BB: OAC: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, January 09, 2006, 11:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

Game 2 Final:  Ott 18, Marietta 10.  Alex Hayes picks up the W giving up 1 run over the final 4 innings.

mideast, is there a reason Gasser started instead of Knowlton?  Just curious.

d3baseballnut

Not good for Marietta's Pool C chances.....good for Otterbein's

mideastfan2

Quote from: Dr. Acula on May 08, 2009, 03:44:48 PM
Game 2 Final:  Ott 18, Marietta 10.  Alex Hayes picks up the W giving up 1 run over the final 4 innings.

wish I knew the answer, but I don't.  I'm sure there was some reason though.

d3baseballnut - they will most likely play each other again this weekend....I wouldn't venture a guess as to what the Pool C situation is, until the tournament is over.  Heck, if the mideast is an 8-team regional, they both could get in.

Dr. Acula

Fireworks early in game 3...Berg plates 5 in the 1st forcing Coach Powell to go to the pen just 2 outs into the game.  But Ott comes right back and has already scored 5 times in the 1st as well. 

Dr. Acula

Quote from: mideastfan2 on May 08, 2009, 04:10:44 PM
Quote from: Dr. Acula on May 08, 2009, 03:44:48 PM

wish I knew the answer, but I don't.  I'm sure there was some reason though.

I'm sure there's a reason too.  I was just a little thrown that they would go with a freshman in their opener.  Maybe Brewer felt Gasser was throwing the best on his staff right now. 

Dr. Acula

In the interest of Pool C watching...

Top seeds in 2 other conferences lost today.  Thiel beat W&J and RHIT beat Franklin.  Both top seeds are still alive, but thought I would update everyone since I would think everyone in here is pulling for the top seeds to help our chances to get multiple teams in.   

Dr. Acula

mideastfan2

Otterbein had big innings in the 7th and 8th to tie it up at 12.....Heidelberg came back with a run in the 9th, and is trying to hold on for the win.

Bottom of 9th
HEID - 13
OTT - 12

Gramps

Berg scrambles to win with a run in the 9th and good D in the bottom of the 9th.

d3baseballnut

Quote from: Gramps on May 08, 2009, 07:10:15 PM
Berg scrambles to win with a run in the 9th and good D in the bottom of the 9th.

otterbein is in.....Pool C bid.....

Dr. Acula

Marietta and JCU are tied 6-6 going to the 8th.

mideastfan2

MAR and JCU are in a nail biter....loser goes home.

Top of 8th
MAR - 6
JCU - 6

either there's a delay, or the stats stopped updating.  It's been in between innings for quite a while now.  And the Marietta radio broadcast has been off all game; or at least I can't get it to come in.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: d3baseballnut on May 08, 2009, 11:24:53 PM

They are?  I thought Berg won...

mideastfan2

Quote from: Dr. Acula on May 09, 2009, 12:02:08 PM
Quote from: d3baseballnut on May 08, 2009, 11:24:53 PM

They are?  I thought Berg won...

he's just guessing that OTT will get a pool C bid..nothing set in stone yet.

Dr. Acula

I thought the implication there was that Ott was now probably getting a Pool C bid because they almost beat Berg.  I'm just not a believer in "good losses".