BB: ODAC: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by Matt Barnhart (kid), December 30, 2005, 12:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPoppa

Quote from: Llamaguy on February 24, 2006, 08:03:38 PM
Quote from: narch on February 24, 2006, 03:07:44 PM
Quote from: Llamaguy on February 24, 2006, 12:55:58 AM
The Eagles are 3 and OoooooH against the mighty USAC

make that "3 and OoooooH" against teams that finished in the bottom 1/2 of the usasac last year and were picked to finish #6 and #7 in the preseason poll of a 7 team league :)

Interesting! Why did that same logic not hold true for the ODAC in football?  ;)
;D ;D ;D ;D

BURN!!!!!!!!
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

narch

Quote from: Llamaguy on February 24, 2006, 08:03:38 PMInteresting! Why did that same logic not hold true for the ODAC in football?  ;)
;D ;D ;D ;D

because the preseason polls were obviously wrong for odac football, weren't they?...at the end of the season, we'll see where averett is in usasac baseball, and we'll see if you still feel good about those wins...i have a feeling the preseason polls will be correct on au...who knows with gc - i think they'll finish ahead of su in 5th place

oh yeah...didn't e&h finish MUCH WORSE than they were predicted to finish in football?  how about rmc...weren't they a last place team, too? - it seems that the usasac had an equal number of wins against ehc/rmc (teams that underperformed per the preseason poll) and gcq (a team that overperformed vs. the preseason poll), so it evened out, right?

BURN!!!!! :)

Llamaguy

Quote from: narch on February 25, 2006, 09:24:14 AM
Quote from: Llamaguy on February 24, 2006, 08:03:38 PMInteresting! Why did that same logic not hold true for the ODAC in football?  ;)
;D ;D ;D ;D

because the preseason polls were obviously wrong for odac football, weren't they?...at the end of the season, we'll see where averett is in usasac baseball, and we'll see if you still feel good about those wins...i have a feeling the preseason polls will be correct on au...who knows with gc - i think they'll finish ahead of su in 5th place

oh yeah...didn't e&h finish MUCH WORSE than they were predicted to finish in football?  how about rmc...weren't they a last place team, too? - it seems that the usasac had an equal number of wins against ehc/rmc (teams that underperformed per the preseason poll) and gcq (a team that overperformed vs. the preseason poll), so it evened out, right?

BURN!!!!! :)

touche!  Its getting hot in here.  :o   ;D ;D ;D

I just hope I can say BC is still undefeated against the USAC after we play Methodist. :-\
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

Coop4POY

I'm not sure how the heck Methodist vs. Bridgewater baseball got pegged as USA South #1 vs. ODAC #1. After what I saw today, don't expect too much from the Monarchs. Ferrum is in a different class! So if the Eagles blow them out, don't start spouting off about which conference is better. That will be determined on March 14 and April 6 - check your schedule. And if you don't blow them out, your not ready for this debate. And how has Bridgewater's record been against Ferrum anyway?
And Narch, I'm a USA South guy, but the only football team that has a shot against Bridgewater is Averett. The bore ya to death triple option from Ferrum will get shut down and undersized but overhearted quarterbacks (Rock) are a nice story but come on.
Baseball - USA South (Ferrum is head and shoulders better than the other conference)
Football - ODAC (Bridgewater is head and shoulders better than the other conference, except maybe Averett)
Narch and Llama - 2 more unrealistic fans!
*sidenote on the MC vs BC baseball game - no matter where it is played, I hope it starts at 10 am so you're sure to finish before darkness sets in.

Coop4POY

How does Kendall let Alex Stover get out of town? If you don't know who he is, you will soon enough!

narch

coop - i may be unrealistic - how could i realistically expect mc to be any good...tom austin is only one of the winningest d3 coaches of all time (800+ victories and a winning % over .700) and the monarchs were the regular season usasac champs last year, but how could i possibly think they'd be any good this year?

Quote from: Coop4POY on February 25, 2006, 10:54:00 PM
How does Kendall let Alex Stover get out of town? If you don't know who he is, you will soon enough!

there could be many reasons...maybe he wanted to play in a real baseball conference...you know, one that has more than one regional title :)

Coop4POY

Narch, I'm with ya about Stover - maybe Mike Clark should have recruited him. And I'm not saying that MC isn't any good - but you are being wildly unrealistic using them as the measuring stick for the USA South. Back up and let the Panthers do the heavy lifting! Although, it might not be a bad idea to let Brandt throw against Bridgewater and take him out of the weekend rotation. Save his mighty arm for the CPL this summer!

cnufan

Other than Averett's win over CNU this year, as the Captains were down, I could have sworn CNU might be able to compete with B'water in football. Just a hunch tho, I could be wrong.

Coop4POY

Goose I think you are right about CNU matching up with Bridgewater. But I'm not sure what you meant about them being down when they lost to Averett. The next week they went to undefeated Ferrum and blew them out - if Averett doesn't beat them (and beat them pretty good) they win the conference and go to the playoffs.

cnufan

True, but CNU was down somewhat this year. If they werent, why didnt they keep their perfect streak against Methodist alive?? Had they won that game, things would have been different. Quarterbacking this past year was very different from last year, even tho both returned. The guy who led CNU to a road playoff win in 04 didnt get nearly the PT he got last year.

Llamaguy

Quote from: Coop4POY on February 26, 2006, 11:47:48 PM
Goose I think you are right about CNU matching up with Bridgewater. But I'm not sure what you meant about them being down when they lost to Averett. The next week they went to undefeated Ferrum and blew them out - if Averett doesn't beat them (and beat them pretty good) they win the conference and go to the playoffs.

Its that daunting schedule at CNU. You have got to learn to play the scheduling game. If you play with dynamite 6 weeks per season you are bound to get burned. Getting into the DIII playoffs is half the battle and a 2 loss season just doesn't cut it to often any more. I do admire CNU's play anyone, anywhere approach! I just don't see it as being the smartest plan if getting to the playoffs each year is the team goal. (Just my 1/2 cent worth)
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

cnufan

Well I think the coaches feelings on that is that its supposed to prepare you for conference season and well, that really didnt work out too well, as well as if they make it to the playoffs, they will have been somewhat prepared by playing playoff caliber teams. This fall, Salisbury is back on the schedule, so is Rowan, and we've added Mary-Hardin Baylor. I know they were hard after Mount Union, but Averett beat CNU out for the rights to have the Purple Raiders on their respective schedule.

BigPoppa

When did this become a football board?
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Coop4POY

Your right - I'm going back to the USA South board to discuss baseball. Sorry to chase a rabbit trail.

narch

update - after 2 au wins vs. ehc and a su win over emu, along with a vwc win over cnu, the usasac/odac baseball series is now 8-7 in favor of the usasac...