonmann

Yah. Made me write more than I wanted to for the front page at 2:30 am on the east coast. :)

blackhawks4

Talk about "playing not to lose" in the 2nd half.  Serious choke-job from Willamette last night.  Terrible.  The only good thing about the game was the broadcast--top notch announcers. 

Jurlina is my player of the year.  He's been really good all season. 

WMN didn't look too sharp last night either.  They gave up a ton of easy buckets and shot 60% from the line.  George Fox just plays no defense...at all.

On the WMN front, this kid I mentioned last time, Austin Butler, is a PLAYER.  1) He's the best defender in the conference, and 2) he does it ALL--points, rebounds, assists, steals.   He's got a shot at racking up a triple double this year (By the way, can anybody remember an NWC triple double)?

I suspect both WMN and WW win by 20+ tonight. 

(509)Rat

Well that was more like it... Whitworth beats GF 91-57

Calvin Jurich is the only Whitworth player that I can remember with a triple double. That had to be 7-8 years ago. 

playball

A kid from GF had a triple double when I was a senior I'm pretty sure (2010-2011).  Mike something generic.

(509)Rat

Quote from: playball on January 17, 2016, 03:39:51 AM
A kid from GF had a triple double when I was a senior I'm pretty sure (2010-2011).  Mike something generic.

If it was the NWC his last name was probably Taylor. Every team had a Michael Taylor if I'm not mistaken...and Whitworth had 2 of em

playball

Quote from: (509)Rat on January 17, 2016, 09:54:25 AM
Quote from: playball on January 17, 2016, 03:39:51 AM

If it was the NWC his last name was probably Taylor. Every team had a Michael Taylor if I'm not mistaken...and Whitworth had 2 of em

That's the one!