FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSCTiger fan

I misread Nelson's actual fumbles.

Are you arguing 2 incomplete passes and the equivalent of 71 yards passing is more important than scoring and wins?

I disagree and I'll leave it at that.
Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

jknezek

Fair enough, but I'm arguing that Cobb was less efficient across multiple phases of the game, therefore on an individual basis, which this award measures, he wasn't any better of a candidate. I wouldn't have had a problem if he won, but I think Miller is a justifiable winner as well.

jknezek

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow ODAC followers. Be safe and be happy.

jknezek

Happy Holidays to all my fellow ODAC posters. May your holidays be merry and bright!

jknezek

Ouch. Not sure I like this lavender. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it's too washed out and makes the white words harder to read.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

jknezek

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 27, 2016, 10:03:47 AM
Which words are white?

On the menu page all the headers are white. As are things like the "Post Reply" header while typing this response.

Pat Coleman

Ahh. I guess after having seen the headers for 11 years I've grown blind to them.

I can work to make it a little darker at some point but purple is the new theme color for D3boards, across the ... well, board.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

jknezek

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 27, 2016, 10:44:48 AM
Ahh. I guess after having seen the headers for 11 years I've grown blind to them.

I can work to make it a little darker at some point but purple is the new theme color for D3boards, across the ... well, board.

It's not like I'm going anywhere so I'm sure I'll get used to it. Just to my eye, it makes the page look very washed out and harder to read. There are no contrasting darker colors anymore so a darker purple would definitely help.

tigerFanAlso2

Jk

W&L just picked up two Richmond area kids that can play; MLB and QB. Both attracted lots of interest, several walk on opportunities, D3's in the area all over both. Congrats !!!

jknezek

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on December 27, 2016, 04:26:08 PM
Jk

W&L just picked up two Richmond area kids that can play; MLB and QB. Both attracted lots of interest, several walk on opportunities, D3's in the area all over both. Congrats !!!

Good to hear and I love the heads up. +K. W&L doesn't really do anything to publicize recruiting, not uncommon obviously, but it means it's hard to get excited about. I like to peruse the roster as soon as it is posted and look for numbers, listed positions, listed sizes, and hometowns, but I don't go back and look into their Huddle stuff the way some people do. If they stick it out and get on the field, I'm happy to get behind them!

HSCTiger fan

HSC 2017 schedule:

2-Sep AVERETT
9-Sep AT CNU
16-Sep WISC-PLATTEVILLE
23-Sep OPEN
30-Sep BC
7-Oct AT GC
14-Oct NNA
21-Oct W&L
28-Oct AT E&H
4-Nov SU
11-Nov AT RMC
Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

jknezek

Ambitious. If HSC isn't significantly bether than last year that will be an ugly start.

tigerFanAlso2

Don't really see how HSC will be better than last year but here's to hoping they are !!!!

jknezek

At least they have 10 games with a bye week in a good part of the season. We will see how the rest of the league does...