2019 NCAA Tournament

Started by Greek Tragedy, October 06, 2018, 10:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Palmer

WOW!! Great ball game, and near comeback by Nichols.  Swarthmore 69-65 over Nichols.  Inside the paint was not for the faint of heart.  Some serious banging and hooping going on between the Swat bigs and Nichols bigs.  Good stuff!

"If anything here offends, I beg your pardon. I come in peace, I depart in gratitude." ;)

Gregory Sager

Francis has 20 points ... seven minutes into the game.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

Francis with 30, with six minutes to go in the half.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Caz Bombers

35 at halftime (everyone else on his team has 8, and they're losing by 2) but dios mio, man

Gregory Sager

The usual concern at a sectional final is with cutting down the net. At Kolf Arena in Oshkosh, they're concerned with putting the net back on the rim. Somehow, several strands of one of the nets came unhooked, delaying the game.

Gregory Sager

Christopher Newport punches its ticket to its second Final Four in four years with a 79-70 win over Williams.

Caz Bombers

congrats to CNU!

"Captain? Captain, captain captain captain. Captain!!??!!"

"......captain?"

"CAPTAIN!!!"

CNU85

Thanks!! I can't believe it!! Final Four!!!  I am so happy for the team, the seniors, and especially for Marcus Carter. As a sophomore he was named All-American. Then the injuries. And this year the injuries continued and yet he not once even considered giving up! Wow!  Congrats to the team and coaches!

FCGrizzliesGrad

Francis now up to 54 points and 12 rebounds, still 3 minutes left.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Drake Palmer

Francis is ridiculous!  62 pts!!
"If anything here offends, I beg your pardon. I come in peace, I depart in gratitude." ;)

FCGrizzliesGrad

Finished with 62 points including a couple big 3s at the end. How's he going to top that in Fort Wayne?
Francis 19 of 37 from the field, rest of Wheaton was 7 of 19.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Gregory Sager

Wheaton 91
Marietta 87

Congrats to Wheaton on its first-ever D3 Final Four appearance.

Congrats as well to a really good Marietta team on a fantastic season.

Lastly, congrats to Aston Francis, who broke the D3 tourney single-game scoring record of 59 set by Guilford's Ben Strong in 2007. It took Strong a full game and three overtimes to get that 59. Francis finished with 62 in regulation ... none bigger than the huge trey from the corner he hit in the last few seconds to propel Wheaton from defeat to victory.

Smitty Oom

Greg mentioned on the CCIW board that it is a NCAA tourney single game scoring record, I would have to imagine the 12 made 3s would also be a single game record?

Such a fun player to watch. Excited we get to see him at least one more time.

Caz Bombers

utterly amazing stuff. We shall not see his like again, but his watch is not yet ended!

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Smitty Oom on March 09, 2019, 09:48:31 PM
Greg mentioned on the CCIW board that it is a NCAA tourney single game scoring record, I would have to imagine the 12 made 3s would also be a single game record?

It tied the record, originally set by Augustana's Kirk Anderson in a 1993 Elite Eight game against UW-Platteville.