FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Utah

Quote from: SJFF82 on June 03, 2009, 10:06:49 PM
Quote from: uPBRmeASAP on June 03, 2009, 02:56:27 PM
crazy saw this on the news last night....the neighborhood took care of bizness. judge and jury on this dood...looked like something out of the movie airplane where people were lining up to beat on that person freaking out...the neighborhood people were cheering on all the people beating the snot out of this guy (yes he deserved it in pbr's opinion) total mob mentality the guy was lucky a police car happened to be driving by and had to peel people off this guy. sick what this guy did to the 11 yr. old girl he will get his final punishment in prison where they dont take kindly to raping 11 yr. old kids....they had people saying on news cameras how they beat this dood in the head w/ 2x4's it was crazy

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A Philadelphia man whom police want to
question about the rape of an 11-year-old girl is in stable
condition after being severely beaten by angry neighbors.
     Police say about a dozen people pummeled 26-year-old Jose
Carrasquillo (kayr-uhs-KEE'-oh) for several minutes with their
fists, feet and wooden sticks.
     He suffered head injuries and was taken to a hospital.
Police said Wednesday that he has been upgraded from critical to
stable condition.
     No one has been charged in the rape, which happened as the
girl walked to school Monday. Police have called him a "person
of interest" in the case.
     The assault happened Tuesday after neighbors recognized
Carrasquillo from a photo distributed by police. Officers
arrived and arrested him on an unrelated warrant.

i FEEL that he is innocent until proven guilty and i FEEL that he has the right to an attorney and a legal defense and that those BAD people should never have beaten him.  They should have called the police and let the law take its course.  There is no place for vigilante justice in this liberal world we live in.  The end never justifies the means. 

PBR...beware....stating things like "he deserved it" is advocating for breaking the law and as I found out yesterday, PC will not be very happy with you and may lock this board for such radical OPINIONS.

I kind of agree with 82 on this one (in terms of the guys innocence). 

But I do like knowing that the guy got a little FFAWS (fists, feet and Wooden Sticks) in the end!

dlippiel

Quote from: SJFF82 on June 03, 2009, 10:06:49 PM
Quote from: uPBRmeASAP on June 03, 2009, 02:56:27 PM
crazy saw this on the news last night....the neighborhood took care of bizness. judge and jury on this dood...looked like something out of the movie airplane where people were lining up to beat on that person freaking out...the neighborhood people were cheering on all the people beating the snot out of this guy (yes he deserved it in pbr's opinion) total mob mentality the guy was lucky a police car happened to be driving by and had to peel people off this guy. sick what this guy did to the 11 yr. old girl he will get his final punishment in prison where they dont take kindly to raping 11 yr. old kids....they had people saying on news cameras how they beat this dood in the head w/ 2x4's it was crazy

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A Philadelphia man whom police want to
question about the rape of an 11-year-old girl is in stable
condition after being severely beaten by angry neighbors.
     Police say about a dozen people pummeled 26-year-old Jose
Carrasquillo (kayr-uhs-KEE'-oh) for several minutes with their
fists, feet and wooden sticks.
     He suffered head injuries and was taken to a hospital.
Police said Wednesday that he has been upgraded from critical to
stable condition.
     No one has been charged in the rape, which happened as the
girl walked to school Monday. Police have called him a "person
of interest" in the case.
     The assault happened Tuesday after neighbors recognized
Carrasquillo from a photo distributed by police. Officers
arrived and arrested him on an unrelated warrant.

i FEEL that he is innocent until proven guilty and i FEEL that he has the right to an attorney and a legal defense and that those BAD people should never have beaten him.  They should have called the police and let the law take its course.  There is no place for vigilante justice in this liberal world we live in.  The end never justifies the means. 

PBR...beware....stating things like "he deserved it" is advocating for breaking the law and as I found out yesterday, PC will not be very happy with you and may lock this board for such radical OPINIONS.

82 I agree with you on this, very well said. You can't have vigilante justice or everyone goes ****ing CUKOO! On the other hand I think its time to let the other stuff with the guru go. Just move on dude and keep postin :)

PBR...

simple enough '82 it is pat's board....you dont like the rules then post elsewhere you dont have to post here. like pg04 said its time to stop whining and move along....

now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

american pie...the first one pbr watched it for the 100th time last night and still laughs his azz off when jim dances for nadia and everyone watching the live stream over the net....totally classic when things sound off a little early for him twice...just BOL funny everytime seen

Jonny Utah

Quote from: uPBRmeASAP on June 04, 2009, 08:23:41 AM
simple enough '82 it is pat's board....you dont like the rules then post elsewhere you dont have to post here. like pg04 said its time to stop whining and move along....

american pie...the first one pbr watched it for the 100th time last night and still laughs his azz off when jim dances for nadia and everyone watching the live stream over the net....totally classic when things sound off a little early for him twice...just BOL funny everytime seen

For some reason I never saw the movie 'Superbad' until last week.  Great movie.

And some more great movie news (I hope)....'Red Dawn' is being remade.  Classic 1980s cinema!

Anyone see the new terminator movie?

PBR...

good news for any who partake out there...

http://thecrit.com/2009/06/03/company-makes-any-plant-produce-thc-and-the-tomatoes-are-especially-yummy/

EDIT: should note that pbr's stoner friends sent this to pbr and couldnt be more excited about this breakthrough...

PBR...

R.I.P.  David Carradine (police suspect suicide in a bangkok hotel)....1 of pbr's fav characters in kill bill... and kung fu

dlippiel

Quote from: Jonny Utah on June 04, 2009, 08:27:13 AM

For some reason I never saw the movie 'Superbad' until last week.  Great movie.

And some more great movie news (I hope)....'Red Dawn' is being remade.  Classic 1980s cinema!

Anyone see the new terminator movie?

Utah I am so with you on that. As a kid I totally wanted to be like Robert. Remember Robert the nice kid who ****ing snapped and just started smoking Cubans and Russians everywhere. He was a badass! I think he was played by C Thomas Howell.

Wolverines!!!!

union89

Quote from: pg04 on June 04, 2009, 12:24:27 AM
Are you ever going to stop whining about this? 

PG, you're the one getting his nose all out of joint with 82....stop reading his posts if they bother YOU.....YOU should stop whining.

SJFF82

PBR:  I was just being sarcastic about the fact that you stated that the guy "deserved it".  Over on a political thread PC locked the board because I stated that somebody who had been murdered "deserved it"  No need to get pissy, I was just making light of your comment.

As far as PC goes, my bad I guess, its just that PC has always had a history of being very dismissive, especially with me right from my first  ever post a few years ago so I have always kinda butted heads with him....

dlippiel

Can I ask where the **** my Karma went? How did I lose 2 since yesterday? Is the sniper back? Or maybe its just because I keep opening my trap on those damn addictive political boards.

lewdogg11

Quote from: dlippiel on June 04, 2009, 05:05:02 PM
Can I ask where the **** my Karma went? How did I lose 2 since yesterday? Is the sniper back? Or maybe its just because I keep opening my trap on those damn addictive political boards.

I'll hit you with some +K, but chances are the political boards are the culprit at this point.  Gotta stay away from those evil spirits.

SaintsFAN

Quote from: LewDogg11 on June 04, 2009, 05:25:31 PM
Quote from: dlippiel on June 04, 2009, 05:05:02 PM

I'll hit you with some +K, but chances are the political boards are the culprit at this point.  Gotta stay away from those evil spirits.

Those political boards are retarded.  There is supposed to be a "gentleman's agreement" about NOT smiting people for their opinoins on there. 

+K from SF... heading to Put in Bay, OH this weekend.  An adult spring break destination.  The only bad part about it is taking the ferry from the mainland onto Lake Erie. 

Have a nice weekend everyone..  SF's personal lamp is lit for the weekend.
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

mattvsmith

It's 1:20 pm Friday in Revland.  Midnight for you fellas on the East Coast.

The Rev is just a couple hours away from lighting the proverbial lamp.  Taking it easy, just a few mellow drinks, some grub, and head home before the police come.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: SJFF82 on June 04, 2009, 01:10:11 PM

PBR:  I was just being sarcastic about the fact that you stated that the guy "deserved it".  Over on a political thread PC locked the board because I stated that somebody who had been murdered "deserved it"  No need to get pissy, I was just making light of your comment.

As far as PC goes, my bad I guess, its just that PC has always had a history of being very dismissive, especially with me right from my first  ever post a few years ago so I have always kinda butted heads with him....

Perhaps you have a history of being overly sensitive, or a history of not forgetting things that you should probably let go from years ago.

I wouldn't remember butting heads with you in particular if you didn't keep bringing it up. There are thousands of posters on this board and I don't really have the space in my brain to hold grudges.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Jonny Utah

PBR check this out!

PHILADELPHIA - A mob of angry neighbors who beat a child-rape suspect won't be charged, police said. In fact, two of them may get a reward.

Commissioner Charles Ramsey said he made the decision based on the fact that the man's head and face injuries were not life-threatening, his determination that the neighbors' intent was to bring the man to police and the high level of emotion in the community after the girl's brutal attack.

About a dozen residents pummeled Jose Carrasquillo, 26, for several minutes Tuesday. Cops arrived and arrested him on an outstanding warrant; Carrasquillo was released from the hospital yesterday into police custody, but he has not been charged in the rape.

Ramsey, who reviewed surveillance video, suggested the incident amounted to a citizen's arrest.

"These people saw him, he attempted to run, and they caught up with him," Ramsey said, adding the beating stopped when cops arrived minutes later. "If the injuries had been severe, maybe we'd have to rethink it."

American Civil Liberties Union lawyer Mary Catherine Roper said, "It's shocking that the police are not going to do anything in response to what is essentially mob violence against this guy. This went beyond apprehending the guy."

Philadelphia's Fraternal Order of Police chapter offered an $11,500 reward, and president John McNesby said two people who helped nab Carrasquillo will split the money. McNesby said he doesn't condone violence but that they should be commended.

© Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Looks like there is more to this story than was originally published.  Although I don't understand the thought behind a "citizens arrest" if the police didn't issue a warrant for his arrest in the first place for the rape.