WBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 14, 2005, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanova

Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 20, 2019, 09:24:11 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. Taken care of!
You're welcome.  Thanks for the correction.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Thursday night's Hoopsville will be an extended version of the show to cover both the conclusion of the UW Stevens Point men's basketball investigation and our normal programming this time of the season.

The show will begin with continuing coverage of the UW Stevens Point case that finally wrapped up after more than three-and-a-half years. Athletics Director Brad Duckworth will join us for an exclusive, in-depth, interview about the case, the findings, the punishments, and what it all means for UWSP and the basketball program.

We will then shift into what would be a normal Hoopsville episode talking to teams that are making headlines in the final month of the season. Not only are teams surging, but with Regional Rankings now out the focus on who may be in or may be out of the NCAA Tournament starts to come into focus.

In the WBCA Center Court segment, Dave will also talk with a women's assistant coach who is turning heads not only in the program, but also in the conference and around the country.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch Thursday's extended show starting at 7:00 p.m. ET here: http://bit.ly/2SyWv6X (or video Facebook Live and Periscope simulcasts).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to dave.mchugh@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options below.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Brad Duckworth, UW Stevens Point Athletics Director
- Lauren Hayden, Lynchburg women's assistant coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Juli Fulks, No. 21 Transylvania women's coach
- John Krikorian, No. 16 Christopher Newport men's coach
- Chris Downs, St. Lawrence men's coach
- Bob Amsberry, No. 15 Wartburg women's coach

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

hasanova

Final in Greensboro:  Guilford 78, William Peace 37

With 15 wins, I expected WPU to be a bit better, but Guilford could have put up a 100.  Coach Flamini substituted liberally and the Quakers scored almost at will.  GC is 19-5 and WPU is 15-10.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

y_jack_lok

In case no one noticed, #1 GC and #2 E&H both lost today. Both were regionally ranked -- E&H #2 and GC #9. Gotta wonder now if either of them will get an NCAA tourney bid.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: y_jack_lok on February 23, 2019, 12:47:31 AM
In case no one noticed, #1 GC and #2 E&H both lost today. Both were regionally ranked -- E&H #2 and GC #9. Gotta wonder now if either of them will get an NCAA tourney bid.

Should have just responded here. I think E&H still gets into the NCAA tournament. Guilford, though, is done.

deiscanton

It should be a great final between the #3 seed Washington & Lee Generals and the #8 seed Shenandoah tomorrow.  Shenandoah is the first #8 seed in the history of the ODAC tournament to make it to the title game, while for the Generals, it will be their second title game appearance in program history, and the first under coach Christine Clancy.  Naturally, being a Brandeis alum, I have to root for coach Clancy and the Generals to win the AQ tomorrow.  Let's have a great ODAC title game tomorrow.

ronk

Saw the last 12 mins of W&L's season opener @ Stevenson; they played well for an opener but never thought they could win the ODAC; likewise for Shenandoah - been following their boxscores all season because I know of a starter and top reserve; they had earned their #8 seed but had increasingly improved the past month or so.

deiscanton

Congrats to Shenandoah on winning the AQ from the #8 seed position.  Well done. 

hoopstermom

Good luck to Shenandoah in the tournament!!  They earned their spot and will have an advantage if the opposition looks ahead thinking they'll have an easy win.  Shenandoah is peaking at the right time and if they play like they did during the ODACs, they can beat any team.

I can't find the words to describe how disappointed I am that Emory and Henry did not get a bid.  I'm sure the team is greatly upset as well. They were certainly deserving, and quite honestly I feel their ranking in the region should have garnered them inclusion.  As the summary narrative stated when the bracket was released, it's just makes no sense why they would be left out.  If it was because of their early exit from the ODAC tournament, that's an insult (or simple oversight?) regarding the parity and strength of the teams the ODAC. 

I know, I know, I know, tournament selections never end up making everyone happy. I'm over it now, just wanted to put my feelings out there.  I needed to support my conference and our teams like a good fan always does.

Go HORNETS!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Jeremybozz

Southern Virginia 96,Bridgewater 82 Final