Author Topic: FB: Empire 8  (Read 3869728 times)

Offline pumkinattack

• All-Region
    • View Profile
Re: FB: Empire 8
« Reply #51765 on: February 06, 2019, 07:14:43 am »
He hasnít graduated, the advice heís getting is worse than a steroids infused version of LaVar Ball and he wasnít exactly a good teammate after the RPI playoff loss.

You waive in tons of transfers in a short period of time and live and die by the sword.  Talent without having built a culture.  This is what happens when a process is shortcut.

Online Oline89

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51766 on: February 06, 2019, 08:43:51 am »
So can someone confirm, an athlete moving up a level (D3 to D1) needs to sit out one season, while staying at D3 level does not hold a "penalty"

Online Jonny Utah

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #51767 on: February 06, 2019, 09:16:11 am »
So can someone confirm, an athlete moving up a level (D3 to D1) needs to sit out one season, while staying at D3 level does not hold a "penalty"

Not 100% sure but I think he would need to sit out a year unless he was in grad school at the D1 location

Online Oline89

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51768 on: February 06, 2019, 09:57:11 am »

Not 100% sure but I think he would need to sit out a year unless he was in grad school at the D1 location

That was my impression as well.  Trying to decipher Pumkin's cryptic message here, if he is eligible to graduate at the end of the spring (high likelihood if he already transferred once), then he could be a grad transfer at any school in the country with a grad program.  The irony here is that (if I recall) BPort benefited from this new rule last year, by accepting several grad transfers to their 2018 team.

Offline Bombers798891

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #51769 on: February 06, 2019, 10:03:26 am »
His Twitter bio does read "Brockport '20", FWIW.

Ultimately, he's an elite player and I wish him the best, whether it's returning to Port for another run, or wherever he goes. He's helped elevate the East, and for that I'm grateful

Online Oline89

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51770 on: February 06, 2019, 10:59:18 am »
His Twitter bio does read "Brockport '20", FWIW.

Ultimately, he's an elite player and I wish him the best, whether it's returning to Port for another run, or wherever he goes. He's helped elevate the East, and for that I'm grateful

Agreed!!! (as long as we don't see him in Bombers Grey/Blue)

Offline jmcozenlaw

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51771 on: February 06, 2019, 11:38:59 am »
He hasnít graduated, the advice heís getting is worse than a steroids infused version of LaVar Ball and he wasnít exactly a good teammate after the RPI playoff loss.

You waive in tons of transfers in a short period of time and live and die by the sword.  Talent without having built a culture.  This is what happens when a process is shortcut.

Brockport became the "Rowan of the 1990's" last year with all of their higher level transfers. I've never believed in the "win at all costs" mentality, especially at the D3 level for God's sake. It bit Rowan in the backside as it did Brockport this past season. 99.999% of these players won't sniff the pro's. I also heard that there are plenty of people who got fed up with his act, and his behavior after the playoff loss was the clincher. Maybe a few of the big boys told him to stand down..........and he decided to move on, once again. That resume is going to look funny when he eventually does graduate from somewhere, if not Brockport this past December or this coming May. He needs to know that his football career is about over (regardless of who is blowing smoke up his keyster to the contrary) and it's time to focus on the next 40-50 years of his working career. Trust me, I know that sounds boring, but it's our reality. ;)