BB: OAC: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, January 09, 2006, 11:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bballfanatic1984

Can BW still play for an OAC spot in the playoffs with a 1 and 3 record, and still having to go through the big three (MUC, BERG, Marietta)?

Hopefully all the OAC teams that didn't play over the weekend can get their games in.

Dr. Acula

Berg swept Musky today.  They're both 2-2 in the OAC now.  Didn't catch the score of game 1, but game 2 was 7-3.  It was tied 3-3 after 6.  Hopefully Gramps will have some details for us later.

Also, Etta was leading Cap 4-2 in the 5th inning of their game.

mideastfan2

Marietta wins game one against Capital 7-2.  Knowlton gets the complete game victory.

Marietta takes game two 4-3 in come from behind fashion.  Cimino hits a 3-run HR in the 6th, and Merryman came in to get the final 9 outs for the save.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otterbein sweeps Wilmington

mideastfan2

updated standings....

Marietta 4-0
Otterbein 2-0
Mount Union 3-1
Heidelberg 2-2
Muskingum 2-2
John Carroll 2-2
Ohio Northern 1-1
Capital 1-3
Baldwin-Wallace 1-3
Wilmington 0-4

Gramps

Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 30, 2009, 05:42:45 PM
Berg swept Musky today.  They're both 2-2 in the OAC now.  Didn't catch the score of game 1, but game 2 was 7-3.  It was tied 3-3 after 6.  Hopefully Gramps will have some details for us later.

Also, Etta was leading Cap 4-2 in the 5th inning of their game.
Game 1 - Heidelberg - 8      Muskingum - 4
Game 2 - Heidelberg - 7      Muskingum - 3

First, congrats to Biagio Boytim, on  acheiving the honor of the OAC "HITTER OF THE WEEK".

D. Paddock pitched 6-1/3  allowing 7 Hits, with 7 Ks. A. Lowe finished the game for his 3rd save of the year

Leading the hitters were B.Boytim, 2-4, 1 RBI, J. Wentworth, 2-3, and G. Keene and M. Grassley with 2 RBIs each.
Steve Decker contributed with a towering HR over the LF fence.

In game  two, E. Thomas pitched 5 innings with 5 HITS and 7 Ks.  A.Lowe came in to relieve in 6th and got his first win of the season with a 1 HIT and a 3 K outing.

The Berg came up with 3 runs in the 6th inning  to tie the Muskies with a 2 RBI dbl by B.Boytim and an RBI by M. Grassley.  They went ahead in the 7th with a walk to J. Wentworth, a dbl by J. Lash, and a pinch hit single by D.Andrzejczak.  Two insurance runs were added in the 8th.

Leading the hitters, were B. Boytim, 2-5, 2 RBIs, 1 Run and J. Lash, 3-5 (2 Dbls)
3 RBIs AND 1 Run. Chipping in with 1 Hit each were D. Andrzejczak, J. J. Ciennik, M Grassley and W. Brechun.  J. Wentworth scored 2 Runs.

Heidelberg takes a two-game break from league action beginning with Division II the University of Findlay tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. at Peaceful Valley. The Berg then hosts Ohio Wesleyan University on Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. before entertaining OAC foe Otterbein College on Saturday. Fans are reminded that they can follow all the action for the week online at www.heidelberg.edu/statcrew/mbb/xlive.htm.

mideastfan2

Marietta has some tough non-conference action this week....

Tues - Franklin (Ind).
Wed - at Wooster
Thurs - at Ohio Wesleyan

and back to the OAC with a DH on the road at John Carroll this Saturday.

ScotsFan

Quote from: Gramps on March 30, 2009, 11:47:52 PM
First, congrats to Biagio Boytim, on  acheiving the honor of the OAC "HITTER OF THE WEEK".
I nominate him for name of the week honors as well!   ;D

bballfanatic1984

BW beat Case Western today 9-1. Good win for the Jackets! Luthman pitched a very good game. Nordquist threw 2 guys out one stealing second and the other he picked off at first.

mideastfan2

in non-conference action, Marietta defeated Franklin (Ind). tonight 18-4.  Marietta got a great pitching performance from Baumler, who threw 6 strong innings.

They also had 7 Homeruns on the day....2 each from Cimino and Beaty.  Cimino now has 4 in his last three games.

Tomorrow, the Etta Express heads to Wooster, and then travels to Ohio Wesleyan on Thursday.

Gramps

Quote from: ScotsFan on March 31, 2009, 10:53:01 AM
Quote from: Gramps on March 30, 2009, 11:47:52 PM
I nominate him for name of the week honors as well!   ;D

Thanks ScotsFan,  he's named after his grandfather with that very proud Italian first name and his father's  Czechoslovakian last name.  Sort of rolls off the tongue, doesn't it.

Gramps

I really have no stats, but Heidelberg took 10 innings to defeat Findlay 7-6.  Thats five
Ws in a row, taking their record to 16-5.

Heidelberg next meets Ohio Wesleyan on Wed. at 4:00PM at home. 

OAC baseball fan 3

How does any team play without a pitching coach... Ohio Northern has NO pitching coach... what are reactions to this

bballfanatic1984

Quote from: OAC baseball fan 3 on March 31, 2009, 09:53:48 PM
How does any team play without a pitching coach... Ohio Northern has NO pitching coach... what are reactions to this

I would try and talk to the coach or talk to the AD about that. See if they could bring in a pitching coach. If they don't agree about bringing in a pitching coach... then that might not be a program you would want to be a part of. But to answer your question I think its terrible that ONU has no pitching coach. Pitchers need some sort of direction. THey need a coach that can look at a pitchers mechanics and tell you when you are doing things right and things that you are doing wrong. Thats the only way a pitcher can get better is by having someone critique their mechanics. I have to ask you a question though... What pitcher would want to go to a school that doesn't have a pitching coach?

Dr. Acula

I will never understand this.  When I went to MUC we had a pitching coach.  He helped us with mechanics and the like, but his biggest job was mental stuff.  He was great at reading our players and knowing how to motivate/calm/critique/praise each guy in the most effective manner.  When he left our head coach took over as pitching coach and our staff suffered.  You just can't expect the head coach to be the pitching coach unless he has such strong assistants elsewhere that he can devote almost 100% of his time to the pitchers.  Pitchers are weird and I think it would be very difficult to coach them if you've never pitched.  This is especially true of the mental aspect.  There's a certain mindset when it comes to the battle with the batter and you can't understand it unless you've done it.

I guess that was a longwinded way of saying I think ONU's situation is a shame.   

OAC baseball fan 3

I think its ridiculous too.  My son played baseball against Senior Brian Hill, and my son was coached in pitching by Brian also.  He said that Brian knew all of his stuff and helped with mechanics and the mental approach... possibly this is where the pitching gets its leadership?  If not him, im not sure who then, because they are a young staff.  My son also said that Brian is going to coach him again when he returns to Dayton this summer.  It is just a crying shame that there is no COACH guidance to help this situation.  If you hadn't noticed, i am a fan of ONU just because of what Mr. Hill has done for my son and his high school team.  Im not trying to be bias on any of these posts, i just wanted to get some reaction to this tragedy.