FB: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waggle09

SOME SURPRISING WEEKEND SCORES;    FITCHBURGH BEATING UP ON CURRY AND UMASS DARTMOUTH GETTING WACKED BY PLYMOUTH STATE.....EARLY SEASON TURNOVERS WILL KILL YOU. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

AptosDad

I guess I was looking at an old ranking when I saw Framingham @ 211, but it appears that it may have been more accurate than the current ranking.  The questions now are, where was MIT ranked, and are they on the way to a streak of losses?

Pat Coleman

If I just give the Kickoff away free, what's that mean for all the people who bought it? :)

You can find out the MIT answer using the vast resources we have on the site. Here, for example, is a listing of all East Region teams.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Jonny Utah

aptos, mit is inexperienced but will shock at least one team this year....

also, from what I hear Framingham has some really good speed guys and a better feel for the system this year.

jeff

what is it with Framingham State?  Its like everyone has to stick up for this school like they are your retarded in-laws...

they have gone 2-26 over the past 3+ years and because they beat MIT you "hear" they have some good speed guys?  they are learning the system?

::)

wowsers....

Diablo981

what's everyone's take on this weekend's Bridgewater State v. UmassD in Dartmouth?

waggle09

I saw Bridgewater State play last weekend against Nichols. They are a pretty solid team on both sides of the ball. good balance on offense with strong running game and passing. Have not seen Umass dartmouth but was surprised by last weekends score....I think that both conferences have a lot of parity and anyone is capable of beating one another.....Turnovers, look at Curry and Endicott losses.....both good teams.

63Center

With a few unexpected teams winning games last week, this week's picks are tougher, but here goes:

Salve 7 at Worcester St. 21
Framingham 14 at EC 35
Bridgewater St. 28 UMD 14
Curry 42 at ME Maritime 7
MA Maritime 28 at MIT 14
Westfield 21 at Nichols 14
WNEC 7 at Fitchburg 35

The UMD-Bridgwater game is a tough one, because I think sooner of later UMD is going to wake up and play the way they are capable, but for now I am going with the team that has shown it is ready to play.  Curry will be out for blood this week after the loss last week.  EC will be looking to get into the win column.

Jonny Utah

Yea Jeff, the framingham guys do have a better feel for the system this year, and especially with a good qb they might win another game or two unlike the last few years when they were slow, crappy and without a qb.

now, of course they would lose by 60 to any upstate team but thats not the point here.

footballfan2005

well i think a Utica vs Framingham State would be a good match up...

but any NEFC team against a Hobart, Ithaca, Union, RPI will get smoked anyday of the week...

However, it's been my opinion for years that a spread team that can put up points could beat a Hobart or Union.  The logic behind this statements is that both upstate teams like to play ball control... esp this year w/Hobart... Mizro will get tested and he wont have his all-league receivers to make him look good.  Force Hobart to the air and they lose.

jeff

I have followed [sadly] this team since 1998....They have won a total of 9 games and whats even worse, is that they HAD a good QB, they HAD good WR's and DB's, yet did ZILCCH....They have actually got worse under this current head coach....Imagine being 2-8 and actually DOWNGRADING your coach?

lol

I mean, they actually used to be "in" 5-7 games a year...

jeff

football fan, the NEFC as a whole wont even schedule an Empire team or Upstate team and if they do, the history has proven they will get smoked...

BSC I think lost to Hobart a while back as well...They also beat Springfield when SC had their worst year in a decade...

63Center

Jeff,

EC has played both an E8 and LL team and as you indicate they got smoked by RPI two years in a row, but you got to give them credit for taking on tougher competetion.  If NEFC teams won't schedule tough teams like E8 and LL teams, they are doomed to never winning an NCAA tournament game.  The only way to get better is to play better teams.

jeff

amen center...

what doesn't help is having 80% of the conference NOT doing what you are saying....Praise the 20% that do schedule upstate/NJ/Empire teams, but while those schools step it up, the others state schools are playing 9-games against junk....

You are only as good as your last place team as conferences go...

schedule a Springfield and a Hobart, but when you lose those two games, then go back to playing MIT, Framingham, Fitchburg and on and on, its counter productive...

the start is playing 10 games...9 is a joke...

Jonny Utah

There are a few problems that I see the nefc as a whole has.

1)  Such a big league only leaves a few non-conference games for nefc teams.

2) A large d2 New England Conference (NE-10) with below average d2 football nationally takes away talent from many NEFC teams. 

3) no real full time coaching staffs at NEFC schools.

4) The NEFC schools themselves dont have a great deal to offer in terms of facilities, academics or programs as a whole.  D3 NY State schools seem to put a lot more money into their academics, schools and athletic facilities than MA schools.......On the other hand, the nefc schools also dont have to compete with nescac, LL or empire 8 schools either.

5) MA highschool football talent isnt as great at CT, NJ or even NY.