BB: CCIW: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by RedmenFB44, January 05, 2006, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwunder

RedmanFan35

RedmanFan35

It sounds like they might only get one in today. Tomorrow is a high of 47 and more rain. Lousy weather for a conference tournament.

Mr. Ypsi

BigPoppa

Wash out today... 10am start tomorrow at Corn Crib Stadium in Normal.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

mr_b

Quote from: BigPoppa on May 14, 2011, 05:52:43 PM
Wash out today... 10am start tomorrow at Corn Crib Stadium in Normal.
Why the change in venue?  Horenberger must really be soggy.

Mr. Ypsi

Since the regional will be at Horenberger, it may also be they don't want to risk tearing it up - just guessing here.

Mr. Ypsi

I just checked the forecast on weather.com - doesn't look promising!  Rain tonight, tomorrow, and tomorrow night, in the 40s, and high winds. :P

Anyone know the conference policy if the game cannot be played before selection time?  I'm guessing Carthage would be declared the AQ as the only undefeated team?

markerickson

I've been involved as a parent and coach in youth baseball for many years.  I now have a sophomore.  I cannot recall a "spring" where parents  more often wore winter jackets, hats, scarves, and mittens, and brought blankets to serve as additional coverage or negate the coldness of the aluminum bleachers.  Rainouts have been rare this year - just cold and very windy.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

Mr. Ypsi

Having coached youth soccer, I hear ya.  Though I'm not sure this has been any worse than some other years.

Some years back I coached a game in a sleet storm.  Half my team was taken home by their parents, but the rest had a ball.  (We won, and those who stayed got more playing time. ;D)

The other coach and I agreed that we would have postponed the game (WE were freezing), but it wasn't up to us. ::)

Our very next game it was too damned hot to play well! :D

norfrank

A couple years ago our coach had to put on cross country ski to make his trips to the mound. The pitching was so bad he made the trips were much faster because the grooves in the snow were more defined.

RedmanFan35

RedmanFan35

Carthage Redmen, CCIW Tournament Champions !!! Congratulations to the Coaches and Players and a special congrats to Eric Rohe for pitching his behind off !!!

GO REDMEN !!!!!!!

mwunder

Quote from: mwunder on April 14, 2011, 01:43:38 PM
Quote from: BBFan62 on April 14, 2011, 01:13:24 PM
mwunder,
I didn't see your update for AJ Nathan, catcher at IWU. AJ has now thrown out 30.5% of the runners. If you look at his offsive stats, he is in the top 5 of almost every category, certainly all the good ones. 5th in BA, 2nd in RBI's, 3rd in OB%, T3 in hits, etc.

As I stated, he makes a great team even greater.

Patience, sir, he's just getting warmed up. Buy a ticket to get on board his train!

Guilty as charged of not putting up an update on the young catcher's % of runner's thrown out.

Just crossing the "t's" and dotting the "i's"...AJ threw out 20 of 52 on the season for a 38.5% season total. 

Other CCIW catchers
Soderlund threw out 37%
Deutscher threw out 32%
Corrigan threw out 21%