Commonwealth Coast Conference

Started by Hoops Fan, March 01, 2005, 04:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

ENC beat UNE 69-61.  Certainly a lot closer than I expected.  ENC hit most of their FTs down the stretch to keep it from being truly exciting.  ENC struggled on the boards, which will likely be a theme with them this year.  UNE shot well from deep.  Jeremy Wagner played only 10 minutes for ENC - I'll have to check, but likely an injury - that's not going to help them any.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Nichols crushed Roger Williams 81-51.  21 from Sheehan, but nobody on NC played a lot of minutes.  Ugly, ugly game.  RWU might be really bad.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Curry beats WNE 68-61.  26 points for Ribeiro of Curry.  Still, lots of unknowns in the CCC this year.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Salve over Wentworth.  Salve doesn't seem to be missing Pringle all that much.

Gordon managed to beat Endicott 68-66.  Magee played, but only seven minutes.

warriorcat

Salve Regina beat Wentworth 61-53.  Pretty good team effort for the Seahawks.  Four players in double figures led by Hohlfelder's 16.  Hanlon played a key role in finally putting the game away for Salve.  He was the glue that kept his team together tonight.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Tomorrow we get the last round of conference games before Christmas:

GC @ NC
ENC @ EC
CC @ WIT
SRU @ RWU
WNE @ UNE

amh63

Hoops Fan....need to let me know why you are all over this conference! :)

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: amh63 on December 06, 2013, 04:42:41 PM
Hoops Fan....need to let me know why you are all over this conference!

It's my conference.  And almost no one else posts.  So, in essence, this is my board.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Home teams win early.  Nichols over Gordon 78-72.  Sheehan with 23 - he got to the FT line a lot.  Four guys in double figures for Gordon, including a 16-14 night for Miersma.  He may run wild this season without a ton of big men around the league.

ENC finally loses - a heartbreaker 77-78 at Endicott.  Jeremy Wagner played for ENC, but only 17, relatively unproductive minutes - something is up there.  Eric Lynch played only two minutes, but somehow took 6 shots.  Anyway - they got 21 from Owens and double digits from two guys off the bench.  EC won the rebound battle, but it was closer than I would have expected.  Double-double for Daquan Sampson.  None of the vets played more than 22 minutes.  Strange doings in Beverly this season, but they'll be happy for the win.

The other three games are all tipping off right now.

warriorcat

Salve Regina pulls out a close win at Roger Williams 83-79.  RWU led most of the game and had a 14 point lead with 8:07 left in the game.  Barrett Hanlon who was in foul trouble in the first half, scored all 21 of his points in the second half to lead the Seahawks back.  Jeff Bielefeld kept Salve in the game in the first half.  He finished the game with 20 points and 10 rebounds.  Three other Seahawks scored in double figures.  Ryan Palumbo (24) and Travis Fonseca  (16) were the Hawks leading scorers.  For most of this game Roger Williams was the better team and they probably deserved to win the game today.  A 40-27 rebound margin in favor of SRU was a factor.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Wentworth beat up Curry pretty good, 72-59.  Curry just cannot rebound the basketball.  They gave WIT an extra dozen possessions.  Neither team played well, but it is what it is.  Curry got 18 from Rodney Beldo? another new face.

UNE miraculously pulled out a win, any win.  Taking down WNE in Maine, 66-62.  21 total FTs in this game, 44 threes.  Both teams actually seemed to play pretty well.  Perhaps UNE is just figuring themselves out a bit.

An interesting season continues to be more so.

warriorcat

Tough loss for Salve Regina at Rhode Island College. The final 80-67 was not indicative of how close the Seahawks played the Anchormen. SRU trailed by two at the half but took a seven point lead midway through the second half and led until the five minute mark.  The last two minutes saw multiple three point misses by Salve and numerous foul shots by RIC.  Three players in double figures for SRU - Hanlon 20, Dineen 16, Bielefeld 14.  25 turnovers for the Seahawks were the key statistic in the game.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Roger Williams lost as well, although they did try to come back at the end.  I think there's only one more game until Christmas, but I don't remember who it is - Nichols, maybe?

7express

Quote from: Hoops Fan on December 10, 2013, 09:12:47 PM

Roger Williams lost as well, although they did try to come back at the end.  I think there's only one more game until Christmas, but I don't remember who it is - Nichols, maybe?

Lesley vs. Gordon December 14 @ 3 PM.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

To catch us up:

Endicott won the Salem State holiday tournament.

UNE got crushed by Lycoming and Misericordia.

WIT lost to a surprisingly frisky Vassar squad, before trouncing Maine-Ft Kent.

Curry beat Wesleyan on the road.

There are six games on the schedule today; I suspect a few of them (cough, UMPI traveling to ENC) might be postponed or outright cancelled due to weather.

If it does happen, Salve hosting Middlebury could be very interesting.  It will really give us a good picture of where SRU is right now.

The Conference schedule picks up again on Saturday.