MBB: MAC Freedom League

Started by ljk, March 14, 2005, 09:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty2

Quote from: CCHoopster on February 19, 2017, 02:55:37 PM
Shocked that DVU pulled off the #1 seed. Could it be a magician season?

Playoff predictions:

DeSalles 79 DVU 73
Mis 88 Eastern 79

Mis 91 DeSales 77

Mis to the dance. Offensive firepower can get it done  this time of year and that's what Mis has.
Congrats on hitting the trifecta.
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

CCHoopster

If I was a gambling man, I'd be down quite a few dollars from the regular season heading into the playoffs. Congrats to Mis. A team that found a way through with some adversity this year.

kate

Good Luck to our two MAC Freedom teams playing in the post season.  Misericordia in the NCAA's and DeSales in the ECAC's!

lefty2

Long-time MAC Freedom and Landmark poster 'Cold Case' has moved on to that great chat room in the sky.  His obituary appears in the May 16 edition of the Wilkes-Barre Citizens Voice.  RIP.
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

bill

Wow...

Lefty, thanks for the news.

Cold Case, rest in peace - and best to all who knew you!!
"To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day."

CCHoopster

Saw the following on social media regarding incoming classes.

Eastern- high level transfer from Ithaca Gabe Perez a  6-5 forward. They also brought in a 6'8 frosh who looks good and several crafty shooting guards.

Del Val- returning 6'6 player they lost last year, D2 transfer, in conference transfer- Britton (Manhattanville). 6'5 wing frosh (looks good) and 6'6 shooting frosh.

Mis- JUCO transfer

DeSalea- 2 really good freshman. Bealer from Souderton HS and Edwards a forward from Harrisburg. Both can help Day 1.

A little August gossip.... be well all!

kate

Shout out to you CCHoopster - in a slow, gloomy summer, that's some great news!   Always glad to hear good stuff about DVU - thanks again!

CCHoopster

I was just looking through some coaches Twitter accounts and came across this info. They both had some highlights of incoming players or you can just google the players names  for online videos of them.

CCHoopster

Hello all:

Pre Season Polls are out for the Freedom:

Misericordia
Eastern
DeSales
Del Val
Wilkes
FDU
Manhattanville
Kings

I see 1-3 being most likely. I don't however see Del Val making the playoffs. I believe Wilkes and Manhattanville make a push for the 4 spot.

Predictions:

Misericordia
Eastern
DeSales
Wilkes
Manhattanville
Del Val/FDU tie
Kings

Almost time! Best of luck to all teams and coaches this season.

Reserved Seat

It will be interesting to see how F&M does against Misericordia on opening night.  F&M has 9 freshmen on their roster--four of them are 6'6" or taller.

F&M is picked to finish second in the CC barely beating out Dickinson.  Swarthmore is picked to win.

gordonmann

Del Val is going to be hard to gauge year to year because they are going to feature two-year transfers pretty prominently. That's part of the new coach's recruiting philosophy. Hit on a couple and they'll surprise people.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: gordonmann on November 10, 2017, 02:43:46 PM
Del Val is going to be hard to gauge year to year because they are going to feature two-year transfers pretty prominently. That's part of the new coach's recruiting philosophy. Hit on a couple and they'll surprise people.

Gordon, the only transfer that I'm aware of is Britton from MAC foe, Manhattanville. Dixon is a very deep reserve and Beck (Millersville) does not even appear on the roster online. I don't know if by "prominently", you meant in the year's to come, or this year. I hear that Misericordia landed a stud transfer who will be starting, along with the riches that they bring back (Kenny, Rivera, Harding, Fields) and that Eastern also landed an Ithaca transfer who started as a freshman up there and is slated to start at Eastern. DeSales is always good for a 1-AA or D2 transfer or two each year but I have no clue if that's the case this year. Losing studs like Williams and Kimbrough will certainly impact DelVal this year. I haven't seen them yet or heard much about them (other than from a DeSales player who doesn't expect much from them) so who knows. Looking at the roster, DelVal doesn't have much height and the little that it does have (besides Russell) weighs less than you!! :) Besides....................................

The Aggies have the #5 football team (Coaches Poll) in the country!! My alma mater doesn't even have a football team :(

gordonmann

Yeah, I meant over the next couple years. Not this year necessarily, though I'm surprised there are so few.

CCHoopster

I heard Beck is on campus sitting out, taking classes. A friend was at Del vals scrimmage at Abright (he is an alumni) and asked the coach about him- also said they were sloppy. Even with Beck who could have been maybe their best player, they don't have enough for the playoffs. Close to wilkes and Manhattanville IMO but behind them.

Really impressed with Easterns team on paper after seeing their roster. Well done! They'll challenge but CozenLaw is right, studs and riches at Mis. DeSales has two really good forwards and enough at PG to fill the 2 and 3. I easily see them and Mis in the finals again.

What's up at Kings?  Playoffs just a few short years ago and now a perennial last place team.  For a long time they were a very tough physical team with talent  on the roster.

NEPAFAN

Yeah not sure what is going on with Kings. Did they bring in anyone of note?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi