Author Topic: FB: Massachusetts State College Athletic Conference  (Read 90311 times)

Offline Gray Fox

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: FB: Massachusetts State College Athletic Conference
« Reply #495 on: October 22, 2018, 12:26:16 pm »
Where are the fans here?
We are half way through the season.
Donít pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, heíll just kill you.

Offline NED3Guy

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 23, 2018, 04:08:01 pm »
I'm the lonely poster on the ECFC thread....maybe we need to think about having one thread for all New England, non NESCAC conferences next year? Give the NEWMAC, MASCAC, ECFC and CCC a common place to talk NE Football?

Offline Dutch Boy

• Starter
  • Keep plugging U!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 23, 2018, 04:37:27 pm »
NED who in your opinion is the best team in NE right now? You may also want to consider taking part in the ERFP each week. It would be great to have a NE representative. You may get **** but it would certainly get some good discussion going and/or continuing. Just a thought.
There's only one place that makes Shocktown look good...that's Troylet.

Offline ITH radio

• All-Region
  • We cover East Region D3FB
    • View Profile
    • Season XI
« Reply #498 on: October 23, 2018, 06:41:50 pm »
Weíre fans of this MASCAC player:

https://www.facebook.com/D3Huddle/videos/876337502554967/

Note Framingham can still win the AQ with a H2H win over West Conn in Wk 10. This oneís not wrapped up just yet.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Offline Machiavelli

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 23, 2018, 10:21:01 pm »
Weíre fans of this MASCAC player:

https://www.facebook.com/D3Huddle/videos/876337502554967/

Note Framingham can still win the AQ with a H2H win over West Conn in Wk 10. This oneís not wrapped up just yet.

Framingham is gonna beat WConn by about 74 so go ahead and pencil them in.
New England Small College Athletic Conference

Offline NED3Guy

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 24, 2018, 10:13:40 am »
NED who in your opinion is the best team in NE right now?

Really hard to pick a best team in New England, right now. Gotta tip the hat to MIT and West Conn, as both have taken care of all their business up to this point. Neither team has a big win in my opinion that gives them a real resume boost over the next tier of teams in the region. (MIT over Endicott maybe?) I think the top five in New England are: MIT, WCSU, WNE, Husson and Framingham.... Endicott gets bumped off the list by losing to MIT and FSU  The next few weeks will give some clarity with WNE/Endicott and WCSU and FSU.

Seems like fewer New England teams are venturing out of New England this year for non league play (credit to Framingham for keeping Cortland on the schedule). Hard to look at anybody's resume and see the kinds of wins that stand out on a resume. When looking at New England schedules, I think Endicott beating Hobart is by far the best win anybody in New England has this season, but they lost to both MIT and Framingham.

Long story short, nobody in New England has successful tested themselves vs out of New England teams, nobody has a standout win that gives them bragging rights.

With Husson all but locking up the ECFC AQ, and the NCAA 500 mile rule in play again, we'll likely get to see two New England teams play in the first round again this year... MIT v Husson?

Offline Jonny Utah

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 24, 2018, 10:51:10 am »

Really hard to pick a best team in New England, right now. Gotta tip the hat to MIT and West Conn, as both have taken care of all their business up to this point. Neither team has a big win in my opinion that gives them a real resume boost over the next tier of teams in the region. (MIT over Endicott maybe?) I think the top five in New England are: MIT, WCSU, WNE, Husson and Framingham.... Endicott gets bumped off the list by losing to MIT and FSU  The next few weeks will give some clarity with WNE/Endicott and WCSU and FSU.

Seems like fewer New England teams are venturing out of New England this year for non league play (credit to Framingham for keeping Cortland on the schedule). Hard to look at anybody's resume and see the kinds of wins that stand out on a resume. When looking at New England schedules, I think Endicott beating Hobart is by far the best win anybody in New England has this season, but they lost to both MIT and Framingham.

Long story short, nobody in New England has successful tested themselves vs out of New England teams, nobody has a standout win that gives them bragging rights.

With Husson all but locking up the ECFC AQ, and the NCAA 500 mile rule in play again, we'll likely get to see two New England teams play in the first round again this year... MIT v Husson?

For what it is worth, one of my best friends has two kids that play at two different MASCAC schools.  He has seen two MASCAC games every Saturday/Friday this year except for one or two weeks I believe (That's about 13-15 games which might make him one of the top d3 viewers in the country.)  Anyway his opinion is that Framingham is probably a little better than West Conn.  Both teams seem to commit real bad penalties (in terms of taunting type stuff) but overall Framingham gets the nod.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:55:30 am by Jonny Utah »

Offline Gray Fox

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 24, 2018, 12:10:30 pm »
Look what I started.
Good luck.  I mostly follow the SCIAC.
Donít pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, heíll just kill you.

Offline MANDGSU

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 24, 2018, 01:58:10 pm »
Look what I started.

I too follow a different conference, but always good to see active boards, especially when there are crossover conversations.

Offline Pat Coleman

• D3sports.com Guru
  • Administrator
  • All-American
  • Check the front page or FAQs before you ask.
    • View Profile
    • D3sports.com
« Reply #504 on: October 24, 2018, 02:38:16 pm »

Husson is also within 500 miles of RPI.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Let's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Offline HSCTiger74

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 25, 2018, 01:15:56 am »
Look what I started.

You need to go and work your magic on the UMAC board. The last post from an actual fan of a conference team was a year ago.
Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes? - George Gobel

Offline Gray Fox

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 25, 2018, 03:01:47 pm »
Look what I started.

You need to go and work your magic on the UMAC board. The last post from an actual fan of a conference team was a year ago.
Good idea.  I think that is where the Oxy coach came from.