Author Topic: Future College World Series Host  (Read 3074 times)

Offline Jim Dixon

• D3baseball.com Guru
  • Global Moderator
  • All-Region
  • Managing Editor, D3baseball.com
    • View Profile
Re: Future College World Series Host
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2017, 05:41:05 pm »
Any updates on potential sites for the 2019 D3 Series? I'd love to see it in the Twin Cities on the turf at Seibert Field.

I doubt we will know anything time soon.

Offline Just Bill

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2017, 01:55:25 pm »
This was the original request for bids document for 2018-19 to 2021-22. The D-III baseball championship is included in this. The original timeline indicated an announcement would be made in December 2016, but clearly that didn't happen. I suspect the entire process was delayed due to the ramifications of the NCAA pulling a number of championships from North Carolina. I imagine we will find out by the end of March. As you can see in this document, bidding for a championship is quite a process...

http://67.227.214.227/~bidsncaa/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/General-Bid-Specifications-2018-2022-FINAL.pdf
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Offline Just Bill

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2017, 01:58:47 pm »
I'd love to see it hosted by Hamline (or St. Thomas... or even the MIAC) at Seibert Field (Home of U of MN).

Can't see that happening (U of M practices at Siebert, don't they?), but Hamline is the 2nd tenant at CHS.

Do you know where there would be a master list of games at US Bank Stadium?

Here's the full list of U.S. Bank Stadium baseball games, minus the Gophers. Minnesota is playing all of their non-conference home games there.

https://www.usbankstadium.com/events/us-bank-stadium-baseball-games

Gophers schedule: http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-basebl/sched/minn-m-basebl-sched.html
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:01:08 pm by Just Bill »

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Offline Ralph Turner

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2017, 02:31:40 pm »
I'd love to see it hosted by Hamline (or St. Thomas... or even the MIAC) at Seibert Field (Home of U of MN).

Can't see that happening (U of M practices at Siebert, don't they?), but Hamline is the 2nd tenant at CHS.

Here's the full list of U.S. Bank Stadium baseball games, minus the Gophers. Minnesota is playing all of their non-conference home games there.

Gophers schedule: http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-basebl/sched/minn-m-basebl-sched.html
If US Bank stadium were to get the D3 Championships, I can imagine an incredible number of teams, all throughout the spring, who might come in the non-conference to play a few games at the site, to acclimate to "indoor" ball. That might set up "dream matches" somewhere other than Florida.

Offline Just Bill

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2017, 10:00:22 am »

If US Bank stadium were to get the D3 Championships, I can imagine an incredible number of teams, all throughout the spring, who might come in the non-conference to play a few games at the site, to acclimate to "indoor" ball. That might set up "dream matches" somewhere other than Florida.
That would be a terrible D-III World Series venue, IMO. If the Twin Cities is in play, it would need to be CHS Field.

Offline Jim Dixon

• D3baseball.com Guru
  • Global Moderator
  • All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2017, 11:01:21 am »
I would prefer a grass field but indoor would allow me to make travel arrangements to get home in time for my weekly basketball game.  Something I miss by scheduling a rain day in my travel schedule.

Offline Baseball Geek

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2017, 12:44:51 pm »

That would be a terrible D-III World Series venue, IMO. If the Twin Cities is in play, it would need to be CHS Field.

I agree completely. They would have to do a much better job with the field as well as the fan experience to come close to competing with Appleton.

Offline Jim Dixon

• D3baseball.com Guru
  • Global Moderator
  • All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2017, 02:45:39 pm »
The reason we are thinking about alternate sites is that they do not have to compete with Appleton.

I am curious where I will be spending my first week in June.

Offline Jack Parkman

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2017, 05:20:48 pm »
I saw the D2 CWS was moved to Airhogs Stadium in Grand Prarie, TX and I will say that it's a great location due to the ease of travel...but the fact that there would likely be 6-7 or even 8 flights to get everyone there for D3. 

Offline BigPoppa

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Carthage Baseball
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2017, 02:52:57 pm »
Why not in Omaha a few weeks before the D1 World Series? Would be a nice ramp up for a city that knows how to do it. There has to be a local school that could serve as host.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Offline Jack Parkman

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2017, 03:57:07 pm »
Why not in Omaha a few weeks before the D1 World Series? Would be a nice ramp up for a city that knows how to do it. There has to be a local school that could serve as host.

I love the idea.  If you have never been to Omaha to watch the CWS, you are missing out.  Even if they played it at Werner Park where the Omaha Storm Chasers (awesome name) play, it would be such a cool city to host.

Offline Jim Dixon

• D3baseball.com Guru
  • Global Moderator
  • All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2017, 11:32:32 pm »

I love the idea.  If you have never been to Omaha to watch the CWS, you are missing out.  Even if they played it at Werner Park where the Omaha Storm Chasers (awesome name) play, it would be such a cool city to host.

Nebraska Wesleyan is in Lincoln and has an Omaha campus

Offline Pat Coleman

• D3sports.com Guru
  • Administrator
  • All-American
  • Check the front page or FAQs before you ask.
    • View Profile
    • D3sports.com
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2017, 01:51:11 pm »
Omaha is not particularly local to Division III.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Let's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.