FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffMan, MediaGuy and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

OzJohnnie

I didn't know anything about Klatt other than he played NHL hockey. I looked him up on Wikipedia and it turns out he was coaching bantam hockey in GR until he got the varsity squad last year (Taking third in his first year and the championship in his second. The UoM may steal him like they did Lucia.). His coaching partner in the bantam ranks was GR native and also NHL pro Scott Kleinendorst.

Small town Minnesota must be littered with NHL talent that has returned to coach a new generation. Very fortunate.
[  

sjusection105

Oz- check out this site: http://history.vintagemnhockey.com/page/show/729534-home
-Icons
-State Tourney
-Arenas

That will keep you busy for a while  ;)
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

repete

Not sure U of M "stole" Lucia, Oz. He was on a pretty steady college coaching arc for a long time.

To steer this back toward football, Don's father Mario coached in Bigfork in the '50s. Had a reputation as a hard-nosed guy. Don told me one time Bigfork played horribly his dad stopped the bus a mile from the school and had the team push it the rest of the way.

Great site, 105. +K

Mr.MIAC

Ratbacker

Well looks like the Johnnies are still looking for a game September 9th. Options appear to be few with Franklin Ind, Willamette Ore, Buffalo St, St John Fisher NY, Utica NY and Western Connecticut the only D3 teams left without games that weekend. Connecticut and Oregon are a long ways to travel and Upstate New York is no picnic as far as travel is concerned. Franklin seems to be a logical choice but the have a solid program so it wouldn't be an Automatic W. Sans that they could find an NAIA team or play 9. I guess at this point playing 9 may be an option.

sjusection105

Quote from: Ratbacker on March 13, 2017, 10:32:01 AM
Well looks like the Johnnies are still looking for a game September 9th. Options appear to be few with Franklin Ind, Willamette Ore, Buffalo St, St John Fisher NY, Utica NY and Western Connecticut the only D3 teams left without games that weekend. Connecticut and Oregon are a long ways to travel and Upstate New York is no picnic as far as travel is concerned. Franklin seems to be a logical choice but the have a solid program so it wouldn't be an Automatic W. Sans that they could find an NAIA team or play 9. I guess at this point playing 9 may be an option.
This is too bad. I'm wondering who was asleep at the wheel on this one? Instead of looking for a sacrificial lamb (Buena Vista) take a tougher match up and increase strength of schedule. Win challenging non-conference games instead of beating Buena Vista  56-7.

How does playing St. Scholastica,Buena Vista,St. Olaf in succession prepare a team the play St. Thomas in week 4? I'm just saying that putting in a little tougher schedule on the front end will prepare you for the middle.
Rant over  >:(
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

art76

We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you this update: http://www.kare11.com/sports/high-school/the-2017-minnesota-all-hockey-hair-team/422265500

A little iambic pucktameter with your morning coffee

Great lines -"Are those mud flaps on your 18 wheeler? Surely, you must be from La Verne."
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

miac952

Quote from: art76 on March 14, 2017, 09:30:57 AM
We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you this update: http://www.kare11.com/sports/high-school/the-2017-minnesota-all-hockey-hair-team/422265500

Great lines -"Are those mud flaps on your 18 wheeler? Surely, you must be from La Verne."

"Hair - Man - Town"  ;D ;D

Still can't get over the Mahtomedi kid. The fu man shu, the flow, the name...Dallas Duckson. Even scarier is the fact he is only a JR.

scottyeagle93

Ugh.  Hockey hair has never appealed to me, and I will never understand why so many people go gaga over it.  I come from the southern part of the state, so hockey was always second (and maybe even third) fiddle to basketball and wrestling.  That may play a big part of it, that I'm not as into hockey culture, but the hair has seemed to have gotten overhyped especially in recent years.

And, since this isn't the hockey board, I'll type "football" for good measure. 

retagent

Regan "Olive" Garden. Unlimited salad.

A couple of these young men made both the video and the All-State teams. Which was the biggest honor?

retagent

Quote from: scottyeagle93 on March 15, 2017, 12:42:27 PM

Ugh.  Hockey hair has never appealed to me, and I will never understand why so many people go gaga over it.  I come from the southern part of the state, so hockey was always second (and maybe even third) fiddle to basketball and wrestling.  That may play a big part of it, that I'm not as into hockey culture, but the hair has seemed to have gotten overhyped especially in recent years.

And, since this isn't the hockey board, I'll type "football" for good measure. 

Lacrosse also has a culture that seems to have a soft spot for "Flow" as well. I wonder if there could be a "Flow-off?"

DuffMan

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

faunch

Quote from: DuffMan on March 15, 2017, 01:35:31 PM
The Estates Bed & Breakfast to open in St. Joseph

This is funny.  "The Estates" was, in my day, am SJU party house.

I wonder if they will have keg tapped and $5 up charge for a cup?

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

HansenRatings

Quote from: faunch on March 15, 2017, 01:55:54 PM
Quote from: DuffMan on March 15, 2017, 01:35:31 PM
The Estates Bed & Breakfast to open in St. Joseph

This is funny.  "The Estates" was, in my day, am SJU party house.

I wonder if they will have keg tapped and $5 up charge for a cup?

In my four years of college, I saw the the price of a solo cup increase from the standard $5 to $10 by my senior year. As a native Minnesotan once said, "The times, they are a-changin".
Follow me on Twitter. I post fun graphs sometimes. @LogHanRatings