FB: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

This is the new home of NEFC discussion. Welcome aboard, everyone.

63Center

Quote from: admin on August 16, 2005, 04:57:52 AM
This is the new home of NEFC discussion. Welcome aboard, everyone.
Wow, new Post Pattern, just before the start of the season.  This may take some getting use to, but it looks like it will work. New improvements, maybe this will get the NEFC their first post season win.  It could be good karma.

grady little

The NEFC has several new coaches and many of the top teams over the last several years have gotten D1aa and D2 transfers. I think the quality of the league has improved  tremendously  and lookout Curry. Umass D, Fitchburgh. Endicott , BSC and Westfield  and a few others are at the doorstep.

grady little

Maybe a changing of the guard!
The NEFC has several new coaches and many of the top teams over last few years have gotten D1aa and D2 transfers. I think the quality of the league has improved tremendously and lookout Curry. Umass D, Fitchburgh, Endicott BSC and Westfield and a few others are at the doorstep.

D3 Fan

Grady you have mentioned all the bigs in the conf.  other then WSU and WSU.  Who else should we be looking out for?

grady little

D3 fan,

Worcester state is always competetive. Also it should be interesting to see how Umass D. does against Merrrimack. As merrimack is projected to do
well in their conference. The season is right around the corner.

63Center

OK. We got a new Posting Site and just like tournament time, NEFC is last in Postings for the Eastern Region.  So I am going to get things rolling with my Order of Finish in each division of the NEFC this year.  I won't explain my logic in the picks, because there probably isn't any.

Bogan
Fitchburg State
Bridgewater St.
Westfield
Worcester St
Framingham St
MA Maritime
ME Maritime

Boyd
Endicott
Curry
UMD
Nichols
Salve Regina
WNEC
MIT

Ok, let's see if the NEFC can respond now and get some postings going

nefc1264

Bogan
Fitchburg State
Bridgewater St.
Worcester St
Westfield
Framingham St
MA Maritime
ME Maritime

Boyd
Curry
Endicott
UMD
Nichols
WNEC
Salve Regina
MIT

Have to put Curry #1 because of what they have done the last few years and they should still be the strongest team in the Boyd.

63Center

Yeah,  I think EC and Curry could be a toss-up and I can see where you go with past experience.  Curry is a proven winner, EC still needs to show what they can do and earn the respect of the rest of the NEFC.

grady little

Your right about Curry. Nellie seems to get a lot of transfers that struggled  at other schools.and maybe got lost in the shuffle. Also any young kid wants to play for him. He is a good guy and please don't interpet this the wrong way, Curry is a terriffic academic school.

D3 Fan

Flip a coin for the Boyd....Curry, UMD, Nichols...Regardless of the success EC has had they still have a long way to go before they can be considered a true contender...

The Bogan should be real interesting this year.  What will BSC look like without Maz? I won't make a pick but I'll bet you that the winner will not be undefeated in the conf...

Must see games 9/3  Merrimack vs UMD, 9/10 Curry vs FSC just to start things off..

D3 Fan

UMD had a scrimage game against St. A's yeaterday.  The defense looked strong with some new and old faces really standing out.  The offense was a little out of sink against a team that has had a week longer in camp but showed signs that they will be fine by the time the season starts.

63Center

EC played a scrimmage against Plymouth State on Friday.  Plymouth State looked like they have improved from last year and certainly have more player available than last year.  EC was a little shaky the first half but looked much better the second half.  I thought the Offense looked a little better than the defense, but certainly both can use a little work.  Most of the big gains and scoring by Plymouth occured due to busted plays which resulted in everyone being out of position.  Plymouth would have not done much otherwise.  Looking forward to the reasl season starting next weekend.

waggle09

Any word how Curry and The Coast Guard scrimmage went on Saturday. The season opens up friday at curry...

nefc1264

Curry looked very strong in their scrimmage against Coast Guard,they have very good RB's,WR's, and a QB that can get the ball to those players.