MBB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by miac newbie, February 17, 2005, 03:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piperinsider

Nice call on the Indiana and BSU link. I knew there had to be something because the Hoosiers don't just pick up a directory and say, let's play a team from northern MN.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: localcoach on September 15, 2008, 11:02:00 AMAs far as Bemidji State goes, not only is Coach Matthew Bowen of BSU a former Indiana grad and former manager for the Hoosiers, but current Hoosier Assistant Tim Buckley is a Bemidji State grad as well.  Put two and two together and this game makes sense.

Quote from: piperinsider on September 15, 2008, 12:41:47 PM
Nice call on the Indiana and BSU link. I knew there had to be something because the Hoosiers don't just pick up a directory and say, let's play a team from northern MN.

Agreed. Whenever you see an out-of-state team from a lower division playing a higher-division team (D3 @ D1 or D2, or D2 @ D1), it's almost always because there's some sort of personal connection between the two coaching staffs or athletic administrators.

Quote from: localcoach on September 15, 2008, 11:02:00 AMThat Winona team was special and teams like that at the D2 level just don't come along very often.  When was the last time (if ever ???) that a D2 team went to the national championship game 3 years in a row.

Kentucky Wesleyan went to the D2 national championship game six years in a row from 1998 thru 2003, winning two of those six games. The '99 and '01 wins represented D2 titles #8 and #9 for KWC, which ranks only behind UCLA in terms of national championships in men's basketball.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

TearDrop

First and foremost, I did not think that you were trying to pick on me or bully me either.

Second, I see your point with my gramatical mistake. What it comes down to is the fact that I was basically trying to say what you said in your statement in that I dont think that Bemidji stands a chance either because they are not a top D2 team. The comparison that I was trying to draw was  that there have been D2 teams that beat D1 teams even if the D1 team is from a major conference. And yes, I will admit that the Winona team is a special one but I believe it was last year that Michigan St got knocked off by Grand Valley St.

And finally, dont worry, I think that it would take someone a little more relevant than me with my less than 10 posts to tarnish your Professor Sunshine reputation!!  :)

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: TearDrop on September 15, 2008, 01:31:44 PM
First and foremost, I did not think that you were trying to pick on me or bully me either.

Second, I see your point with my gramatical mistake. What it comes down to is the fact that I was basically trying to say what you said in your statement in that I dont think that Bemidji stands a chance either because they are not a top D2 team. The comparison that I was trying to draw was  that there have been D2 teams that beat D1 teams even if the D1 team is from a major conference. And yes, I will admit that the Winona team is a special one but I believe it was last year that Michigan St got knocked off by Grand Valley St.

And finally, dont worry, I think that it would take someone a little more relevant than me with my less than 10 posts to tarnish your Professor Sunshine reputation!!  :)

If Greg was actually worried (which I doubt ;)), it would be because of your less than 10 posts!  We try to be gentle with 'newbies', unless they are obvious trolls (which you clearly are not).  Welcome aboard!

Nites

Quote from: Gregory Sager on September 15, 2008, 09:55:55 AM
I'm not trying to pick on Tear Drop or bully him ... honest! I'm just baffled by the whole idea that somehow Bemidji State could give Indiana a good game in November just because Winona State beat Minnesota in an exhibition game prior to the 2006-07 season.

Continuing with Logic 101 to the initial illogical conclusion, St. Thomas would be a lock  ;) to beat the Hoosiers because the D-III Tommies beat D-II champion Winona State last year.   ??? ???
"for anyone watching the video...what's the deal with the guy with the predator hair and huge beard for UST? [sic]"  - LogShow

TearDrop

Quote from: Nites on September 15, 2008, 04:04:02 PM
I'm not trying to pick on Tear Drop or bully him ... honest! I'm just baffled by the whole idea that somehow Bemidji State could give Indiana a good game in November just because Winona State beat Minnesota in an exhibition game prior to the 2006-07 season.

Continuing with Logic 101 to the initial illogical conclusion, St. Thomas would be a lock  ;) to beat the Hoosiers because the D-III Tommies beat D-II champion Winona State last year.   ??? ???

Since I am the type that has no problem poking fun at myself I can take this a step further. If this logic were true, then Macalester (won 6 games last year) would also be a lock to beat them as they beat St Thomas. I hope that nobody has the time to take this as far as it could go!! If they do then I definitely think that hoops season needs to get here ASAP!!

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: TearDrop on September 15, 2008, 04:57:43 PM
Quote from: Nites on September 15, 2008, 04:04:02 PM

Continuing with Logic 101 to the initial illogical conclusion, St. Thomas would be a lock  ;) to beat the Hoosiers because the D-III Tommies beat D-II champion Winona State last year.   ??? ???

Since I am the type that has no problem poking fun at myself I can take this a step further. If this logic were true, then Macalester (won 6 games last year) would also be a lock to beat them as they beat St Thomas. I hope that nobody has the time to take this as far as it could go!! If they do then I definitely think that hoops season needs to get here ASAP!!

Actually, someone has a website (sorry, can't recall the location or name :-[) which provides a chain showing that the worst one-win d3 team is better than the d1 national champ!  It's a lot of fun, though hardly illuminating. ;D

columbianmaffia

guess whos back...back again...maffia is back...tell some friends

my summer rollerskating tour is over...i traveled from east to west and north to south over the last 4 months...my eyes have seen many glorious things and i like stuff...im excited for basketball season to return...i had to catch up the the previous 8 pages of nothingness throughout this afternoon before i could say how much i missed everyone here

a couple of things...i saw something about 5 or 6 pages back about time travel...what about the flux capacitor?? roads...where were going we don't need roads...speaking of which if we started flying our cars instead of driving them do you think birds would get hit more often or less often that squirls...i think birds are pretty shifty and would be able to avoid the moving vehicles better than silly squirls who are just sitting around protecting their nuts

next up...i used the flux capacitor to my advantage and traveled ahead in time so i didnt have to read the northwestern vs miac comparisons  ;) ;D

after that...i like the new member tear drop...tear drop...did you pick up that name because your a gang banger or because you have a soft floater or a combination of the 2....right when i think i have all my stompin grounds covered sneaky people sneak in

and then...CAR is going to take it all this year with Zoro swinging his mighty sword

i think this is it....does anyone have any good advice?

nope i tricked you one more...youtube "i like turtles" because i like the zombie
"Joy wouldnt be so good if it wasnt for pain" -50 cent-
"I may be wrong...but I doubt it" -Sir Charles Barkley-

columbianmaffia

by the way...did some of my posts disappear...i could swear i was closer to the 1033 mile stone than i am right now  ???

also i almost forgot....+k for snowman for sex pamflit coment
"Joy wouldnt be so good if it wasnt for pain" -50 cent-
"I may be wrong...but I doubt it" -Sir Charles Barkley-

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: columbianmaffia on September 15, 2008, 05:29:08 PM
by the way...did some of my posts disappear...i could swear i was closer to the 1033 mile stone than i am right now  ???

also i almost forgot....+k for snowman for sex pamflit coment

Probably - Pat had to delete many boards because the capacity of the server was overloaded (I lost 400+ posts). 

bethelguy

You North Park guys are all bullies.

Drake Palmer

Huh, what?  I was getting ready to shut off my computer for the day at work when I see this post by Bethelguy. 

Quote from: bethelguy on September 16, 2008, 06:16:38 PM

You North Park guys are all bullies.

So I delayed signing off my computer in the hopes that we might get a fresh report from one of our former board regulars, but N-O-O-O! BG logs on after a year+  absence to simply taunt a Covie?? Tsk, tsk.  I suppose that misplaced aggression from having the Royals get beat by Wheaton in football last weekend had to go somewhere.   ;D

(Post post Edit:  :) Long week at work is getting even longer.  I just reviewed my post from late yesterday afternoon, & sheesh, let's tighten this part up. Let's try rewriting this sentence so it reads: I suppose that misplaced aggression had to go somewhere after the Royals got beat down by Wheaton in football last weekend. ) 9/17

Nice to see you back on the board --stop back & visit more often.  How's the UWRF transfer, Nate Robertson getting along with Big Mike, Laugen & Madson?
Nites, good to see you limbering up those keystrokes for another year of basketball and banter.  The best board "expert" around for not watching a live MIAC game in what – years/ever?? ;)

And of course the return of our own Cmob, starring as an extra in Blades of Glory, burger juices and all.  ;D

"If anything here offends, I beg your pardon. I come in peace, I depart in gratitude." ;)

Gregory Sager

Quote from: bethelguy on September 16, 2008, 06:16:38 PMYou North Park guys are all bullies.

Quote from: Drake Palmer on September 16, 2008, 07:33:37 PMSo I delayed signing off my computer in the hopes that we might get a fresh report from one of our former board regulars, but N-O-O-O! BG logs on after a year+  absence to simply taunt a Covie?? Tsk, tsk.  I suppose that misplaced aggression from having the Royals get beat by Wheaton in football last weekend had to go somewhere.  ;D

We Parkers don't mind drawing misplaced ire when Wheaton lays the smackdown on somebody else's team. Bullying is the Wheaton way -- all that niceness is just a mask, after all -- and we understand that better than anybody. Besides, we can take Bethelguy's misdirected anger. After all, we're used to all the envious scorn that comes our way from NPU's bullying so many other schools in ... um ... ultimate frisbee and women's rowing. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

miacwatchmen

Hello......

My name is the miacwatchmen. I am trying to find my way. It has been awhile since I've been around these parts!!

Good to see some of the old faces... and a few new ones... I think I might make an appearance or two this year... that is if no one opposes it.

Auggies over Pipers for the MIAC title this year..  ;)   ;D

Until next time.... + K
"By mind the world is led, by mind the world is drawn. And all men own the sovereignty of mind."

klomp44

I'll be interested in how the Cobb does this year in hoops as former SMSU Mustang Matt Fletcher is now an assistant. I heard Josh Roysland was going to be a Cobber too, but after a few days at ConMoor, he decided he didn't like it there and is now I'm not sure where.