Pool B

Started by Ralph Turner, October 01, 2005, 02:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Quote from: altor on October 13, 2009, 09:55:25 AM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on September 10, 2009, 11:28:08 PM
When you see the first release of the Handbook, please post the link for all of us.  

2009 DIVISION III FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP HANDBOOK (Updated 10/12/2009)
First draft of the Handbook is out.

23 Pool A/ 3 Pool B/ 6 Pool C bids.

That seems to be correct.

However, the Handbook Appendix C has omitted these programs:

St Schoastica MN
Anna Marie MA
Castleton State VT
SUNY Morrisville
Northwestern MN

Ron Boerger

Ralph, if the NCAA was smart they would pay you to be a consultant on this handbook.  They get stuff wrong every year.

Bob.Gregg

Quote from: Ron Boerger on October 13, 2009, 04:34:14 PM
Ralph, if the NCAA was smart they would pay you to be a consultant on this handbook.  They get stuff wrong every year.

Ron, that will never happen.  It would require them to actually ADMIT they get stuff wrong every year...and that doesn't even begin to take your opening (IF the NCAA was smart) premise into consideration...
Been wrong before.  Will be wrong again.

PA_wesleyfan

NCAA Smart!!! Isn't that an oxymoron  ;D
Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

Ralph Turner

Wesley and Huntingdon are making their cases as is CWRU.

It looks like those are the three.

HSC85

It seems that there is less drama and fewer pool B teams are having good seasons.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: HSC85 on October 18, 2009, 09:25:50 PM
It seems that there is less drama and fewer pool B teams are having good seasons.
The drama should return in 2011 when the UMAC and the ECFC move to Pool A.

Wesley, CWRU and Huntingdon will be fighting for the same bid, unless Huntingdon and LaGrange move into the USA South if/when Shenandoah leaves.

HSC85

In 2011 will there only be one pool B bid or will they reduce the pool C bids?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: HSC85 on October 18, 2009, 09:46:55 PM
In 2011 will there only be one pool B bid or will they reduce the pool C bids?
In post #640 of this thread, I project 25 Pool A bids, 1 Pool B and 6 Pool C bids in 2011.

redswarm81

Quote from: Ralph Turner on October 18, 2009, 09:28:56 PM

Wesley, CWRU and Huntingdon will be fighting for the same bid, unless Huntingdon and LaGrange move into the USA South if/when Shenandoah leaves.

What does your crystal ball say about the Empire 6?  In 2011, they be relegated to Pool B eligible?
Irritating SAT-lagging Union undergrads and alums since 1977

Ralph Turner

Quote from: redswarm81 on October 18, 2009, 11:19:38 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on October 18, 2009, 09:28:56 PM

What does your crystal ball say about the Empire 6?  In 2011, they be relegated to Pool B eligible?
I understand that they have brought in Frostburg and Salisbury as affiliates in 2011.

If they do not sign the affiliation agreement, there might only be one bid for for 16 teams (UAA-4, the E-6, Macalester, Chapman and the four ACFC-4 schools, Wesley, Salisbury, Frostburg and Stevenson).

That would give 24 Pool A bids, 1 Pool B and 7 Pool C bid.

PA_wesleyfan

I think we are all hopimg that the E 8 reconsiders and invites Wesley now that the NCAA has passed judgement on the infactions and punishment has been handed out.

Ralph

My question to you is , if that happens does Wesley(Delaware) get moved into the east region? Hard to do it with Salisbury and Frostburg St. because of the number of schools in Maryland.. But that's thinking ahead .. I know Wesley has an agreement to play Huntiongdon the next few years
Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

Ralph Turner

Delaware and Maryland are in Administrative Region #2  #1, so they are in-region for each other.

If they (E8) take Wesley, I hope that they take Stevenson as well.

PA_wesleyfan

Ralph

I understand that. I wondered  if the NCAA would change Wesley to the East in stead of the
South. But thinking about it more I would guess they wouldn't because of Stevenson and the CAC possible addition in the future 

Ralph Turner

Quote from: PA_wesleyfan on October 19, 2009, 12:40:08 AM
Ralph

I understand that. I wondered  if the NCAA would change Wesley to the East in stead of the
South. But thinking about it more I would guess they wouldn't because of Stevenson and the CAC possible addition in the future 
A conference can ask for a multi-region waiver (like the SCAC has for its members).