FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider 68

Quote from: amonachino on December 07, 2012, 02:52:49 PM
Nice article from Terry Pluto of the P.D. on Kevin Burke..        http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2012/12/post_60.html

amonachino,

Thanks, I missed that one, +k. Hopefully, K. Burke will lead the Raiders again in this big game. :)
13 time Division III National Champions

mr_mom

Nice article from Terry Pluto of the P.D. on Kevin Burke..        http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2012/12/post_60.html

He may have ditched Akron to go North to the 'Mistake on the Lake', but he never stopped his appreciation for the Mount.

Thanks for the link!
Never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity.

MUC80

"Kehres watched Burke beat Huber Heights and current Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller to deliver that 2010 state title to St. Edward." Yes! Another thorn I can stick in the sides of all of my OSU friends. I love hitting them with facts like this to get under their skin.

Every time OSU wins a football game, I say "congratulations on the Buckeyes keeping a solid hold on being the second-best college football program in Ohio." (they hate it when I say that, but I think they know it's true!)

purpled

"You know you're in trouble when...you see the refs tailgating with your opponent's fans." - Paul Fischer

mr_mom

My second-to-last reminder of the season ... remember to get your picks in!

And to those who selected early this week ... to make sure there is no confusion, Oshkosh is GIVING 5.5 to the Tommies.

I will have to get the kids out of the house tomorrow to ensure I have enough bandwidth to watch both games on ESPN3.

And to those of you who are traveling tonight or tomorrow ... Mom says 'be safe!'.   :)

muc-raider

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on Today at 05:52:58 am

Quote from: Cruzader on Today at 01:20:29 am

Quote from: amonachino on Yesterday at 07:31:28 pm

you are able to watch the game on your computer.  Go to the Mount football site and click on video at 2PM and watch the game on your lap top or computer.  Espn 3 is for smaller venues or to compliment as 2nd choice to Espn on occasions. It looks like this   12/8/12
            Football
            Mary Hardin-Baylor
            Mount Union
            2:00 PM
            NCAA Playoffs - Semifinals Mount Union Stadium
            Preview Live stats Live stats Video Audio Tickets

You also can watch the game live at the UMHB football website, No downloading of programs necessary very easy. Just hit the watch live Icon and your in, also there are live stats and audio. Watched many Cru Away games this year on this reliable program on website. Fortunately will not have to this weekend. Me and my boys will be Alliance for the big showdown. Go Cru!

I'm not sure if UMHB is allowed to do that this week.  NCAA may own the "rights" to the came and not allow it.

Yep. That's correct.

I'll be at the game as usual but I'm a bit disappointed at best at ESPN being there.  People won't be able to watch the game via UMHB or Sports Time Ohio or possibly another means.   So it looks like I won't be able to record it.   If anyone knows how I could record the game (legally), I'd be happy to know how.    Thanks.

Pat Coleman

It re-airs on ESPNU midweek. Keith wrote a blog post with some details and tips 'n' tricks.

http://www.d3blogs.com/d3football/2012/12/07/how-to-watch-saturdays-semifinals/
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

muc-raider

skunks_sidekick

Light of my life, and her parents spent the day down in the strip district in Pittsburgh.  It is a great time.  Home....wife is properly drugged (about three glasses of wine), and now, picking up Skunk and we are heading to Alliance. 

Unfortunately, Jr. has decided (and this was a while ago), that dad is totally uncool, and he is headed to watch some of his "boys" play b-ball tonight. 

See whoever tonight, or tomorrow.

mtfan

Skunk
About time you got here, I got $75 on your beer tab!  ;)

Dr. Acula

Well, I am all set.  Ready to watch the Raiders on the big screen from the comfort of my couch.  Just did a test run to check my set up (I'm currently watching some womens vball on ESPN3).  Picture quality is actually pretty nice.

Safe travels to anyone on the road to Alliance and good luck to skunks sidekick's credit card with that tab!  I hope his poor little plastic friend is okay after the beating it may take this evening.   

mr_mom

Quote from: Dr. Acula on December 07, 2012, 08:38:17 PM
Well, I am all set.  Ready to watch the Raiders on the big screen from the comfort of my couch.

I'm with you, Doc Ack.  Watch safely!

Next week ... I will probably be in Salem no matter who is playing.  Sadly, I can't take my kids [THANK YOU, NCAA??!?!?!?!?] cuz they will still be in school.  But I have bros coming up from TX.  And all of these teams are worth watching.

With C2H5OH, of course!  :-)

Desertraider

Well, well, well - ESPN. My old nemesis has reared its ugly head yet again! I will be hanging on every detail I can get from my computer. I don't get ESPN3, ESPNU - or ESPN8 "The Ocho!". So no Cotton for me tomorrow.

To the Raiders - may the football gods smile upon you for another week. ROLL RAIDERS!

To UMHB - I wish you the ALMOST best of luck.

May the game be clean and injury free for all.

ROLL RAIDERS!

Side note- after the game (win or lose) I may even tell my story of the last time Mount and UMHB faced off. I am convinced to this day that I was the reason for the loss (damn superstitions!).
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

purple

The sun is out and the sky clearing. The Jolly Roger is flying in a light breeze. Looks like  a perfect day for football for today's semi-final.

MUCRaker