MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diplomaniac1

Swish -

Any thoughts on the starting line-up for the 2005-2006 season? At this point, I suppose its: Outerbridge, Smith, Teschke, and Leonard. I think F&M's biggest need is inside at the Center position. Who starts there - Fogg (finally in his senior year) or does Coach Robinson go with one of the underclassmen -Lacatena or Hines, etc? I think we should have decent depth at guard and small forward. Any comments?

Eric

John Gleich

Diplomat,

If you "applaud" a post, the person gets +1 karma.  If you "smite" someone, then they get -1 karma.
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

cc_fan

Dennis Stanton averaged 41 points per game in Denmark.  He is continuing his professional basketball career at a higher level in Poland next year.

swish

As you said, the middle will be the unknown piece of the puzzle this year. G-Rob could go with several different big line-ups based upon who is returning. I'm anxious to see if they bring a freshman in that is good enough to see time. Do you know anything about any of this years recruits?

diplomaniac1

Swish -

I haven't heard anything about new freshman recruits or upperclass transfers. F&M usually takes quite awhile to post its team roster on the Athletic Department webpage. I have been told in the past that the delay is due to the roster still being finalized. However, if I hear anything, I will certainly post it.

Eric

diplomaniac1

Folks -

Welcome Back! Now that the colleges are back in session, I thought that this board might get busier with more comments and more posters and more "trash-talkers".

Are there any Centennial Conference fans out there? Does anyone have interesting infromation, scouting reports, predictions, or boasts to share?

Let the updates begin! Regards to all

Eric

diplomaniac1

Fellow Centennial Conference Fans -

Here is a link to an interesting non-basketball-related news article on F&M Coach Glenn Robinson. Enjoy!

http://server1.fandm.edu/departments/athletics/mbasket/stories/05D7956CB2.html

Only on month to go until pratice begins and two months to go until the season starts! Go Diplomats!

Regards to all.

Eric

diplomaniac1

D3Dip-lo-nut, Fritzdis, Slim, Swish, et. al. -

Just a quick note to let you know that F&M has now posted its 2005-2006 schedule on the Men's Basketball page of its website.  ;D Yea!

Ten days to "Midnight Madness" and just over six weeks until the season begins. Finally!!! I can hardly wait. Bring on the season.

Does anyone have information on recruits. Please advise.

Regards to all.

Eric

swish

Well, I guess we'll find out how good we're going to be in a hurry. Starting out with Gwynedd-Mercy - they lost their big guy but still have some good athletes. If we get by them we'll probably face Trinity who, my guess is, will be in the pre-season top 10. They have everyone coming back this year except for their point guard. So who do they get - a 6'2" transfer PG from Boston University that saw playing time as a sophomore. Should be an interesting touney.

patcummings

No way GMC is anywhere near where they have been without Gaye.

That being said, I'm sure John Baron is reading this and will find a way to go 20-5.

Or not.

Getting revved for the season.

swish

Pat-
I agree. Losing Gaye is a big hit. But remember, F&M lost both Lynches and I think Bob played in the game aginst GM before he got hurt. It will be interesting to see who (if anybody) steps up for F&M this year. They have three starters back but only one is a senior. Fogg,Chasen and Leonard all got significant time last year even though they didn't start. They should be able to fill some holes. Then any freshman which we seem to get every year as role players. My prediction- 20-5 with Ursinus winning the Conference.

oldfummer

Did anyone attend the Midnight Madness at F&M last night?  Would like a scouting report, especially on newbies.  Any new talent - any height?

Reserved Seat

Attended F&M Midnight Madness
Hard to tell about the talent.
One wide body freshman, but looked out of shape.
One transfer with potential-average height.(six-five or six-six)
Hard to judge only scrimmaged for 20 minutes, and many freshmen, as expected, were out of sync.

heartofachampion

The word on campus is F&M should be good this year, only time will tell.  But I cannot wait till the season starts.  I am expecting great things from Brandon Smith this year.