2011-2012 DIII Women's Basketball Rankings by Region

Started by d3hendrixpop50, September 07, 2011, 11:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

D3hoops.com -- have you found the message board but not the rest of the sites?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

d3hendrixpop50

:oThanks Pat! and Yes.....Like it.....not alot of indepth stats tho.

Wydown Blvd.

Quote from: d3hendrixpop50 on September 11, 2011, 11:38:50 PM
Pat Coleman....what is the far more indepth website.  Sorry I'm just an empty nester single dad that had my baby girl just move out to play ball at DIII level and I have coached bb and now retired. Want to compare stats and scout with stats as this interests me and gives me something to do in my alone evening time.  Didn't mean to put anybody out.

The site for D3hoops.
d3hoops.com

Pat Coleman

Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

KnightSlappy

I'm toying with doing Women's regional rankings / tournament projections this year in addition to the men's. We'll see. Wouldn't be too much spreadsheet work with the way the new site is layed out.

Would help if someone could simply list the schools that play only on the women's side for me.

d3hendrixpop50

got it Pat. and KnightSlappy that sounds super.....I believe that Women's Basketball is getting more and more popular as more girls play and more parents watch.......Also the group that used to play Women's Basketball is getting bigger and bigger......so more interest is out there.

Thanks David.

Pat Coleman

Women's basketball has accounted for about one-third of our traffic in recent years, but we always give it more than one-third of our coverage.

ronk

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 13, 2011, 10:58:55 AM
Women's basketball has accounted for about one-third of our traffic in recent years, but we always give it more than one-third of our coverage.

Hope Dmac sees that for his broadcast show; I'd estimate < 20% for his show.

Pat Coleman

That's true -- but on Hoopsville the traffic skews even more toward men's basketball.

Hoopsville traffic more mirrors the message board traffic than D3hoops.com's traffic. We'll continue to provide women's coverage on Hoopsville but if there were more support from women's basketball fans that would make a difference. Also, the show is sponsored by one of the coaches' associations only -- the NABC has really embraced Hoopsville.

Wydown Blvd.

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 13, 2011, 02:03:14 PM
That's true -- but on Hoopsville the traffic skews even more toward men's basketball.

Hoopsville traffic more mirrors the message board traffic than D3hoops.com's traffic. We'll continue to provide women's coverage on Hoopsville but if there were more support from women's basketball fans that would make a difference. Also, the show is sponsored by one of the coaches' associations only -- the NABC has really embraced Hoopsville.

What if anything has been the WBCA's response to also supporting Hoopsville?

Pat Coleman

I think this is better responded to privately. I sent you a message.

ronk

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 13, 2011, 02:03:14 PM

Ok, thanks for the additional factors in coverage considerations; I was "ivory tower" ing the situation.

Wydown Blvd.

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 13, 2011, 08:02:41 PM
I think this is better responded to privately. I sent you a message.

A PM would be awesome. If the information is confidential, I understand as well. Thanks.

d3hendrixpop50

What is all this confidential crap about.....all the insider news eventually comes out anyhow.....Look at the Texas A&M SEC realighnment......Just put it out there for the real fans to decide as thats what will happen eventually anyhow.