FB: Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

umhb2001

Quote from: Ron Boerger on November 01, 2014, 05:37:39 PM
Trinity's best overall performance of the season - gutsy play but fell to TLU 34-27.     

Great game!
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

jekelish

The winner of next week's AC/TLU game in Sherman is guaranteed at least a share of the SCAC crown.

DFWCrufan

Wow.. I have to stand corrected... Trinity apparently came alive bigtime! (apparently because I did not see the game) good for them!
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

TLU02SA

Glad to see TLU bounce back this week.  Trinity had a great game plan and executed it well.  I thought Trinity's defense was very good today.  It was a hard fought game and I am glad TLU was able to pull it out. Another tough game in Sherman next week.  Austin College has quietly put together a very good season.

TLU02SA

Second post.  I was really concerned about TLU's psyche coming into this game.  Trinity had a great game plan against TLU. TLU showed great resilience and won a tough game.  Hopefully, they carry that forward next week.

umhb2001

Great position for TLU in the regional rankings! Win out!
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

TLU02SA

Quote from: umhb2001 on November 05, 2014, 06:59:21 PM
Great position for TLU in the regional rankings! Win out!

Absolutely! I am a little concerned about this weekend's game against Austin College.  AC has quietly put together a good season and the game is in Sherman.  If TLU comes focused and plays to their potential, TLU should win.  TLU's offense has struggled the past couple of weeks. UMHB and Trinity both kept linebackers keying on Barrolle and TLU hasn't figured out how to effectively counter that strategy. 

TLU02SA

Looking forward to the TLU-AC tomorrow.  Can't make the game but will be watching on TLU's webcast. I expect AC will bring their best. Go Bulldogs!!!

RLW

I will be at the game. Go Bulldogs Turn the Dogs lose.

TLU02SA

Quote from: RLW on November 07, 2014, 10:25:52 PM
I will be at the game. Go Bulldogs Turn the Dogs lose.

Alright!!! Give them hell!

roocru

Half time at Sherman and AC leads TLU 14-9. I have not posted much about my Roos this year but now seems like a good time.  Coach Dawson has quietly changed the atmosphere at AC and the Roos are playing well.  Regardless of how the game finishes, I am proud of how my alma mater has shown such a great spirit and effort this year. I support the Roo nation.
Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

TLU02SA

Quote from: roocru on November 08, 2014, 03:28:29 PM
Half time at Sherman and AC leads TLU 14-9. I have not posted much about my Roos this year but now seems like a good time.  Coach Dawson has quietly changed the atmosphere at AC and the Roos are playing well.  Regardless of how the game finishes, I am proud of how my alma mater has shown such a great spirit and effort this year. I support the Roo nation.

A great game between TLU and AC today.  TLU pulled off a hard fought win against a very good 'Roos team.  AC has had a great season this year.  Good luck to the 'Roos against Trinity next week.

jekelish

That was a well played game. Shows how far AC has come with this senior class, considering some of the scores against TLU over the past couple seasons.

I'll be honest - I wanted to see the 'Roos enter the fourth quarter with a chance to win. That's what happened. It would have been amazing to get the W, but getting to that point, against a nationally ranked team (and the 'Roos absolutely looked like they belonged, there was nothing flukey about it) is a great accomplishment for a program that was 0-10 as recently as 2011.

Hats off to Madison Ross, who continues to put up big numbers for the 'Roos. Up to 6.5 yards per carry and 9 TD, and closing in on the 1000 yard mark for the season. Hope he gets there next week against a rapidly improving Trinity squad!

TLU02SA

Quote from: jekelish on November 08, 2014, 09:09:17 PM
That was a well played game. Shows how far AC has come with this senior class, considering some of the scores against TLU over the past couple seasons.

I'll be honest - I wanted to see the 'Roos enter the fourth quarter with a chance to win. That's what happened. It would have been amazing to get the W, but getting to that point, against a nationally ranked team (and the 'Roos absolutely looked like they belonged, there was nothing flukey about it) is a great accomplishment for a program that was 0-10 as recently as 2011.

Hats off to Madison Ross, who continues to put up big numbers for the 'Roos. Up to 6.5 yards per carry and 9 TD, and closing in on the 1000 yard mark for the season. Hope he gets there next week against a rapidly improving Trinity squad!

I think AC has been underrated this year.  I watched the TLU-AC game in Seguin last year and, although the score did not reflect it, I thought AC looked like a real good team.  I completely expected today's game to be a tough one between the Bulldogs and the Roos.  Because I am TLU alum, I am happy with the outcome but I thought AC was a formidable squad.  Look forward to future match ups.

Ron Boerger

Looks like they're starting to figure some things out in San Antonio.    On their opponent's homecoming, Trinity overcame five turnovers (sigh) to defeat Southwestern 38-18.   The Pirates scored a TD with no time on the clock after a penalty, otherwise the gap would have been even larger.   Jeremy Simmons had 215 yards and a TD on 24 carries, Desmond King scored on a 90-yard kick return, and the Tiger defense held Southwestern under 30 yards rushing, forcing four fumbles (and recovering three) in the process.   Should be a good game against Austin next week, especially if the guys can hold on to the ball.