Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regulator

Quote from: Jonny Utah on June 05, 2009, 03:19:20 PM
Quote from: Regulator on June 05, 2009, 03:12:50 PM
Quote from: uPBRmeASAP on June 05, 2009, 02:22:53 PM
Quote from: Jonny Utah on June 05, 2009, 02:05:59 PM
So Reg.....

How is the mulch situation out there in the midwest? Still bagging it?  I bring this up because after buying 5 bags to see how much I was going to need around my house, I ended up buying 2 yards (not bagged) and still could have used an extra bag or two.

dood...pbr will say it for reg ...what is this amateur hour? come on come to the LLPP for the 411... you will need a minimum 4 yards of triple ground...which color depends on your house colors...plus to get it delivered most companies will require to buy at least 4 yards. that way you can put it on heavy and possibly even skip next year. do a solid weeding and put the weed/feed down before the mulch...at least this is what the landscaping crew does at pbrs crib as pbr lifts cold ones watching them...  ;D

Nah dude, Reg bought 5 yards last year.....and that covered our new landscaping in the front and back and the front beds.  Didn't do the side.
I am really disappointed with the color holding on the mulch I put down in the last fall....the color has really faded.  I will do new mulch next spring.  I used the good weed fabric, so the only weeds are right on the mulch itself and only take a sec to pull.

5 bags barely does around one tree.....

What color mulch Reg, red?  Im under the impression that the treated mulch that you can buy by the yard isn't too much different than the bags.

#1 Chocolate brown.  Red turns burnt orange unless you buy the stuff in the bags with the color warranty.
#2 you are sadly mistaken if you think the bulk mulch holds its color better than the bagged.  Unless I went to the wrong place for mulch, this color is nothing like I have used out of bags.  Scotts has a one year color warranty.

I wish I could drop some tire mulch down and never have to worry about it again, however, at 500% premium....it's not worth it.

wildcat11

I don't mess around with anything except for hemlock mulch.  The hemlock has a deeper color than a cedar and I think just looks and holds it color better.  It runs me about $35 a yard but it's worth couple of extra bucks.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Regulator on June 05, 2009, 03:26:02 PM
Quote from: Jonny Utah on June 05, 2009, 03:19:20 PM
Quote from: Regulator on June 05, 2009, 03:12:50 PM
So Reg.....

How is the mulch situation out there in the midwest? Still bagging it?  I bring this up because after buying 5 bags to see how much I was going to need around my house, I ended up buying 2 yards (not bagged) and still could have used an extra bag or two.

dood...pbr will say it for reg ...what is this amateur hour? come on come to the LLPP for the 411... you will need a minimum 4 yards of triple ground...which color depends on your house colors...plus to get it delivered most companies will require to buy at least 4 yards. that way you can put it on heavy and possibly even skip next year. do a solid weeding and put the weed/feed down before the mulch...at least this is what the landscaping crew does at pbrs crib as pbr lifts cold ones watching them...  ;D

Nah dude, Reg bought 5 yards last year.....and that covered our new landscaping in the front and back and the front beds.  Didn't do the side.
I am really disappointed with the color holding on the mulch I put down in the last fall....the color has really faded.  I will do new mulch next spring.  I used the good weed fabric, so the only weeds are right on the mulch itself and only take a sec to pull.

5 bags barely does around one tree.....

What color mulch Reg, red?  Im under the impression that the treated mulch that you can buy by the yard isn't too much different than the bags.

#1 Chocolate brown.  Red turns burnt orange unless you buy the stuff in the bags with the color warranty.
#2 you are sadly mistaken if you think the bulk mulch holds its color better than the bagged.  Unless I went to the wrong place for mulch, this color is nothing like I have used out of bags.  Scotts has a one year color warranty.

I wish I could drop some tire mulch down and never have to worry about it again, however, at 500% premium....it's not worth it.

Yea but bagged mulch isn't going to last through a Northeast winter is it?  I used the scotts at my mothers house last year and it sure as hell didnt keep the color when I saw it at the end of this winter.  Do they have the color warranty for red mulch too?

Regulator

Scotts® Nature Scapes Color Enhanced Mulch, Sierra Red »

Maintains its color for an entire year, guaranteed! It won't turn an ugly gray color and prevents weeds.»

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Regulator on June 05, 2009, 03:35:19 PM
Scotts® Nature Scapes Color Enhanced Mulch, Sierra Red »

Maintains its color for an entire year, guaranteed! It won't turn an ugly gray color and prevents weeds.»

Yea thats what I used to see how much I would need.  Next March Ill have to see how the treated mulch that I bought by the yard compares to the patch where I used the bags.

And I guess I forgot I only mulched the front of my (tiny) house and the side of my driveway.  And its a good thick layer at that.

Tags

Tags is with PBR, putting your own mulch down is entirely too much work. Better to drink booze & watch.

So may be late to the party, but evidently it wasn't Rose, but Dozier???

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4233718

PBR...

Quote from: Jonny Utah on June 05, 2009, 02:31:23 PM
So Reg.....

at least this is what the landscaping crew does at pbrs crib as pbr lifts cold ones watching them...  ;D

HA!  But PBR, I think Reg gave me some ish last year for not using bags!  4 yards!?  Did you buy TO's old house?  Or are you renting it?  I see TO is having some problems up in Buffalo renting a house.

And JU has a truck so he went to get it at the place.  Needless to say the Tundra was overflowed and almost spilled over on the way back to the crib!  I was that a-hole on the highway that day.

After mulching, JU goes out to buy some used tires for his backyard demolition derby....

nah 7-8 yards is the norm in all seriousness...pbr uses the black mulch. it holds its color much better than the red/orange mulch....got put the preen stuff down and that will help keep the weeds out or use what reg uses...

pbr went in a friends truck to help him load up on some mulch...we went to another  friend who wholesale/retails it... he also has a huge excavation business the dood has a bucket on 1 of his loaders the size of a 18 wheeler they use it in quarries. he took a load a mulch and went to dump it in my friends pickup bed needless to say the entire truck almost disappeared under mulch. thought we might have to kick it in 4wd to get out...he was laughin his azz off in the loader as we sat their up past the windshield in mulch

Jonny Utah

Quote from: uPBRmeASAP on June 05, 2009, 03:47:08 PM
So Reg.....

at least this is what the landscaping crew does at pbrs crib as pbr lifts cold ones watching them...  ;D

HA!  But PBR, I think Reg gave me some ish last year for not using bags!  4 yards!?  Did you buy TO's old house?  Or are you renting it?  I see TO is having some problems up in Buffalo renting a house.

And JU has a truck so he went to get it at the place.  Needless to say the Tundra was overflowed and almost spilled over on the way back to the crib!  I was that a-hole on the highway that day.

After mulching, JU goes out to buy some used tires for his backyard demolition derby....

nah 7-8 yards is the norm in all seriousness...pbr uses the black mulch. it holds its color much better than the red/orange mulch....got put the preen stuff down and that will help keep the weeds out or use what reg uses...

pbr went in a friends truck to help him load up on some mulch...we went to another  friend who wholesale/retails it... he also has a huge excavation business the dood has a bucket on 1 of his loaders the size of a 18 wheeler they use it in quarries. he took a load a mulch and went to dump it in my friends pickup bed needless to say the entire truck almost disappeared under mulch. thought we might have to kick it in 4wd to get out...he was laughin his azz off in the loader as we sat their up past the windshield in mulch

7-8 yards is a lot of mulch for my house.  Whats the standard price for a yard down there?  Its about $45-65 per yard here (not delivered).  And actually now that I think of it, the guy at the landscaping place was very generous with the two scoops he put in my truck.  Probably closer to 3 yards.

But anything more than 3 yards would force me to hire someone to do it.  I already learned my lesson last year trying to get the leaves out of my yard.  Ive aready made the appointment for cleanup in the fall!

Although I did buy a brand new (or pretty much brand new) blower for half price during the winter.

PBR...

Quote from: Jonny Utah on June 05, 2009, 04:12:42 PM
So Reg.....

7-8 yards is a lot of mulch for my house.  Whats the standard price for a yard down there?  Its about $45-65 per yard here (not delivered).  And actually now that I think of it, the guy at the landscaping place was very generous with the two scoops he put in my truck.  Probably closer to 3 yards.

But anything more than 3 yards would force me to hire someone to do it.  I already learned my lesson last year trying to get the leaves out of my yard.  Ive aready made the appointment for cleanup in the fall!

Although I did buy a brand new (or pretty much brand new) blower for half price during the winter.

come on JU...a pitch fork and wheel barrow you can knock out 7 yds of mulch easy in 1 day. granted you dont need that much probably so 3 yards if you started at 8 am no reason you shouldnt be done by lunch time. pbr has done it....

Jonny Utah

Quote from: uPBRmeASAP on June 05, 2009, 04:24:50 PM
Quote from: Jonny Utah on June 05, 2009, 04:12:42 PM
So Reg.....

come on JU...a pitch fork and wheel barrow you can knock out 7 yds of mulch easy in 1 day. granted you dont need that much probably so 3 yards if you started at 8 am no reason you shouldnt be done by lunch time. pbr has done it....

Yea it took me about 3 hours without a wheelbarrow (dam new ones are expensive!) or a pitchfork.  And I also spread it late when many of my big flowers and plants were in full bloom and in the way.  Plus some crazy ground cover (that I actually kind of like now) that popped out of nowhere.  I just bought the house last year so I forget what was in some of these dam flower beds.  Needless to say one of them is out of control!  Ill have to take care of that one next year.

JU is off the red sox game and chances are it will be the 9th game out of 10 that Ive seen in the past few years that will have gotten rained out.  But on the positive side, that means a rain check and beers on both days!

union89

Mulch??????  Mulch??????

I usually just hire an RPI alumn to shovel in the winter and sweep in the spring.......'aint no grass in Charlestown.

JT

Quote from: uPBRmeASAP on June 05, 2009, 07:44:49 AM
Quote from: Jonny Utah on June 05, 2009, 05:55:41 AM
PBR check this out!

PHILADELPHIA - A mob of angry neighbors who beat a child-rape suspect won't be charged, police said. In fact, two of them may get a reward.

Commissioner Charles Ramsey said he made the decision based on the fact that the man's head and face injuries were not life-threatening, his determination that the neighbors' intent was to bring the man to police and the high level of emotion in the community after the girl's brutal attack.

About a dozen residents pummeled Jose Carrasquillo, 26, for several minutes Tuesday. Cops arrived and arrested him on an outstanding warrant; Carrasquillo was released from the hospital yesterday into police custody, but he has not been charged in the rape.

Ramsey, who reviewed surveillance video, suggested the incident amounted to a citizen's arrest.

"These people saw him, he attempted to run, and they caught up with him," Ramsey said, adding the beating stopped when cops arrived minutes later. "If the injuries had been severe, maybe we'd have to rethink it."

American Civil Liberties Union lawyer Mary Catherine Roper said, "It's shocking that the police are not going to do anything in response to what is essentially mob violence against this guy. This went beyond apprehending the guy."

Philadelphia's Fraternal Order of Police chapter offered an $11,500 reward, and president John McNesby said two people who helped nab Carrasquillo will split the money. McNesby said he doesn't condone violence but that they should be commended.

© Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Looks like there is more to this story than was originally published.  Although I don't understand the thought behind a "citizens arrest" if the police didn't issue a warrant for his arrest in the first place for the rape.

yeah its amazing to pbr that this dood would even come out onto the streets after the police were in the neighborhood for hours passing out flyers w/ his picture on it. he had a set of brass ones to come out and show himself and walk down the street like a bad azz...well the nice thing is neighborhoods lookout for each other and when they saw him walking down the street to go hang on the set of steps he sat on everyday they delivered a beat down....let alone how prisons do not like child molesters and the next beat down he gets in prison will probably be the last...what he did to this 11 yr. old in a back yard for hours turns pbr's stomach....she has had a couple of surgerys to correct all the damage he did to her let alone psychologically....all for just walking to school after dropping off her 8 yr. old sister.  This dood has 12 prior arrests including assault, sexual assault and had rape charges dropped several months ago. This city just wants to pummel this guy.

Typical response from the commie American Criminal Liberties Union noted.

JT

Attention LLPP. Kendra has her own show on E!.  Tonight is the first show at 10 PM.  We must do everything we can to keep this on the air.  It is that good at 13 minutes in.  It is must watch for the LLPP.

pg04

Quote from: JT on June 07, 2009, 01:35:38 AM
Quote from: uPBRmeASAP on June 05, 2009, 07:44:49 AM
Quote from: Jonny Utah on June 05, 2009, 05:55:41 AM
PBR check this out!

PHILADELPHIA - A mob of angry neighbors who beat a child-rape suspect won't be charged, police said. In fact, two of them may get a reward.

Commissioner Charles Ramsey said he made the decision based on the fact that the man's head and face injuries were not life-threatening, his determination that the neighbors' intent was to bring the man to police and the high level of emotion in the community after the girl's brutal attack.

About a dozen residents pummeled Jose Carrasquillo, 26, for several minutes Tuesday. Cops arrived and arrested him on an outstanding warrant; Carrasquillo was released from the hospital yesterday into police custody, but he has not been charged in the rape.

Ramsey, who reviewed surveillance video, suggested the incident amounted to a citizen's arrest.

"These people saw him, he attempted to run, and they caught up with him," Ramsey said, adding the beating stopped when cops arrived minutes later. "If the injuries had been severe, maybe we'd have to rethink it."

American Civil Liberties Union lawyer Mary Catherine Roper said, "It's shocking that the police are not going to do anything in response to what is essentially mob violence against this guy. This went beyond apprehending the guy."

Philadelphia's Fraternal Order of Police chapter offered an $11,500 reward, and president John McNesby said two people who helped nab Carrasquillo will split the money. McNesby said he doesn't condone violence but that they should be commended.

© Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Looks like there is more to this story than was originally published.  Although I don't understand the thought behind a "citizens arrest" if the police didn't issue a warrant for his arrest in the first place for the rape.

yeah its amazing to pbr that this dood would even come out onto the streets after the police were in the neighborhood for hours passing out flyers w/ his picture on it. he had a set of brass ones to come out and show himself and walk down the street like a bad azz...well the nice thing is neighborhoods lookout for each other and when they saw him walking down the street to go hang on the set of steps he sat on everyday they delivered a beat down....let alone how prisons do not like child molesters and the next beat down he gets in prison will probably be the last...what he did to this 11 yr. old in a back yard for hours turns pbr's stomach....she has had a couple of surgerys to correct all the damage he did to her let alone psychologically....all for just walking to school after dropping off her 8 yr. old sister.  This dood has 12 prior arrests including assault, sexual assault and had rape charges dropped several months ago. This city just wants to pummel this guy.

Typical response from the commie American Criminal Liberties Union noted.

Agreed ... what is someone supposed to do in this situation?  Scream "Oh, Please, Stop!  Be nice!"  Don't get me started on the ACLU!

mattvsmith

Quote from: JT on June 07, 2009, 10:13:47 PM
Attention LLPP. Kendra has her own show on E!.  Tonight is the first show at 10 PM.  We must do everything we can to keep this on the air.  It is that good at 13 minutes in.  It is must watch for the LLPP.

The Rev used to watch Girls Next Door, but then got to the point where he could only watch it on "mute".

Does Kendra talk or laugh on her new show?  If so, The Rev is even gladder to be in another country.