Atlantic Central Football Conference/Independents

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamski

I might end up missing the vast majority of my Wesley games this season.   :'(  My Masters classes are all on Saturday!!  This will suck.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Teamski on June 23, 2013, 09:03:04 AM
I might end up missing the vast majority of my Wesley games this season.   :'(  My Masters classes are all on Saturday!!  This will suck.

-Ski

Hopefully, some will be on video (archived) so that you can watch the replay. Also, Good Luck this upcoming semester with your classes.

bman

-Ski
Where are your priorities man?   ::)

Raider 68

-Ski

Teamski,

I earned my masters several years ago going to class in Friday evenings and Saturdays for
quite awhile. It worked out well except for the fall.

What will Wesley have going into the fall, do they several key positions to fill other than QB? :-\
13 time Division III National Champions

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Raider 68 on June 25, 2013, 07:53:20 AM

-Ski

What will Wesley have going into the fall, do they several key positions to fill other than QB? :-\

IMHO from watching them play, they seem to be different depending on whom they have, I may be wrong, I am sure some Wesley guys can elaborate or differ. I think they're going to utilize their talent to its fullest potential and compete for a national title. Wesley stays stacked with talented players and the coaches do a great job with using the play calling based on that talent.

Teamski

Quote from: bman on June 24, 2013, 04:02:07 PM

-Ski

Yeah, pretty screwed up, hey?  In addition to taking at least two masters classes, I will be teaching two classes at Wesley in the fall as well as a second job.  It will be interesting to say the least.  Anyways, maybe I will be lucky and land a Friday night class and a Saturday morning  one that will clear me for my 1PM rendezvous with destiny!

As far as challenges, Wesley has some big shoes to fill on both sides of the ball.    We ask this every year:  Who will replace the likes of Bryan Robinson, Larry Beavers, Chris Warrick, Chris Mayes, Ellis Krout, Shane McSweeny etc, etc, etc....?  But, somehow, the Wolverines finds new talent that continues to amaze.  This year will be like any other with new players stepping up.  I suppose it is the perennial fortune of deep teams that the eagerness of those waiting in the wings to play comes to shines bright when they finally get to show their stuff.

-Ski

umhb2001

Quote from: Teamski on July 01, 2013, 09:30:51 PM
Quote from: bman on June 24, 2013, 04:02:07 PM

-Ski

Yeah, pretty screwed up, hey?  In addition to taking at least two masters classes, I will be teaching two classes at Wesley in the fall as well as a second job.  It will be interesting to say the least.  Anyways, maybe I will be lucky and land a Friday night class and a Saturday morning  one that will clear me for my 1PM rendezvous with destiny!

As far as challenges, Wesley has some big shoes to fill on both sides of the ball.    We ask this every year:  Who will replace the likes of Bryan Robinson, Larry Beavers, Chris Warrick, Chris Mayes, Ellis Krout, Shane McSweeny etc, etc, etc....?  But, somehow, the Wolverines finds new talent that continues to amaze.  This year will be like any other with new players stepping up.  I suppose it is the perennial fortune of deep teams that the eagerness of those waiting in the wings to play comes to shines bright when they finally get to show their stuff.

-Ski

Same for the Cru. Big holes to fill on both sides. That opening game in our new stadium will be electric. Packed house, new season, questions for both teams, new stadium...GREAT DRAMA for the South's top teams. Video feed should be better than the past with replays.

Any of you looking to get back down here for the game?
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

umhb2001

That's great! If you get in a couple days in advance, Tweet at me, FB me, or hit me up on here and I'll take ya to some good BBQ.

D3MAFAN

umhb2001

Looks like our two schools will be looking to prepare in two different ways.

Wesley takes on two ranked teams at home while UMHB takes on two unranked but quality opponents on the road: traveling to Redlands, in California, and Kean, in NJ. Both places will be looking to get a bite into the Cru as we have dealt each a loss. I don't know what their home games are like, but I can bet that they will be raucous and ready for a fight.

Hopefully we can both come out unscathed and ready for a grudge match to open up the new Crusader Stadium. The turf is basically down with the logo going on yesterday and the home side turf ready to be completed. Take a look at the website for the latest video.

I know we have some holes at QB and LB that need to be filled. What does Wesley have coming into the season?

Teamski

Quote from: D3MAFAN on August 09, 2013, 04:31:48 PM
Any news out of Wesley Camp?

Nothing really new, but I did run into Kapepula on Thursday at Wesley and he is really excited for this year.   He is entering his Junior year and will undoubtedly continue to cause quarterbacks some serious problems.   I was also checking out the new faces in line for the chow hall and I have to say that I was really impressed by what I saw. There were some serious athletes in that line!  Of course, you can never tell for sure how they will work out by the start of the season, but I back what I mentioned above about Wesley's uncanny ability to scout and keep talented players.  It will never cease to amaze me. 

Now to cry in my pillow over all of those games I am going to miss this season.....   :'(  I will miss my first  home game in 7 years.

-Ski

D3MAFAN

I know I am look way, way, way ahead, but Charlotte put a monkey stomp on Campbell. http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?id=332432429

@d3jason

That will be an interesting game. Charlotte plays Chowan this week whom Wesley used to batter for years before they moved up to D-II. Maybe that gives us a better read on the game though the Wolverines haven't played Chowan in about 10 years. Charlotte plays I-FCS Charleston Southern the week before Wesley. The Wolverines beat CSU a couple of years ago.