WNEC over UMass Dartmouth
Endicott over Plymouth
Mass Maritime over Westfield
Bridgewater over Framingham
Curry over MIT
Coast Guard over Fitchburg- Coast Guard wins the division

footballfan2005

What is going on with WSC this year?
They're playing a Soph QB that is terrible... Is last years Starter Hurt? And their tailback situation... it seems like they went with a new tailback this week?
They put up 3 points... this used to be a team that ran an exciting spread offense and now they're running a offense from the 50's... anyone on this site have any insight on this team? Where did they find the new O Cord?

Their defense looks pretty solid holding Maine to 12 points after being on the field for most of the game

ctgridironmom

Big game this weekend - Endicott vs. Curry - anyone seen both teams this year?  What do you think?

InTheMix

I will actually be at the EC Curry game this week. My predicition is that the winner of this game takes the conference...and possibly gets that first win for the NEFC in NCAAs. I haven't seen either team, but I know EC now has their top running backs returning and seems to be coming together after a few shaky games.
Curry has looked fairly dominant, through the scores I've seen and it will definitely be a great game. Last year EC lost on a questionable holding call late in the game and will looking to get some revenge for it. I look forward to the game and my prediciton is that EC will pull this one out.

'gro

EC/Curry and coast guard/BSC this week. Good games... but....

If coast guard wins the division or conference then the NEFC has a long way to go before that 1st NCAA win.  Even a 1 loss CGA team proves that. CGA went 0-14 in the liberty league and had a terrible record against the E8,LL, FFC, UCAA, the past 7-8 years.

I guess the problem, as stated by others on this page, is the need for full time coaching (and facility upgrades). There's definetly talent in the HS pool, but they are not ending up on NEFC teams.

sickofBS

the biggest problem witht he NEFC is that majority of the schools are within the greater boston area, and there are sooo many other football school in the area also.

the talent is spread out so thin among all the teams that its hard to put together a dominating team.  throw this in along with coaches, facilites, ect. and thats why the NEFC struggles.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: sickofBS on October 09, 2006, 12:12:27 PM
the biggest problem witht he NEFC is that majority of the schools are within the greater boston area, and there are sooo many other football school in the area also.

the talent is spread out so thin among all the teams that its hard to put together a dominating team.  throw this in along with coaches, facilites, ect. and thats why the NEFC struggles.

you also need some academically competitive schools that fall inbetween CGA, MIT and the rest of the league.....

seahawkpride

I have seen both Endicott and Curry this year while watching Salve Regina play them. Both teams beat us up pretty bad. Endicott was just getting their top runner back so he only had a few carries although they did not need him against us. That game was about 3 weeks ago so he is probably back to full speed. Endicott in my opinion is more balanced offensively than Curry which tends to run more power taking advantage of their size on the o-line. We had a little more success offensively against Endicott than Curry.
Although we hung with Curry for a half until their size and the fact our defense was on the field for the majority of the half did us in I believe Curry will be able to control the ball keeping the Endicott crowd out of the game and eventually their size will win out. Endicott is a good team and their non-conference schedule was tougher than Currys but we turned the ball over 5 times against them and hurt ourselves. We ran almost twice as many offensive plays against Endicott than Curry and had our best showing of the year rushing the ball against them. Some of the stats may be skewed due to the fact Endicott started putting their 2s in the game but I still believe Curry will win a tough close game. 

waggle09

The Endicott vs. Curry is a toss up.. Both good defenses and both can move the ball on offense.. Maybe what ever QB  does the best will be the difference.Is Endicott now only going with one QB?  I think that this should be Endicott's year but will see.
What's going on at Westfield losing to Mass maritime.? 

63Center

I think EC had a slightly better team last year when they faced Curry than this year's team.  This year the strong EC backfield has been hurt with injuries and those backs are just now getting back into the games.  I think Curry might be a little better this year than last so I am giving the edge to Curry, although I think it will be a great match-up and has become a great rivalry in such a short time period. 

What has happened to WNEC?  They looked like they would have a strong team this year after losing some heartbreaker games last season, but they are not looking good.  I also thought MIT would be having a better season.  Nichols is coming back stronger this year.  Westfield is down.  Fitchburg looks like they are weaker this year as well. 

gullgrad

UMass Dartmouth over Salve Regina . UMD is hard to figure out
Curry over Endicott, Great game
Plymouth over Nichols, Sorry Nichols, but PSU is pretty good
Framingham over Westfield, why not?
Coast Guard over Bridgewater, Probably another good game
Mass Maritime over Maine Maritime, No idea who should win, so this seems fine
WNEC over MIT, WNEC is a decent team that has no luck
Fitchburg over Worcester, I have heard this is a rivalry, then why is it in the middle of the year and not in the last week?

63Center

UMD over Salve - This is not Salve's year and UMD is still inthe hunt
Curry over EC - great game
CGA over BSC - CGA will show just how strong they are in this one
MME over MMA - giving the W to the home team
Westfield over Framingham - Westfield can't be so bad taht they lose this one
PSU over Nichols - PSU has a pretty good team that is being overlooked
Fitchburg over Worcester State - Worcester has been too inconsistent
WNEC over MIT - Maybe the true WNEC will show up this week

jeff

Quote from: gullgrad on October 13, 2006, 07:28:49 AM
Framingham over Westfield, why not?

to answer your question specifically....would would they win this game as they have won 7% of their games and have an awful coach over the last four years?  has FSC beaten Westfield over the last decade or two? have they ever? I doubt it..

other than that, I guess they are do for a win, so "why not".... ;D

InTheMix

Coast Guard over Bridgewater State: Coast Guard took a step down joining the NEFC but they're tearing through it

MME over MMA

Plymouth State over Nichols:  This one could be close, but Plymouth State is making some noise.

Westfield over Framingham: Normally predicted as a blowout this one could be close...unfortunately

Worcester State over Fitchburg: Fitchburg doesn't seem to have what they have had in past years.

UMD over Salve: Salve could be good in years to come....just not this year.

WNEC over MIT:  these two teams were picked early to be sleepers and so far all they've done is sleep.

Game of the week:

EC over Curry: I'm probably the only one picking EC to win it but it's their homecoming, they are finally getting back their stud running backs, and with the leadership that EC has they should have a good shot at finally beating the colonels. As per usual, it all comes down to who makes the fewest mistakes.

bignefcfan15

MME over MMA
Nichols over Plymouth State-just because
Westfield over Framingham-if westfield loses this one, *&^%$#%^&*!
Worcester State over Fitchburg-this use to be a good game
UMD over Salve
WNEC over MIT-WNEC is the new fitchburg, give them a couple years.
BSC over Coast Guard-even though I picked CG to win division, BSC's D, good!
Curry over EC- to be the champ, you have to first beat the champs.