MBB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by sac, February 19, 2005, 11:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fifth and Putnam

It would be nearly a home Final 4 if Trine ever made it to that point. Based out of the Toledo area, I plan on getting down to the Final 4 regardless of the teams involved.

ziggy

Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 20, 2017, 01:03:16 PM
My apologies to the MIAA folks for this non-MIAA digression. To make up for it, let me ask you all a general question: Given the proximity of the MIAA fan base to Fort Wayne, how many of you would consider going to the Final Four once it's relocated there, even if your preferred team does not get that far?

I would consider it.

sac

Kzoo won men's tennis title #79 in a row this week.  They have not lost a singles or doubles match within the MIAA duals in 2 years.

Nice article from the Detroit News
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/2017/04/20/kalamazoo-tennis-goes-streaking-years-counting/100701810/

Flying Dutch Fan

Definitely be doing a day trip to Ft Wayne when the championships are played there.
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

sac

Sean Corcoran  6-6  F  Flint Powers Catholic by way of Mott CC will attend Trine. 

I believe he would be a JR eligibility wise.

sac

Forrest Bouyer III     5-11 G Lansing Christian will attend Calvin.

sac

I went to see Lansing Christian play at the end of the regular season on Sr. night.  This was my introduction to Forrest Bouyer #23 (Calvin) and Preston Granger  #51 (Hope).  Both have good chances to contribute for each school next season.

https://twitter.com/ZachBerridge/status/836766819650318337

scottiedawg

NAMEHtCOLLEGEHSNOTE
Sam Colbert6'1AdrianIndianapolis Broad Ripple
Trevor Davis5'8AdrianMidland Dow
Jaylen Ross6'1AlbionChippewa Valley
Justin Stezowski6'0AlbionHamilton
Reese Middleton6'4AlmaPerry
Jason Majerle6'0AlmaRockford
Emmett Warners6'5CalvinGrand Rapids Christian
Truman Hillis6'4CalvinCaledonia
Derek Jay6'3CalvinSt. Mary's
Forrest Bouyer III5'11CalvinLansing Christian
Ryan Gamm6'7HopeRockford
Max Gaishin6'7HopeStevensville Lakeshore
Preston Granger6'6HopeLansing ChristianFREEP "Next 50"
Bill Woodhams6'4HopeOtsego
Sam Tilden6'3HopeZeeland
Jake Honer6'3HopeAngola
Caleb Hoekstra6'1HopeEast Lansing
Calvin Hackert6'1HopeLudington
Owen Jozefowicz6'9KalamazooBerkley
Jordan Currie6'6KalamazooAnn Arbor Pioneer
Merritt Hamann6'6KalamazooMontague
Thomas Cook6'6KalamazooGrand Blanc
Calder Pellerin6'6KalamazooSaline
Daniel Black6'4KalamazooAnn Arbor Skyline
Jeremiah Vincent6'2KalamazooKalamazoo Central
CJ Foster5'7KalamazooBattle Creek Lakeview
Logan Guenther6'3OlivetCheboygan 
DeAndre' Robinson6'3OlivetEast Lansing
Donnie Alford6'0OlivetWyoming
Delbert Redfield5'10OlivetOlivet HS
Sean Corcoran6'6TrineFlint Powers Catholic
Luke DeHahn6'5TrineIndiana Faith Christian School
Paris Partee6'3TrineHolly
Joe Smith5'10TrineElkhart Memorial

Counts
Hope8
Kalamazoo8
Olivet4
Trine4
Calvin4
Alma2
Adrian2
Albion2

Mr. Ypsi

Wow, did the 'A teams' deliberately recruit so few, or did it just happen that way?  And except perhaps for Reese Middleton at Alma, they would appear to all be guards - again, deliberate or just how it came down?

As to the FF in FW - I would definitely consider it, though would probably make a weekend of it as neither Mrs. Y (if she joins me) nor I is very comfortable with night driving anymore.  I used to love it - aging's a bitch! :P

sac

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on April 27, 2017, 05:42:21 PM
Wow, did the 'A teams' deliberately recruit so few, or did it just happen that way?  And except perhaps for Reese Middleton at Alma, they would appear to all be guards - again, deliberate or just how it came down?

Wouldn't read anything into it, last year at almost this same time we had 34 announced commitments exactly the same as today, 16 of them were Alma and Albion.  Its just the randomness of both public announcements and posters finding them.

sac

Kylen Brown 5-9  PG  Michigan Center will attend Olivet.

Brown was the Jackson Citizen Patriot player of the year.

This article:
http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/news/article/7399286190865121207/michigan-centers-kylen-brown-named-citizen-patriot-boys-basketball-player-of-the-year/

....mentions 5-10 teammate Austin McKenzie may also be attending Olivet.

TUAngola

Nate Walpole 6'0" G Whitko HS, South Whitley, IN picks Adrian

7th leading scorer in the entire state of Indiana regardless of class.  Close to 27 ppg.

This is a guy I am disappointed that Trine did not get.

http://www.inkfreenews.com/2017/04/21/whitko-basketball-walpole-thinks-pure-michigan-for-college-choice/

goodknight

Luke Morrison, 6-3 shooting guard from Northridge High School in Middlebury, Indiana, to Calvin.

Jason Walter, 6-6 forward from Lake Michigan College (Coloma High School 2015), transfers to Calvin with junior eligibility.

sac

Eddie Thigpen  6-6  F  Saginaw will attend Olivet