MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEPAFAN

Quote from: Matt Letourneau on February 26, 2007, 09:44:15 AM
Oh yes it can!

Catholic will be hosting a sectional next weekend, with Lincoln playing Alvernia and the Cardinals taking on Messiah.  Should be some great basketball.

Wonderful....GO MESSIAH.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Matt Letourneau

Should be a good game.  Messiah has already lost to the two teams CUA beat in the CAC Tourney, Mary Wash and Hood, this year, but you never know.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: Matt Letourneau on February 26, 2007, 10:17:10 AM
Should be a good game.  Messiah has already lost to the two teams CUA beat in the CAC Tourney, Mary Wash and Hood, this year, but you never know.

Throw everything out the window when it come to the tourny! ;D
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

cold_case

Quote from: Matt Letourneau on February 26, 2007, 10:17:10 AM

You didn't expect Catholic to have a tough opener, did you?

Matt Letourneau

To be honest, espcially at this level, I think almost anybody is a tough opener.

I wouldn't want to be Hood playing H-S, either.  I don't care if they do have 10 losses.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Matt Letourneau on February 26, 2007, 09:44:15 AM
Oh yes it can!

Catholic will be hosting a sectional next weekend, with Lincoln playing Alvernia and the Cardinals taking on Messiah.  Should be some great basketball.

This is a regional. Sectionals are the next weekend.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Matt Letourneau

Salem, VA

Messiah will beat Catholic...write it down

Matt Letourneau

Thanks for the support, Salem.

Any predictions for Hood while you're at it.

(I remember all the York people who wanted CAC unity last year.  Guess that went out the window...)

Salem, VA

your bolting the CAC...you will get no support from me...Landmark conf more like the land fill conf. 

York is still in the CAC's, I will be rooting hard for Hood.  Catholic I have no reason to care for.  Same reason I am a big east fan when Miami won the conf.  Why should I care at all about a team jumping ship for what reason.  Its all political.

Thank you

NEPAFAN

So far we have...

1. Landmine Conference
2. Landfill Conference

Let it all out fellas..

Vince Lombardi

njlincolnlion

Messiah versus Catholic.......as someone has already pointed out, the game has a Spiritual tone to it  ;D .
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes, '29      
Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, '30

17 NCAA DIII Championships

Matt Letourneau

Quote from: Salem, VA on February 26, 2007, 12:40:04 PM
your bolting the CAC...you will get no support from me...Landmark conf more like the land fill conf. 

York is still in the CAC's, I will be rooting hard for Hood.  Catholic I have no reason to care for.  Same reason I am a big east fan when Miami won the conf.  Why should I care at all about a team jumping ship for what reason.  Its all political.

Thank you

Because until this season is over, Catholic is carrying the CAC flag in the tournament.

Now, look, I personally could care less.  Most of the other fans in the league hate us anyway--there's a word for that, actually---jealousy.  That's fine. 

But the bottom line is that if Catholic does well in the tournament, that reflects well on the CAC, and in turn, York.  So that's why you should care.

But its not any skin off of my nose.  The irony is that York is probably the team I have the most respect for other than us in the CAC, so I do tend to expect a little more from York fans. 

And I hate to tell you Salem--but lets be honest--without Catholic, where is the CAC?  Catholic put that conference on the map.  Its going to be up to Hood and York and a few others to KEEP it on the map.  But if I was in the position of somebody who is in the Catholic-less CAC, I'd hardly be putting down another conference. 

Year in, year out, given the quality of the institutions in the Landmark, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it passes the CAC. 

Matt Letourneau

Quote from: Matt Letourneau on February 26, 2007, 01:04:05 PM
Quote from: Salem, VA on February 26, 2007, 12:40:04 PM

Thank you

Because until this season is over, Catholic is carrying the CAC flag in the tournament.

Now, look, I personally could care less.  Most of the other fans in the league hate us anyway--there's a word for that, actually---jealousy.  That's fine. 

But the bottom line is that if Catholic does well in the tournament, that reflects well on the CAC, and in turn, York.  So that's why you should care.

But its not any skin off of my nose.  The irony is that York is probably the team I have the most respect for other than us in the CAC, so I do tend to expect a little more from York fans. 

And I hate to tell you Salem--but lets be honest--without Catholic, where is the CAC?  Catholic put that conference on the map.  Its going to be up to Hood and York and a few others to KEEP it on the map.  But if I was in the position of somebody who is in the Catholic-less CAC, I'd hardly be putting down another conference. 

Year in, year out, given the quality of the institutions in the Landmark, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it passes the CAC.   Already, Catholic and Scranton are a better 1-2 than anything in the CAC.

Salem, VA

I disagree with you.  You love your Cardinals and I respect that.  I respect Catholic more then any team.  The last 3 years have really built the rivalry.  Its just to bad there leaving. 

That being said your right in basketball the CAC will be better the Landmark.  We are losing a traditional power in CAtholic and will be real tough.  If Hood wins 2 games it will reflect more on the future of the CAC then Catholic winning 2 games. 

I think the Landmark Conf will hurt Catholic with the rivalries more then help.  Most of the teams are no where near Catholic.  But whatever I can go on all day, Catholic is Miami, they think there better then the CAC and bolted, 3 years later there a 6-6 football team and the Big East went 5-0 in bowl games.  Yes I know long shot sceniro but leaving a conf is not always a good thing!