FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allsky7

LED ZEPPELIN is the best band in rock & roll history.....no wait......it's the STONES.....well.....the BEATLES were pretty good and had a zillion #1 hits.......DOH!  ;)  ;D 

*allsky7 doesn't post much these days.....but he IS still paying attention. Keep up the good work.

jknezek

Quote from: bashgiant on October 22, 2014, 05:50:37 AM
Quote from: odacsuperfan on October 21, 2014, 09:23:08 PM
Sorry narch didn't mean to hurt your feelings about your QB. I never meant to slight Reber I just stated my opinion.  I'm sure all the coaches in the ODAC know how good Nance makes HSC . You seem to be consumed with stats and that is a good indicator but too many variables are in stats only to say whose better. A lot of the D3 offenses post crazy offensive stats but Favret seems to be protective of Nance until the Conference heats up.   I've seen a lot of D3 QB's and personally I think Nance is a notch above. You rarely see  his size , strength , speed , arm strength and most importantly Wins in a D3 QB. Certainly no disrespect to Reber. IMO if Nance were playing for Mt Union Burke would be his backup. But , ...... we will never know.
[/b]

This is what happens when you drink and post. Don't let it happen to you! ;D

+K. hilarious

hasanova

Quote from: hasanova on October 21, 2014, 05:01:31 PM
Thank you, narch, for looking up the actual numbers.  +1  You are the best non-QB poster in d3 who actually looks up the stats.

I do concede opening with Greensboro at home in 2014 is not the same as opening at Wabash, but MU and CNU appear to fairly evenly matched as evidenced by their classic OT game.   And CCA ... I'm confident several QB/WR tandems could score big stats against the Bears.

With all this said, the proof is on the field head-to-head ... and the sad truth is HSC has beaten my alma mater 14 years in a row.  HSC is the better team until someone else proves they can match up and play.
I think it's laughable that someone must have taken offense to this.  I don't think I could have been more fair and balanced.  Nance is great ... I've seen him play, but is he the best?  Others with a broader knowledge of D3 than me seem to think not.

jknezek

Quote from: hasanova on October 22, 2014, 01:46:55 PM
Thank you, narch, for looking up the actual numbers.  +1  You are the best non-QB poster in d3 who actually looks up the stats.

I do concede opening with Greensboro at home in 2014 is not the same as opening at Wabash, but MU and CNU appear to fairly evenly matched as evidenced by their classic OT game.   And CCA ... I'm confident several QB/WR tandems could score big stats against the Bears.

With all this said, the proof is on the field head-to-head ... and the sad truth is HSC has beaten my alma mater 14 years in a row.  HSC is the better team until someone else proves they can match up and play.
I think it's laughable that someone must have taken offense to this.  I don't think I could have been more fair and balanced.  Nance is great ... I've seen him play, but is he the best?  Others with a broader knowledge of D3 than me seem to think not.

Someone dinged you for that? That's hilarious. I think discussions about Nance over the last 18+ months have driven more negatives for me than anything else. Amusing how protective people get. And I really haven't seen anyone say anything but good things, but for some people there simply aren't enough platitudes you can give him...

Either way, here's a +K for you Hasa...

wesleydad

making my annual trip to Bridgewater this weekend for their homecoming.  I get to see W&L for the first time.  I think it will be a good game as W&L looks to be improving each week and Bridgewater has played pretty well so far.  Always enjoy the trip as the area is very nice and my friends at Bridgewater are even better.  The weather should be nice too.

hasanova

Quote from: jknezek on October 22, 2014, 02:37:08 PM

Someone dinged you for that? That's hilarious. I think discussions about Nance over the last 18+ months have driven more negatives for me than anything else. Amusing how protective people get. And I really haven't seen anyone say anything but good things, but for some people there simply aren't enough platitudes you can give him...

Thanks, jknezek.  It was either this message or the one where I thanked hoopstermom for parking advice at RMC.  lol

hoopstermom

Thank you, hoopstermom.  I appreciate the advice.  If you are at the game Saturday, walk by the Guilford stands and yell "nova".  lol

Oh, I'll be there.  :)   I'm in spot #19 in the tailgating lot.  Stop by for refreshments if you'd like.  Would love to meet you.

jknezek

Quote from: wesleydad on October 22, 2014, 07:06:44 PM
making my annual trip to Bridgewater this weekend for their homecoming.  I get to see W&L for the first time.  I think it will be a good game as W&L looks to be improving each week and Bridgewater has played pretty well so far.  Always enjoy the trip as the area is very nice and my friends at Bridgewater are even better.  The weather should be nice too.

Not really the year I want you seeing my Generals, but such is life. They are improving, but they have been really bad on the road. Hopefully last week gave them a little confidence to see out the season. Keep the word "young" in the back of your head while you watch!

jknezek

Quote from: hasanova on October 23, 2014, 07:09:47 AM

Thanks, jknezek.  It was either this message or the one where I thanked hoopstermom for parking advice at RMC.  lol

Oh, well.... If it was the parking advice I'm taking my +k back. That deserved the ding!    ;D

tigerfanalso

Jk

How do you see the odac playing out this week ?

hasanova

Quote from: jknezek on October 23, 2014, 09:04:13 AM
Quote from: hasanova on October 23, 2014, 07:09:47 AM

Oh, well.... If it was the parking advice I'm taking my +k back. That deserved the ding!    ;D
Thanks, you made me laugh.  lol

jknezek

Quote from: tigerfanalso on October 23, 2014, 09:28:31 AM
Jk

How do you see the odac playing out this week ?

It's actually a really interesting week.

W&L at Bridgewater has my attention. Bridgewater has dropped 2 straight and they have that "here we go again" look to them. Good run through non-conf and bad conference performance. However, W&L has always struggled at Bridgewater, they haven't looked good on the road this year, and while last week was a good step, it's not like they dominated anyone. I think Bridgewater wins by 3-7 points at home.

E&H hosts Catholic. Catholic is not good. E&H needs to bounce back. What better chance is there? Especially at Selfie. E&H wins by 17-20 points.

RMC hosting Guilford. Pivotal game. Guilford has not looked good on the road. They need to get that straightened out. The Quakers have more talent, butRMC has got to be unhappy at giving the Generals their first W. This smells like a close game to me. Guilford by 3.

Shenandoah hosting H-SC. H-SC has to be mad about last year. They are an upperclass laden team that should know they can't mess around in Winchester. Shenandoah is getting better each year and I have a lot of respect for Coach Yoder, but he is outgunned in this game. Shenandoah should be riding a two game high, especially the big win over Guilford giving the Hornets a spring in their step, but those two wins are a bit fishy. Guilford never showed and Catholic is Catholic. I think H-SC wins by at least 14.

tigerfanalso

odacsuperfan

you got some attention with your comment regarding the mu qb playing behind nash if they were teammates.
do you really feel that way or were you just looking for attention ?

Michael Herbert

JK,

Either you've had history writing about sports (W&L newspaper, maybe?) or it's just the W&L ejukashun, but I've enjoyed your predictions over the past couple of years.  Thanks for the thoughts.

jknezek

Quote from: Michael Herbert on October 23, 2014, 03:42:13 PM
JK,

Either you've had history writing about sports (W&L newspaper, maybe?) or it's just the W&L ejukashun, but I've enjoyed your predictions over the past couple of years.  Thanks for the thoughts.

Well I'm glad you appreciate them. It was a long time ago now but I was sports editor for an on campus paper, got a degree in print journalism, and spent some summers as a reporting intern. None of that is useful in my current career.