MBB: NEWMAC

Started by nehoops4life, March 03, 2005, 10:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlk

Really liked the interview with Coach Anderson.
MIT Course VI-3 1987 -- #RollTech

BaboNation

Quote from: rlk on March 04, 2018, 10:41:31 PM

Very classy guy.

It was interesting hearing his response to Dave's question about Jomard's status.   I never considered that he could come back this year and I'm still very skeptical, but the coach didn't rule out a return some point (if they keep winning).

Wishful thinking?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: BaboNation on March 05, 2018, 01:17:50 PM
Quote from: rlk on March 04, 2018, 10:41:31 PM

Very classy guy.

It was interesting hearing his response to Dave's question about Jomard's status.   I never considered that he could come back this year and I'm still very skeptical, but the coach didn't rule out a return some point (if they keep winning).

Wishful thinking?

Could happen... really could.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

rlk

Not positive yet whether it will pan out, but I'm hoping to make it down this weekend.

Fun fact about Jomard: his mother (Jennifer (Weideman) Jomard) played for UConn in the mid 1980's.  I found out about this from MIT women's basketball coach Sonia Raman's twitter feed, related to a reunion of members of the UConn teams from when Auriemma took over the reins in Storrs.  Good basketball pedigree, certainly.

The women had a terrific year also, winning the conference championship on three underdog victories before falling to #17 Marymount in the first round in a very close game.  Sonia Raman is one heck of a basketball coach herself.

That was a nice piece about MIT on d3hoops, by the way. I was at the Harvard game.  Harvard was bigger than I remember in recent years and extremely athletic.  The first few minutes it looked to me like they were going to run away with it, but a funny thing happened...the game was even up the rest of the way.  The usual pattern against Harvard has been that they get one big run on us, and even if it's fairly even after that, we're never able to close it up again.  That never happened this year.  My favorite moment was when Seth Towns went up to grab an offensive rebound and Nacho Nwana, who's nominally "only" giving up 7" to him, simply ripped it right out of his hands.  Nacho's really bright (and a very nice guy, as are his parents and brother), but there's a curious little gap in his vocabulary; I don't think he has ever learned the word fear.  I'm really happy for him that he won NEWMAC defensive player of the year.  He deserves that kind of recognition.

WPI89

rlk - not sure if you are a writer - but you should be if you not.  Well done.

amh63

rik...are you still working in the Pittsburg area?  Getting around these days, it seems :).  Have not been back in the Cambridge area in several years. Still working in your field of study?   My last prof. friend at MIT just retired recently...full professor in Course II. 

rlk

Quote from: amh63 on March 07, 2018, 03:33:03 PM
rik...are you still working in the Pittsburg area?  Getting around these days, it seems :).  Have not been back in the Cambridge area in several years. Still working in your field of study?   My last prof. friend at MIT just retired recently...full professor in Course II.

Never been to Pittsburgh; I've stayed in the Boston area ever since graduating in 1987.

Hugenerd

Im the MIT alum on these boards in the Pittsburgh area! Hoping for a good showing this weekend by the Engineers.

rlk

Quote from: WPI89 on March 07, 2018, 01:13:14 PM
rlk - not sure if you are a writer - but you should be if you not.  Well done.

Ryan Scott wrote the piece, which is indeed very well written.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The Sectional Round games are here. Soon 16 teams on both the men's and women's brackets will be whittled to eight ... and before we know it just four will remain.

Who will advance, who will fall short of the final weekend, and who is best prepared? Hard to answer all of those questions, but on Thursday's edition of Hoopsville Dave will have plenty of guests who will give us their insight on their programs.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE starting at 7pm ET right here:http://bit.ly/2FBCA0N.

If you have questions, be sure to email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or interact with the show via the social media avenues.

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Bob Amsberry, No. 2 Wartburg women's coach
- Brian Morehouse, No. 4 Hope women's coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Glenn Robinson, Franklin & Marshall men's coach
- Charlie Brock, Springfield men's coach
- Eric Bridgeland, No. 1 Whitman men's coach
- Jim Scheible, No. 16 Rochester women's coach

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts instead, you can get access to them or subscribe one of the three following ways (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

WPI89

Absolutely incredible!!!!

Hugenerd

Great showing for NEWMAC! Glad to see Jomard back.

BaboNation

What great games - a real credit to New England college basketball.

And, for the 3rd time in the last 4 years the Last Team Standing in New England resides in the NEWMAC!

This may be the 2nd best moment in conference history (2 teams in the Final 8) and the story isn't over yet!

Way to go Springfield and MIT!

I wonder how often the last team to make the field (Springfield) has ever advanced this far?

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: BaboNation on March 09, 2018, 09:58:43 PM

And, for the 3rd time in the last 4 years the Last Team Standing in New England resides in the NEWMAC!

This may be the 2nd best moment in conference history (2 teams in the Final 8) and the story isn't over yet!

I wonder how often the last team to make the field (Springfield) has ever advanced this far?

Unfortunately that would be an impossible question to answer, since the NCAA never reveals the order of selection.  I'd agree that Springfield was probably the last team in, but the only folks who know for sure ain't gonna tell! :D

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on March 09, 2018, 10:04:48 PM
Quote from: BaboNation on March 09, 2018, 09:58:43 PM

Unfortunately that would be an impossible question to answer, since the NCAA never reveals the order of selection.  I'd agree that Springfield was probably the last team in, but the only folks who know for sure ain't gonna tell! :D

They weren't the last team in... not from what I have been able to gather. Certainly not early or middle, but I think they went with a few rounds to spare at the very least.

I think the last one in could very well have been Brockport.