FB: New England Small College Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PBPOP20

Quote from: footballluv on December 06, 2017, 05:43:32 PM
My goodness guys. enough! It is D3 football and most of these guys will be closer to owning an NFL Franchise rather playing at that level.  These 4 years of ny playing will go by fast. I thought this was a chance to enhance the experience because I am not close to Maine and don't live in the Northeast. I hope this improves next season. The discourse here sucks.

I was new last year, and the discourse was not ugly last year as it was this year...  I believe this to be isolated... hang in.  This is one of the only places where NESCAC football is discussed, and there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here....

lumbercat

My goodness guys. enough! It is D3 football and most of these guys will be closer to owning an NFL Franchise rather playing at that level.  These 4 years of ny playing will go by fast. I thought this was a chance to enhance the experience because I am not close to Maine and don't live in the Northeast. I hope this improves next season. The discourse here sucks.

Footballluv

The discourse here has been awful and its primarily due to the obsession of Colby Football helicopter daddy developing an intense dislike for the Colby HC.
I think he's done now so hopefully the last series of angry, obsessed posts with be his swan song. The whole Colby HC situation is so far in his kitchen he basically doesn't know whether to s..t or wind his wrist watch.

I feel bad for his son who I respect as a player and competitor. Ironically its the doting helicopter father who repeatedly made an ass of himself while the kid played his butt off.

Don't let that guy influence your perception of Colby Football.....a lot of good parents, coaches and players up there and that comes from a Bates guy.

He was the Nescac equivalent of Lavar Ball.

middhoops

Quote from: lumbercat on December 06, 2017, 10:09:52 PM

Footballluv

The discourse here has been awful and its primarily due to the obsession of Colby Football helicopter daddy developing an intense dislike for the Colby HC.
I think he's done now so hopefully the last series of angry, obsessed posts with be his swan song. The whole Colby HC situation is so far in his kitchen he basically doesn't know whether to s..t or wind his wrist watch.

I feel bad for his son who I respect as a player and competitor. Ironically its the doting helicopter father who repeatedly made an ass of himself while the kid played his butt off.

Don't let that guy influence your perception of Colby Football.....a lot of good parents, coaches and players up there and that comes from a Bates guy.

He was the Nescac equivalent of Lavar Ball.
A tad unkind to LaVar Ball and totally understated, but completely accurate.
This board has been a civil, fun, varied and interesting one for years prior to this one.
And no one keeps it that way better than Lumbercat.

frank uible

Does anyone remember Ronnie Knox and his father?

ColbyFootball

Baker Mayfield is the first walk on to win the Heisman since the new era began with scholarships in the 1950's. You have to love stories like that. But can he do it at the next level? I hope so.

frank uible

It is hoped that Mayfield gets a good athletic supporter to better hold him.

nescac1

Maybe just a coincidence based on who I've happened to see announce, but Williams does seem to be focused on bringing in some muscle to complement all the speed and skill in last year's frosh class.  The Ephs lose all four guys from their DT rotation and their starting C, and badly need more depth on the OL as well, so some of the frosh will once again get chances for early impact, this time along both lines.  Here are the only recruits I've seen announce so far:

Xander Utecht, OG/DT
Aiden Feurer, DE/TE
Drake Mead, OG/DT
Desi O'Mahoney, LB/FB

O'Mahoney looks like a very good addition, he was the MVP of a BB&N program that sends a lot of guys on to NESCAC success. 

Trin9-0

I attended the Trinity football banquet a few weeks ago and was honored to present the program's most prestigious award, the 1935 Award, to quarterback Sonny Puzzo (who also won his second consecutive John E. Kelly Offensive Player of the Year Award).

Other award winners included:
Patrick McNamara Offensive Rookie of the Year - Koby Schofer (WR)
Dave "Moose" Poulin Defensive Rookie of the Year - Jimmy Christiano (DL)
Special Teams MVP - Eric Sachse (K)
Dan Jessee Blocking Award - Chris Simmons (OT)
Chad Mooney '74 Defensive MVP - Liam Kenneally (LB)
Scholar Athlete - Cliff David (FB/TE)

It was a tremendous evening and I came away even more impressed than I already was with the Trinity football program. In addition to the players, coaches, and families, there were many alumni in attendance as well as newly hired athletic director Drew Galbraith, the Dean of Admissions, Angel B. PĂ©rez, and the four person academic support staff who recognized all the players with a 3.5 GPA or higher (I would estimate that covered approximately 80% of the team, and included 90-95% of the senior class). The commitment to football at Trinity is evident and it appears to be paying dividends once again; by all accounts it has been a very fruitful recruiting season thus far for the Bantams who've received 19 early decision commitments already. Thus far the class is highlighted by Brian Casagrande (LB/FB) who is arguably the best defensive player in Connecticut and recently won a state championship at Daniel Hand High School in Madison.

The event concluded with a 2017 highlight film which can be viewed here: https://spark.adobe.com/page/z76fFy9e6pSfS/

Go Bants!
NESCAC CHAMPIONS: 1974, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1987, 1991, 1993, 1996, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2023
UNDEFEATED SEASONS: 1911, 1915, 1934, 1949, 1954, 1955, 1993, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2022

bsc73

just curious. i thought NESCAC schools weren't able to tell students that they were admitted until they heard from admissions. How does trinity have early commits? Are they all holding their breath hoping they get in?  :)

nescac1

bsc73, NESCAC schools have all, I believe, issued their Early Decision admissions letters.  So these guys all likely got in ED ...

NED3Guy

Very quiet so far on the Colby coaching search. A few names had surfaced initially, and some had thought that the Holy Cross opening would thin the applicant pool and possibly slow the search down a bit while that played out.

The Cross made their hire. It wasn't any of the names linked to Colby rumors... Wondering what the timetable is for Colby now. Would have to think they have a coach hired by beginning of second semester..... Right?

ColbyFootball

Quote from: NED3Guy on December 16, 2017, 01:24:03 PM
Very quiet so far on the Colby coaching search. A few names had surfaced initially, and some had thought that the Holy Cross opening would thin the applicant pool and possibly slow the search down a bit while that played out.

The Cross made their hire. It wasn't any of the names linked to Colby rumors... Wondering what the timetable is for Colby now. Would have to think they have a coach hired by beginning of second semester..... Right?
They appear to be taking a very thorough thoughtful approach. The President got together with the players as a group to get their input, and some lunches may be scheduled with players and applicants. I believe they are committed to winning and the AD is going to help get it done. Lots of welcome fresh
air up on Mayflower Hill. Good times are coming.

meadowdale

Quote from: ColbyFootball on December 16, 2017, 03:08:55 PM
Quote from: NED3Guy on December 16, 2017, 01:24:03 PM

They appear to be taking a very thorough thoughtful approach. The President got together with the players as a group to get their input, and some lunches may be scheduled with players and applicants. I believe they are committed to winning and the AD is going to help get it done. Lots of welcome fresh
air up on Mayflower Hill. Good times are coming.

They realize that this is recruiting time right? School that needs good players who also value a education, you better get
a move on..

nescac1

Updated list of Eph committed recruits (of course there are a bunch more, I've just seen these announced):

Xander Utecht, OG/DT
Aiden Feurer, DE/TE
Drake Mead, OG/DT
Desi O'Mahoney, LB/FB
Coleston Smith, LB
Jackson Bischoping, QB
Rocco Giandomenico, DB