FB: Region 4 fan poll

Started by DPU3619, September 09, 2011, 09:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FCGrizzliesGrad

I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I've changed my ballot up so many times and every time it's a different change. I know my top 2... and then it's chaos on down to 14 or 15. I think I've finally settled on my 10 to submit... but I thought that 15 minutes and 3 changes ago too. :-\
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

HScoach

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 16, 2017, 08:25:38 PM
YIKES!!  Wheaton 42, NCC 20. :o

What a mess in the NRFP!

So much for a clear #2 behind Mount in the north!   

On a bigger scale, I'm really curious what the NCAA is going to do with the seedings for the playoffs with Linfield having a loss, Whitewater being out, the CCIW not having an undefeated champ, etc.   As of today 3 of the top seeds are pretty obvious with MHB, Mount and Oshkosh but who is the 4th?  St Thomas even though they have a loss?  Del Valley is likely to remain undefeated but can anyone serious consider them a #1 seed?   My guess is St Thomas at 9-1 as the last #1 seed.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

jknezek

If Brockport can run the table in the E8 they will look pretty good. OOC wins over Hobart, Ithica, and St. Lawrence will give them a decent SOS mathematically. Hobart and Ithica are likely to be in the running for the LL and over .500. St.L not so much obviously. Still, come out of the E8 undefeated and in a year like this you might get a sniff.

wally_wabash

I think Del Val is an option. That win over Wesley is a nice chip to play. Wartburg is lurking around out there without a loss as well.  It'll be interesting to see how the east and west RACs order their teams.
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

D3MAFAN

If everything holds true, either Brockport or Delaware Valley will have the #1 Seed. However, will either Delaware Valley or Brockport escape the first two rounds. We may have a situation like 2011 where Delaware Valley was the #1 seed but loss to St. John Fisher (8-2 at large team).

Dr. Acula

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on October 17, 2017, 08:42:44 AM
I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I've changed my ballot up so many times and every time it's a different change. I know my top 2... and then it's chaos on down to 14 or 15. I think I've finally settled on my 10 to submit... but I thought that 15 minutes and 3 changes ago too. :-\

It's really tough right now.  Lots of circular reasoning leading you no where. 

I just sent Wally my ballot this morning.  I'm sure I was the hold up so I do apologize.

Captain_Joe08

Sent mine in this morning too. Had to juggle a few teams.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

wally_wabash

One of the more interesting polls we've done.  Nothing makes sense! 
NRFP through games of Week 7:

click to enlarge

And also welcome to our 10th voter, HOPEful! 

The NRFP is voted on by: Captain_Joe08, Dr. Acula, FCGrizzliesGrad, HOPEful, Li'l Giant, Mr Ypsi, NCF,  smedindy, USee, and wally wabash.
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Mr. Ypsi

To my everlasting shame, I am column three.  My diploma may be revoked if anyone sees that I had IWU #5, lowest of any voter!  (Hey!  No one can call me a 'homer'! 8-))  I was carried away a bit by the second half demolition Wheaton did on NCC (I didn't think ANY D3 team could paste 35 points on the NCC defense in one half! :o)  It could be worse - on my national ballot I had 2-loss Wheaton #8 in the whole country! ::)

Fortunately, the games this Saturday (Witt @ DePauw, Carthage @ IWU, Hope @ Trine, Franklin @ RHIT, etc.) should make for a brand new poll landscape next week, erasing any memories of this week's poll! ;)

FCGrizzliesGrad

I was column 9. Further off my ballot were 11 Heidelberg, 12 Wabash, 13 Trine, 14 Carthage

Lots of opinions on the ordering of Illinois Wesleyan, North Central, and Wheaton (and this isn't even throwing in the 4 ballots that had Millikin or Carthage in the mix)
IWU, NCC, WC 5 ballots
WC, NCC, IWU 2
NCC, IWU, WC 2
IWU, WC, NCC 1

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

wally_wabash

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on October 18, 2017, 10:42:41 PM
I was column 9. Further off my ballot were 11 Heidelberg, 12 Wabash, 13 Trine, 14 Carthage

Lots of opinions on the ordering of Illinois Wesleyan, North Central, and Wheaton (and this isn't even throwing in the 4 ballots that had Millikin or Carthage in the mix)
IWU, NCC, WC 5 ballots
WC, NCC, IWU 2
NCC, IWU, WC 2
IWU, WC, NCC 1

One of the more interesting parts of the poll.  I wasn't sure what people were going to do with the Wheaton/NCC result- I barely knew what to do with it, if I'm honest.  I'm the fourth column and my order was: IWU 2, NCC 3, Millikin 5, Wheaton 6, Carthage 7.  When processing that Wheaton/NCC game, I eventually landed on giving Wheaton partial credit.  I felt like the circumstances were so strange that it was just difficult to give Wheaton full credit for that result (opponent and margin).  Had that whole thing happened on Saturday night, my ballot plays out quite differently.  I thought I'd be the oddball on that, but it turns out that most of us did something similar. 

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: wally_wabash on October 19, 2017, 08:36:55 AM
Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on October 18, 2017, 10:42:41 PM

IWU, NCC, WC 5 ballots
WC, NCC, IWU 2
NCC, IWU, WC 2
IWU, WC, NCC 1

One of the more interesting parts of the poll.  I wasn't sure what people were going to do with the Wheaton/NCC result- I barely knew what to do with it, if I'm honest.  I'm the fourth column and my order was: IWU 2, NCC 3, Millikin 5, Wheaton 6, Carthage 7.  When processing that Wheaton/NCC game, I eventually landed on giving Wheaton partial credit.  I felt like the circumstances were so strange that it was just difficult to give Wheaton full credit for that result (opponent and margin).  Had that whole thing happened on Saturday night, my ballot plays out quite differently.  I thought I'd be the oddball on that, but it turns out that most of us did something similar.
Interestingly, if you take the 4 north voters out, the remaining Top 25 voters had 3 order them IWU, WC, NCC and 3 had them NCC, IWU, WC so none of them agreed with our most popular choice of IWU, NCC, WC

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

HOPEful

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 18, 2017, 10:22:16 PM
Fortunately, the games this Saturday (Witt @ DePauw, Carthage @ IWU, Hope @ Trine, Franklin @ RHIT, etc.) should make for a brand new poll landscape next week, erasing any memories of this week's poll! ;)
This. I've given Wittenberg, DePauw, Hope, and Trine the benefit of the doubt. Maybe deep down I want to believe the best team(s) in the MIAA and NCAC are still better than the 4th and 5th team in the CCIW... After this weekend, that belief will strengthen for two of these teams and potentially be shattered for the other two...
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

wally_wabash

I do think the CCIW is legitimately deeper this year than it has been.  There are five quality teams there without question.  Millikin has beaten Wheaton and RHIT and two voters still don't have Millikin in the 10 (one of those two has RHIT in, which is kind of weird).  I get the unease that comes with ranking so many teams from one conference in this regional poll, but the results to date kind of warrant it.  Those h2h's are coming that will sort it out a little more for us. 

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: wally_wabash on October 19, 2017, 09:50:41 AM
I do think the CCIW is legitimately deeper this year than it has been.  There are five quality teams there without question.  Millikin has beaten Wheaton and RHIT and two voters still don't have Millikin in the 10 (one of those two has RHIT in, which is kind of weird).  I get the unease that comes with ranking so many teams from one conference in this regional poll, but the results to date kind of warrant it.  Those h2h's are coming that will sort it out a little more for us.
I was originally going to move RHIT ahead of Millikin but kept them the same. Millikin has that 4 point win on Wheaton... but lost by 30 to North Central and came from behind to survive Augustana by 1. Carthage meanwhile has lost to Wheaton by 22 and their signature win is to a mediocre Bethel team (a few years ago it'd be impressive but not this year). I'm predicting they lose their next 3 against IWU, Millikin, and NCC or at the very best go 1-2.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer