Candidates Forum for Presidency of U.S. Soccer

Started by Ejay, November 11, 2017, 03:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ejay

Ejay

Gans and Wynalda seem to be the frontrunners with regards to having a strong and appropriate background while clearly being able to communicate their position.

blooter442

I am somewhat inclined to support Steve Gans, as he went to my alma mater, and his son plays for their men's team. That said, I'd need to know more about his platform before throwing my support fully behind him, although I do think we need a change from Gulati.

Buck O.

Quote from: blooter442 on November 11, 2017, 03:35:08 PM
I am somewhat inclined to support Steve Gans, as he went to my alma mater, and his son plays for their men's team. That said, I'd need to know more about his platform before throwing my support fully behind him, although I do think we need a change from Gulati.

Seriously, if you want to know more about his platform, you should ask him.  I had a nice chat with him at halftime of the Brandeis-Tufts game (I know him because our sons used to play together on Bolts teams years ago), and I've seen him or his wife at other Brandeis games, so I think they attend them as much as they can.  He's very approachable and I'm sure he'd be happy to chat.

blooter442

Quote from: Buck O. on November 11, 2017, 09:50:37 PM
Seriously, if you want to know more about his platform, you should ask him.  I had a nice chat with him at halftime of the Brandeis-Tufts game (I know him because our sons used to play together on Bolts teams years ago), and I've seen him or his wife at other Brandeis games, so I think they attend them as much as they can.  He's very approachable and I'm sure he'd be happy to chat.

Thanks for the advice -- he seems like a reasonable guy. I am not sure whether I'll be there tomorrow, but would definitely welcome the opportunity to learn more about what his ideas are. I just don't want to be the guy blindly supporting someone because of allegiances without knowing the details. From what I have read, he is well-spoken and well-versed in a variety of levels of soccer.

Mr.Right

Plus Bloots...A job at the Federation could be in your grasp...Once in the USSF there is almost no way out

blooter442

Quote from: Mr.Right on November 11, 2017, 09:56:54 PM
Plus Bloots...A job at the Federation could be in your grasp...Once in the USSF there is almost no way out

Bahahaha 😂 😂

Mr.Right

Who would have ever guessed...From basic failure from his days at Cornell to US Head Coach from being friends with Arena..In his Ivy league days Sarachan was not known for his tactical acumen.

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/story/3267513/united-states-shouldnt-start-from-scratch-after-world-cup-failure-dave-sarachan

sokermom

Quote from: Mr.Right on November 12, 2017, 04:29:09 PM
Who would have ever guessed...From basic failure from his days at Cornell to US Head Coach from being friends with Arena..In his Ivy league days Sarachan was not known for his tactical acumen.

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/story/3267513/united-states-shouldnt-start-from-scratch-after-world-cup-failure-dave-sarachan

Yeah looks like he just rode the coat tails of Bruce Arena.  Hope he won't be in the running for the job. 

Mr.Right

Yea he has no shot...But back to the Ivies you used to have some battles...

Dave Sarachan-Cornell
Bob Bradley-Princeton
Bobby Clarke-Dartmouth

An then the OVERMATCHED  Steve Griggs at Yale and Steve Locker at Harvard who both were kinda clueless about soccer...The good ol days

Mr.Right

Did not know where to stick this so i will stick it here...

Our Messiah friends forgot to mention this

http://www.riverhounds.com/news_article/show/856481?referrer_id=2869748