LL in game updates

Started by labart96, September 12, 2009, 11:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BomberJeff

Cortland opens the 2nd half with back to back touchdown drives, both of them ending with Ferreira runs from 13 and 9.  Nabi got intercepted in the drive inbetween.

5:52 in the 3rd- Cortland 20 Ithaca 34

Meanwhile, RPI just missed a 24 yard field goal to the right.  Union holds on to their 14-13 lead.

EDIT- Ithaca responds with a touchdown of their, the 6th TD pass from Nabi today.  This time, he finds Bauer from 10 yards out.  2:34 left in the 3rd: Cortland 20 Ithaca 41.

BomberJeff

RPI has defeated Union 20 to 14 and will go to the D3 playoffs.

Congrats to the Engineers on a great season, and best of luck to you all in what is ahead.

Bartman

Congrats to the Engineers on winning the Shoes today. Good luck in the NCAA tournament.......Hobart's highpoint of the season was beating you 30-0 ;D

Ithaca looks secure in beating Cortland for the Jug....this is a great game by the Bombers and I think your entrance into the Liberty League has tipped the scales in favor of the LL over the E8 as far as depth of quality teams , and when Buffalo State joins I think the LL will no longer be the second best league in NYS. It will be interesting to see if we have Cortaca II, frankly, I would rather see Ithaca and Union play in the ECAC's and see what they can do against NJAC , MAC or MASCAC teams....that would leave Hobart to play in the NYS Bowl ;D...wishful thinking

Hobart wrapping up season against Rochester....looks like Hobart could run all day if they wanted to, but Yellowjackets have some fight in them and have scored a couple TD's

Saints played tough against a Germinerio-less Brockport, but still down 21-7 at half
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

D3viewer

[blows dust off thread]
Utica SLU in a defensive struggle. No surprise since they both had solid D's last season and poor offenses. Looks the same so far this young year. You think SLU would have a better offense since Puckhaber I guess is the offensive coord . Blaise is a defensive guy so makes sense the D is the stronger unit on Utica. SLU's leading rusher from last year was an underclassman not on the roster this year.

dlippiel

****ing SLU has 1st and goal on the one and throws the ball three out of four times and turns the ball over on downs. Coaches should have their heads examined. RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!

D3viewer

Saw that Dlip and was shaking my head too. Sometimes these spread offenses get a little ridiculous.

D3viewer

Oy. Utica scores a TD (finally) with 30 seconds left and dude misses the XP. 6-6, headed for OT

dlippiel

Utica drives the field and ties the game...but misses the ****ing extra point to win. To be honest dlip is so disgusted by that blatant waste of a great opportunity by SLU's disgraceful play calling he doesn't think they deserve to win...however he hopes they do. In****ingexcusable coaching from the Saints.

dlippiel

Utica takes it's...23/24th penalty and gives the Saints first and goal in OT...my lord what a sloppy game on both sides. Shocking...SLU than throws the ball again inside the 10 and throws a pick...wtf is going on up there?

stlawus

SLU picking up where they left off from last year with another choke job.  What an atrocious end to the game on both sides of the ball.  Gave up 2 4th down conversions in the last minute and throwing picks on the goal line.  Absolutely horrendous.  If this were the pros Puckhaber would be out of a job with that playcalling.  I was almost cheering for a Utica win by the end, that's how unbelievably bad the play calling was.

dlippiel

Utica kicks a field goal and wins 9-6. dlip's going to bed. He is as annoyed as if this was Union losing. SLU coaching staff lost this game for their players IDHO. 

D3viewer

Yuck, Utica finally wins this debacle. FG kicker redeems himself with winning FG, as neither offense was really competent to do anything. Utica will take an ugly win on the road, but SLU should be disgusted with losing this game at home.

stlawus

One of the worst coaching performances I have ever seen in any sport in any level.  Puck has a lot to answer for that game, holy *&^$.   3 colossal choke jobs last year and a performance that tops them all with this one tonight.  Good lord.  Can we use some of the money being spent on Appleton renovations to bring back Raymond?

Bartman

Have to agree, very disappointing game for the Saints. Coaching decisions were a problem. With that said, the Defense looks strong and may be a concern for the LL opponents this year. LL goes 0-1 against the E8, ouch .
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Caz Bombers

did St. Lawrence hire Ben McAdoo over the winter or something? Good grief.