UAA 2015

Started by Mr.Right, October 03, 2015, 01:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blooter442

Chicago vs. Rochester finishes 1-1. Probably a fair result, as both teams hit the woodwork and the shot count was relatively even at 16-13, even if UR started much stronger. Good result for Chicago on the road, not as great for Rochester who picked up a good point on the road last week at WashU but despite having just two losses they need to start winning games at home.

TennesseeJed

Quote from: blooter442 on October 10, 2015, 08:50:32 PM
...If anyone on the Rochester athletics staff is reading this, you're absolutely joking if you think I'm going to pay $$ to watch a broadcast that most other athletic departments do for free. Nice try.

+1 Blooter and Ditto that to other colleges and universities who are charging for video. Gimme a break. This isn't pro sports.  Support your teams and make it easy for your schools' fans to watch your students play! 

Jim Matson

Quote from: TennesseeJed on October 11, 2015, 12:41:04 AM
Quote from: blooter442 on October 10, 2015, 08:50:32 PM
...If anyone on the Rochester athletics staff is reading this, you're absolutely joking if you think I'm going to pay $$ to watch a broadcast that most other athletic departments do for free. Nice try.

+1 Blooter and Ditto that to other colleges and universities who are charging for video. Gimme a break. This isn't pro sports.  Support your teams and make it easy for your schools' fans to watch your students play!

Would someone pay to the the Premier League guys call a match for us? I know I would. But this idea of charging for these DIII video streams is ridiculous. Believe me, I've watched hundreds of matches over the past 10 years and have never paid for a single one. And I don't think any of us should be asked to pay for this service when there are multiple free streaming services available. There are plenty of good ways to earn that marginal dollar for the program - but this ain't one of them.

Best video-casts I've seen, based on my limited memory and without any real analysis (!!)...William-Smith's women's matches from the past four years, Washington U.'s women's broadcasters from the past three years, and Messiah's men's from the past five years. I also am always amazed at the NCAA's broadcast of the FF; one guy who always sounds calm and yet keeps up with the pace.
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

PaulNewman

Almost worse than the pay or you don't get watch at all schools is the growing trend for MANY schools to offer the 90 seconds preview in HD and then you have to pay to get HD or you can get the poor SD quality video for free.  Some schools are doing something quite savvy by forcing you to watch a brief marketing video about the school before the feed will start and/or a more extended advertisement for the school during halftime.

blooter442

Quote from: NCAC New England on October 11, 2015, 10:24:37 AM
Some schools are doing something quite savvy by forcing you to watch a brief marketing video about the school before the feed will start and/or a more extended advertisement for the school during halftime.

I don't mind that as much. Hey, if you're going to be there, what's an extra 30 seconds (before start) or few minutes (during half)? My big beef is having to pay for something that A. most schools do for free and B. is unreliable. Some might argue that paid video services are inherently more reliable, but just because you pay for it doesn't mean it's going to work - I've found paid video streams that just plain don't work.

Mr.Right

I agree....When I saw what Vassar was doing I was taken back a little. Giving you a picture perfect HD game and then switching back to a horrible SD version 2 minutes later. It forced me to stop watching because I could not even make out numbers let alone faces.

PaulNewman

Quote from: blooter442 on October 11, 2015, 10:53:04 AM
Quote from: NCAC New England on October 11, 2015, 10:24:37 AM
Some schools are doing something quite savvy by forcing you to watch a brief marketing video about the school before the feed will start and/or a more extended advertisement for the school during halftime.

I don't mind that as much. Hey, if you're going to be there, what's an extra 30 seconds (before start) or few minutes (during half)? My big beef is having to pay for something that A. most schools do for free and B. is unreliable. Some might argue that paid video services are inherently more reliable, but just because you pay for it doesn't mean it's going to work - I've found paid video streams that just plain don't work.

Yeah I don't mind the school plugs.  Usually like them actually.  It's the bait and switch on the HD vs SD I don't like.

Mr.Right

Now I am looking forward to a much faster turf game between Case and Brandeis.

Mr.Right

Good game going on but I had to mute it as the announcer is either really nervous / new or he is 2 cards short of a full deck. Another possibility was that he sounds like my alcoholic Uncle at Christmas time

blooter442

Quote from: Mr.Right on October 11, 2015, 01:53:47 PM
Good game going on but I had to mute it as the announcer is either really nervous / new or he is 2 cards short of a full deck. Another possibility was that he sounds like my alcoholic Uncle at Christmas time

This guy is a pro compared to the Hamilton guy last weekend. 'Deis takes a 1-0 lead, probably just deserved on the balance of play, but Case could have had a PK right after.

Mr.Right

I missed the goal...How Brandeis score?

Mr.Right

Drama to start the 2nd Half in Cleveland

nw_ds

Didn't have a great view of it but it was a corner from the near side that was flicked on to the far touch line and then crossed back in across the six by a Brandeis player. Looked like the goalie came out and got a hand the cross but deflected it backwards a bit and it fell in by the far post. Not the prettiest goal ever but I'd say Brandeis has had a bit better of the play in the first half and a 1-0 score is probably deserved.

Mr.Right

I gotta say this ref is really got to get this under control or there will be a fight

Mr.Right

Great guess by Woodhouse but that was unstoppable...I haven't seen a ref lose control like this since my days in middle school