FB: Region 4 fan poll

Started by DPU3619, September 09, 2011, 09:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smedindy

Quote from: wally_wabash on October 02, 2014, 01:09:46 AM
Quote from: smedindy on October 01, 2014, 11:01:26 PM
One thing to watch for here - AND in "B" land, is that cancelled game between Chicago and Pacific. That may benefit Chicago, since I don't know how much Pacific would help them. They may win just two games this year (Lewis & Clark and rookie George Fox).

Wesley is putting the Pool B to bed this weekend, yes?  When they beat Louisiana College on Saturday, they finish their D-III schedule at 5-0.  I'm not sure anybody can take that playoff spot from Wesley.

Oh, my sweet Wesley...

ExTartanPlayer

Quote from: smedindy on October 02, 2014, 11:20:21 AM
One thing to watch for here - AND in "B" land, is that cancelled game between Chicago and Pacific. That may benefit Chicago, since I don't know how much Pacific would help them. They may win just two games this year (Lewis & Clark and rookie George Fox).

Wesley is putting the Pool B to bed this weekend, yes?  When they beat Louisiana College on Saturday, they finish their D-III schedule at 5-0.  I'm not sure anybody can take that playoff spot from Wesley.

Oh, my sweet Wesley...

As you wish.
I was small but made up for it by being slow...

http://athletics.cmu.edu/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20120629a4jaxa

Wabash Hokie

Oh, my sweet Wesley...

Nice Princess Bride reference Smed.  How about this one?

Hello! My name is Smedindy! You killed my fan poll! Prepare to die!

jknezek

Quote from: ExTartanPlayer on October 02, 2014, 11:38:30 AM

Oh, my sweet Wesley...

As you wish.

creepy, just creepy guys. on the other hand, this whole conversation was inconceivable... How I miss Andre the Giant...

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: jknezek on October 02, 2014, 11:43:29 AM

Oh, my sweet Wesley...

As you wish.

creepy, just creepy guys. on the other hand, this whole conversation was inconceivable... How I miss Andre the Giant...
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

jknezek

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on October 02, 2014, 12:24:11 PM

Oh, my sweet Wesley...

As you wish.

Loving the quotes but I just have to point out that the character's name was Westley, not Wesley, so this whole thread started on a misconception. That being said, "never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: jknezek on October 02, 2014, 12:33:56 PM
Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on October 02, 2014, 12:24:11 PM

Oh, my sweet Wesley...

As you wish.

Loving the quotes but I just have to point out that the character's name was Westley, not Wesley, so this whole thread started on a misconception. That being said, "never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"
Just look back at the past few pages... we're not a group who lets little things like facts get in our way :D
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Li'l Giant

Something sure to get people more riled than the absence of IWU on my ballot: I think that movie sucks. I've never understood the deal people have with it.
"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

jknezek

Quote from: Li'l Giant on October 02, 2014, 01:19:12 PM
Something sure to get people more riled than the absence of IWU on my ballot: I think that movie sucks. I've never understood the deal people have with it.

As with most things, the book is better than the movie. Too much of the background got chopped out to make the movie. But I still like them both for entertainment purposes. It's not great cinema, or literature, by any stretch...

USee

I find it interesting there is so much ink being wasted over 2 teams that are at the bottom of the fan poll and virutally non-existent in the D3.com poll (although it should be noted that Franklin is an ORV and IWU is absent). Rankings are not exact science. Its part art and part science. I am frankly (no pun!) surprised there isn't a lot more discussion over the ranking of Wabash vs JCU. I spent a lot more time on that in my thought process than I did IWU vs Franklin.

The reality of IWU/Franklin is these two teams are not dramatically different. A 7 point home win by IWU was not a blowout and in my opinion, IWU played progressively worse the next two weeks after that win while Franklin seemed to stabilize and arguably improve. For me these two teams are interchangeable and given the current mediocrity of both I don't think its worth the breath to determine who is 3-10pts better. If they played 10 times one of the two would probably win 6. I don't know who and it doesn't matter. The HTH is important to me in the week after but since it was so early and fairly close, it doesn't mean as much to me since teams are so different now (yes even 2 weeks later).  I am much more interested in whether JCU or Wabash are #2 and the discussion on Wheaton vs NCC. Of course those debates are more speculative without a HTH. Wabash's HTH w HSC was an impressive win. If it were close, it wouldn't mean as much in my mind, but Wabash dominated. I know the LG's D is for real. I have seen them up close and they keep doing their thing, including shutting down an AA QB. I have my concerns about JCU since they laid an egg in last years playoffs (which shouldn't matter in this years rankings). Their D seems legit but they seemed good last year too and we were fooled. Last year they gave up 3 TD's through 9 weeks before giving up 69 pts in their 2 season ending losses. So JCU may be fools gold. I have Bash ahead because I am much more convinced of the quality of their defense and O/D Line than I am for JCU.

I have Wheaton over NCC in my rankings in part because I believe it and in part because I hope its tru. But Wheaton (despite Wally's assertion) has been solid in going 3-0. their offense needs to be tuned but they have played great defense, don't turn it over and have controlled the LOS in every game. Thats a recipe for a lot of wins. Wheaton turnedit over 4x in a scrimmage against Bash (another reason I am high on Bash) and 4x in 3 games since.

smedindy

I could say something about the Wire....

BashDad

Quote from: smedindy on October 02, 2014, 03:04:17 PM

Lord, give me strength.

Li'l Giant

"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

smedindy

Quote from: Li'l Giant on October 02, 2014, 04:48:23 PM

Just yankin' the chain around...I understand the differences in various and sundry people tastes. A whole boatload of people still watch CBS for some reason!  ;)

/they see me trollin', they hatin'

DPU3619

Oh, my sweet Wesley...

Hey guys.