D3 Championship Belt

Started by Just Bill, January 24, 2007, 02:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightSlappy

Any striking of the record would have implied that The BeltTM made an incorrect pick when it chose the winner for itself.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Just Bill on January 10, 2017, 10:26:02 AM
I hereby decree...

Whereas the NCAA and their championship hath no purview over the D-III Championship BeltTM, it so follows that NCAA rules, regulations and violation also hold no sway over the Great Bespangled Cincture.

Thank you. That makes the most sense.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

sac

St. Olaf 64  St. Thomas 56

The Ollie's roared back from 13 down at halftime to stun the Tommies and take home the illustrious BeltTm for the first time.  Its a great day for American descendants of Norway everywhere.  St. Olaf is at Augsburg on Saturday.

Not the happiest Daschound I've ever seen.

2016-17  BeltTm Path
3-19-16  St. Thomas
11-15-16  UW-River Falls
11-19-16  Hope
12-10-16  UW-Stevens Point
12-14-16  St. Thomas
1-11-17  St. Olaf

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

lmitzel

Quote from: sac on January 12, 2017, 12:42:13 AM
St. Olaf 64  St. Thomas 56

The Ollie's roared back from 13 down at halftime to stun the Tommies and take home the illustrious BeltTm for the first time.  Its a great day for American descendants of Norway everywhere.  St. Olaf is at Augsburg on Saturday.

Not the happiest Daschound I've ever seen.

2016-17  BeltTm Path
3-19-16  St. Thomas
11-15-16  UW-River Falls
11-19-16  Hope
12-10-16  UW-Stevens Point
12-14-16  St. Thomas
1-11-17  St. Olaf

Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 12, 2017, 01:27:24 AM

25 percent of me is pleased. Break out the celebratory lefse!
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

Gregory Sager

Quote from: lmitzel on January 12, 2017, 08:33:15 AMBreak out the celebratory lefse!

LOL! Two words that, while not funny in and of themselves, are hilarious when put together.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

smedindy

How many teams make the MIAC tournament? This could lead to the BeltTM staying in Minnesota even during the D-3 finals!

Pat Coleman

Six teams make the MIAC tournament.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

John Gleich

Quote from: smedindy on January 12, 2017, 03:23:28 PM
How many teams make the MIAC tournament? This could lead to the BeltTM staying in Minnesota even during the D-3 finals!

LOTS of basketball to be played. And it seems, to me, more likely that the best chance of  the BeltTM not making it to the MIAC tournament would be for itTM to be held by a more perfect fallible team (like UST, or Augsburg, or Concordia-Moorhead) rather than a fallible imperfect team like the Ollies.   (I also realize that those three teams are only a game ahead of the Ollies... but I'm looking at wider trends... .500+ teams vs sub-.500 teams)

The Ollies are liable to just cough itTM to a bad team as to a good one...and sooner rather than later... but it's far more likely that a more perfect fallible team would hold on to itTM for longer (before coughing itTM up at the appropriate time).

Let's just keep itTM out of Bethel's hands. They hadn't gotten the message that this isn't the Tommie's year, when they played them last time... but they might have gotten the hint now... and could run the table.
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

Smitty Oom

Quote from: John Gleich on January 13, 2017, 11:38:02 AM

LOTS of basketball to be played. And it seems, to me, more likely that the best chance of  the BeltTM not making it to the MIAC tournament would be for itTM to be held by a more perfect fallible team (like UST, or Augsburg, or Concordia-Moorhead) rather than a fallible imperfect team like the Ollies.   (I also realize that those three teams are only a game ahead of the Ollies... but I'm looking at wider trends... .500+ teams vs sub-.500 teams)

The Ollies are liable to just cough itTM to a bad team as to a good one...and sooner rather than later... but it's far more likely that a more perfect fallible team would hold on to itTM for longer (before coughing itTM up at the appropriate time).

Let's just keep itTM out of Bethel's hands. They hadn't gotten the message that this isn't the Tommie's year, when they played them last time... but they might have gotten the hint now... and could run the table.

Oles have started playing better basketball this week and pull out road wins against the Tommies to gain possession and then Augsburg to keep possession of The BeltTM. I would say they have been motivated to turn their season around to hold onto The BeltTM but lets not forget that ItTM chooses the path, not the other way around.

As a MIAC fan and a BeltTM fan (who isn't), I would love to see the Macalester Scots take The BeltTM at the end of the season and hold onto it throughout the offseason. I mean doesn't it make sense for the Scots to wear this beautiful BeltTM to hold up their kilts in the summer? When was the last time the team to cut down the nets in Salem didn't so in style, showcasing The BeltTM?

lmitzel

Quote from: Smitty Oom on January 14, 2017, 07:33:12 PM
Quote from: John Gleich on January 13, 2017, 11:38:02 AM

Oles have started playing better basketball this week and pull out road wins against the Tommies to gain possession and then Augsburg to keep possession of The BeltTM. I would say they have been motivated to turn their season around to hold onto The BeltTM but lets not forget that ItTM chooses the path, not the other way around.

As a MIAC fan and a BeltTM fan (who isn't), I would love to see the Macalester Scots take The BeltTM at the end of the season and hold onto it throughout the offseason. I mean doesn't it make sense for the Scots to wear this beautiful BeltTM to hold up their kilts in the summer? When was the last time the team to cut down the nets in Salem didn't so in style, showcasing The BeltTM?

As far back as has been tracked, at least, it hasn't happened. It's the thing we all keep rooting for (and who can blame us?) It'd be like finding a four leaf clover, only with more baubles and gewgaws. And supernatural powers beyond what any of us can fathom.
#THREEEEEEEEE

Gregory Sager

Our current holder of The BeltTM, St. Olaf, eked out a road win at Augsburg last night, 70-68.

Yay! Celebratory lefse for everyone!

lmitzel

Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 15, 2017, 02:58:36 PM
Our current holder of The BeltTM, St. Olaf, eked out a road win at Augsburg last night, 70-68.

To all honorary Norwegians, please note that lefse, especially celebratory lefse, is best served with butter and sugar. (Yes, sugar. Just trust me on this one.)
#THREEEEEEEEE

sac

A Monday evening BeltTm treat as the Skoglund Center at St. Olaf host the Big Red Cardinal of St. Mary's. 

AO

Quote from: lmitzel on January 15, 2017, 03:58:32 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 15, 2017, 02:58:36 PM

To all honorary Norwegians, please note that lefse, especially celebratory lefse, is best served with butter and sugar. (Yes, sugar. Just trust me on this one.)
My Ole alum Grandmother would serve it with brown sugar.  White sugar was an unacceptable substitute.