FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

USee and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

cubs

Looks like Oshkosh may have found their QB to replace Wara....  (Don't think they will actually be able to replace him!!!)

According to reports, former Wisconsin state player of the year Jay Tollefson of West De Pere is transferring from Northern Michigan.  Similar to Wara, Tollefson was a dual threat QB for West De Pere as he led the Phantoms to a pair of D3 State Titles in 2010 and 2011.

I believe he will have all four years of eligibility remaining as his name is not found in the Northern Michigan stats from last season.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

badgerwarhawk

Interesting, we also have a transfer quarterback from Northern Michigan who comes in with three (I think) years of eligibility remaining.  Though I don't know his name at this time.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

voice

It sure feels good to be back writing stories on the Warhawkfootball.com Newswire. I've finally got my strength back following my cancer surgery and seven months of radiation and chemotherapy. My latest C-Scan indicates that I remain in remission and no signs of the tumor coming back.  I am really looking forward to being able to chronicle the 2013 UWW football season.  To read my stories written this week click onto http://www.warhawkfootball.com/newswire.asp

voice

Quote from: cubs on June 18, 2013, 12:01:13 PM
Looks like Oshkosh may have found their QB to replace Wara....  (Don't think they will actually be able to replace him!!!)

According to reports, former Wisconsin state player of the year Jay Tollefson of West De Pere is transferring from Northern Michigan.  Similar to Wara, Tollefson was a dual threat QB for West De Pere as he led the Phantoms to a pair of D3 State Titles in 2010 and 2011.

I believe he will have all four years of eligibility remaining as his name is not found in the Northern Michigan stats from last season.

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on June 18, 2013, 05:06:40 PM
Interesting, we also have a transfer quarterback from Northern Michigan though I don't know his name at this time.

BW, his name is Chris Nelson, a former quarterback at Wilmot High School who was signed to a scholarship to Northern Michigan in February of 2012.  Chris Nelson, a 2012 graduate of Wilmot High School, led Division II (WIAA) in passing as a senior. In 11 games he completed 149 of 245 passes for 2,416 yards (61%) and 27 touchdowns in route to a 9-2 record for the Panthers. He also rushed for another 703 yards and 17 scores his senior season. He was a finalist for the 2011 Dave Kreig Award recognizing the top high school quarterback in Wisconsin

badgerwarhawk

Thanks,  Voice. 

That's fantastic news you're sharing.  I've already read you most recent entries and I'm looking forward to more. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

voice

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on June 19, 2013, 07:13:34 PM
Thanks,  Voice. 

That's fantastic news you're sharing.  I've already read you most recent entries and I'm looking forward to more.

Thanks BW.  It feels good to be able to get back to work!!

footballfan413

Quote from: voice on June 19, 2013, 07:21:02 PM
Quote from: badgerwarhawk on June 19, 2013, 07:13:34 PM
Thanks,  Voice. 

Thanks BW.  It feels good to be able to get back to work!!
Such great news, Voice!  Wonderful to hear that your recovery is on track!  You have survived some very dark days but what a lesson that journey teaches you and all who love you.  Our lives should never be taken for granted! 
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

02 Warhawk

palum

Quote from: bulk19 on June 17, 2013, 11:41:45 PM
Quote from: badgerwarhawk on June 17, 2013, 01:12:05 PM
Both teams are members of a summer collegiate wood bat league called the Northwoods League.  There is a WARHAWKS and a Pointer player on the BullFrogs though neither played yesterday.  It is generally considered one of the best collegiate summer leagues in the nation and all of the team's rosters are loaded with D1 athletes.  As an aside they do have a seating area they call the Duck Pond at the park.

It was a great Father's Day albeit hot and humid.
The Northwoods League offers a fun family environment, with lots to do to keep youngsters busy in between innings...
Speaking of the league - Former La Crosse Logger pitcher Max Scherzer won again tonight to bring his record this season to a perfect 10-0 for the Detroit Tigers. He's just the second in club history to do so, and the first big leaguer to get off to that kind of start since Rocket Clemens in 1997...
Has he been checked for PEDs  ;D

voice

If you are a Warhawk football fan you certainly remember Jeff Schebler. "Schebs" concluded his UWW career as the NCAA all-time kick scoring leader for all divisions (459).

The Davenport, Iowa native earned All-America status four times.

Warhawkfootball.com has learned that a process is underway to name a new award as the top NCAA Division 3 kicker each year to be named in honor of Jeff Schebler

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

GBMAN

Quote from: voice on June 19, 2013, 02:04:47 PM
It sure feels good to be back writing stories on the Warhawkfootball.com Newswire. I've finally got my strength back following my cancer surgery and seven months of radiation and chemotherapy. My latest C-Scan indicates that I remain in remission and no signs of the tumor coming back.  I am really looking forward to being able to chronicle the 2013 UWW football season.  To read my stories written this week click onto http://www.warhawkfootball.com/newswire.asp

Awesome, awesome news Voice...... Page bookmarked on my PC and iPad....

voice

In the wake of Steve Dinkel recently resigning as UW-Whitewater's offensive line coach to take an administration job in the Jefferson, WI school district, UWW has reportedly hired Daryl Agpalasa as its new OL coach.

Agpalsa comes to Whitewater after serving as a graduate offensive line coach at the University of Minnesota.  Prior to his stay at U of M, Agpalsa had a stint at Hamline University in St. Paul, Minn., where he spent three seasons as an assistant coach, working with the offensive line. Prior to working at Hamline, he held a similar position with Linfield College in McMinnville, Ore. He coached the offensive linemen at Linfield for four seasons. During his tenure, Linfield won the 2004 NCAA Division III National Championship and won three conference championships.

Agpalsa was a standout offensive lineman for Linfield College and graduated from Linfield in 2002. He played on three conference championship teams and made two NCAA D-III Playoff appearances. Agpalsa was named a consensus Division III All-America selection in 2002 and was a three-time all-conference selection. He was a four-year starter.

Agpalsa is a Honolulu, Hawaii native.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: voice on June 23, 2013, 02:01:54 PM
In the wake of Steve Dinkel recently resigning as UW-Whitewater's offensive line coach to take an administration job in the Jefferson, WI school district, UWW has reportedly hired Daryl Agpalasa as its new OL coach.

Agpalsa comes to Whitewater after serving as a graduate offensive line coach at the University of Minnesota.  Prior to his stay at U of M, Agpalsa had a stint at Hamline University in St. Paul, Minn., where he spent three seasons as an assistant coach, working with the offensive line. Prior to working at Hamline, he held a similar position with Linfield College in McMinnville, Ore. He coached the offensive linemen at Linfield for four seasons. During his tenure, Linfield won the 2004 NCAA Division III National Championship and won three conference championships.

Agpalsa was a standout offensive lineman for Linfield College and graduated from Linfield in 2002. He played on three conference championship teams and made two NCAA D-III Playoff appearances. Agpalsa was named a consensus Division III All-America selection in 2002 and was a three-time all-conference selection. He was a four-year starter.

Agpalsa is a Honolulu, Hawaii native.

Sounds promising....I like the hire.

voice

I'm busy this morning putting notes together in anticipation of UW-Whitewater football's Football Alumni Weekend set for 9/27-9/28 at Perkins Stadium. The 1978, 1988, 2008, & 2008 conference championship teams will be honored.

The 1978 team finished with just one loss in conference play but lost all three non-conference games.  The losses were to Northern Iowa, Mankato State and Northern Michigan.  It was a rather ambitious schedule!