FB: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lewdogg11

Quote from: sickofBS on November 12, 2006, 08:13:10 PM
After watching Selection show and watching Curry getting some disrespect, (Pat's looking forward past the first round cuz SC is gonna walk over curry, he didnt say it bit it was there i saw it... Im not puttin down Pat, he's the man. just tellin it they way i saw it)
And reading the posts here, (because i know alot of players lurk these boards) 
Im going with Curry in a huge upset over SC. 

Curry's got something to prove, they have a solid run defense and an offense that is peaking at the right time.

Dude, Curry almost lost to Coast Guard on Saturday.

Pat Coleman

And Coast Guard's backup quarterback.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Jimdeg

From what i read about and caught on the radio Curry didn't so much win the game. Coast Guard pretty much lost it. 4 fumbles and three times in the red zone with out a score and still only a 6 point difference. Thats not exactly a monumental win. And unless I'm mistaken springfield still runs the option better than any team in the NE. I don't think the NEFC is going to get it's first win this weekend.  It's football though and I've seen and played in some miracles before. Good luck to both teams

lewdogg11

Quote from: Jimdeg on November 12, 2006, 08:58:37 PM
From what i read about and caught on the radio Curry didn't so much win the game. Coast Guard pretty much lost it. 4 fumbles and three times in the red zone with out a score and still only a 6 point difference. Thats not exactly a monumental win. And unless I'm mistaken springfield still runs the option better than any team in the NE. I don't think the NEFC is going to get it's first win this weekend.  It's football though and I've seen and played in some miracles before. Good luck to both teams

I think it's almost extremely safe to say that SC runs the option better than anyone in the country.

Senor RedTackle

Quote from: The Truth 00 on November 12, 2006, 07:41:38 PM
oh yea, what kind of bonus is that??  curry will score some points but they aren't ready for springfield. get real nefc fans. they also have to play at springfield on the concrete turf against arguably the best player in all of d3. stop being so naive people.

I remember this same argument when RPI rolled into Thugville, MA and played the #1 Pride in the East Region...of course, lowly RPI didn't have a shot against this offensive Juggernaut.

...on the way to the national semi's, RPI managed a victory against said Pride

Sorry to be so 'naive' ...although I don't think Curry has a chance in this one

Pat Coleman

That game is still a puzzler -- why playing at home in a stiff wind didn't result in a Springfield win is beyond me.

Not to look down on RPI. It was hardly the strangest weather they won in in that postseason. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

The Truth 00

i was at that rpi game in 03. the kid cochran torched the sc secondary to the tune of 200+ yards or something. however, you can't compare curry with rpi here. rpi played in a legit conference that got them ready to play that game against sc. no offense, but i don't think curry sees good enough comp. in the nefc to prepare them for the speed of springfield. and  also, they better come up with some kind of plan to contain sharpe because i'm looking at at least 200 rush yards and 3 tds from him alone this week.

redtackle, springfield didn't underestimate you in 03. they knew that vaunted offense with shotgun 5 wide, no huddle was coming and they didn't stop it. also, the defensive coaches for rpi had a good game plan together to try and keep the option in check.

waggle09

I just heard that curry is playing Springfield. First of all congrats to both teams they are to very solid programs...but let me tell u I have seen both teams play this season
and  Springfield should put a spanking on the Colonels. The caliber of play is head and shoulders over the NEFC. You never know but if Curry happened to beat Springfield it would be a shocker... I look forward to seeing the game.

D3 Fan

Here's my logic for picking Curry to beat SC. 

1. I think SC will have a tough time running inside the tackles without Curry changing much of what they do.  Now you're down trying to scheme to stop a double option rather then a triple.  (Still not easy but easier) 
2. Curry has good perimeter speed to match up with SC and physical corners.
3. Curry will not be intimidated by the playing the Pride.
4. Curry will be able to score and score quickly to match SC.
5.  I think Curry started to celebrate with 12 minutes to go in the CC game.  At that point it was over.  Cuddo's to CC for fighting all the way to the end.  (By the way turnovers are a part of the game and great defenses create them) You can't say if...when trying to make a point!!!! Like if CC didn't turnover the ball 4 times.... What did Curry do to create them?
6.  SC like Union has always found a way to lose one late in the season that, on paper, they shouldn't have.

JQV

When was the last time a NEFC team won a playoff game?

The Truth 00

d3 fan, they play in the worst conference in america. you think that's going to prepare them for springfield. if curry runs a 4-3 or 4-4 to defend the sc option, they will get killed. trust me on this. your inside the tackles argument is weak. can they stop the midline? can they defend outside veer? they can run anything out of any formation. if i were curry, i would hope to outscore them and make them punt once or twice...and that could be a stretch. theres no one in the nefc with the game speed of sharpe. he will run around your tacklers.

John McGraw

Quote from: D3 Fan on November 13, 2006, 11:14:12 AM
Here's my logic for picking Curry to beat SC. 

1. I think SC will have a tough time running inside the tackles without Curry changing much of what they do.  Now you're down trying to scheme to stop a double option rather then a triple.  (Still not easy but easier) 
2. Curry has good perimeter speed to match up with SC and physical corners.
3. Curry will not be intimidated by the playing the Pride.
4. Curry will be able to score and score quickly to match SC.
5.  I think Curry started to celebrate with 12 minutes to go in the CC game.  At that point it was over.  Cuddo's to CC for fighting all the way to the end.  (By the way turnovers are a part of the game and great defenses create them) You can't say if...when trying to make a point!!!! Like if CC didn't turnover the ball 4 times.... What did Curry do to create them?
6.  SC like Union has always found a way to lose one late in the season that, on paper, they shouldn't have.

Uhhh, who's CC? Didn't Curry play Coast Guard (CG)?

D3 Fan

Truth, the midline and veer are considered tackle to tackle plays.  Like I said, I think Curry doesn't need to do anything different then they already do to stop those types of plays...They will have to scheme to defend the qb and pitch. 

Unless you played the better teams in the NEFC you can not comment on the speed existing in the league.

I'm not trying to take anything away from SC just voicing my opinion.  I didn't say it would be easy but Curry has a chance especially since they've played teams at that level over the past few years. 

Great point JM!!! CG if it makes you happy.

The Truth 00

d3 fan, you said they would have trouble running inside the tackles....i disagree. they didn't have many problems this year running between them.

i've seen every team in the nefc play and the speed isn't there, athleticism isn't there, and the strength isn't there...although curry is the most athletic i've seen from the conference.  whats steve nelson up to these days?

RockRB11

Congrats to Curry on the win sat.  Though I will be pulling for Curry to win, I have to give the advantage to Springfield.  Contrary to the truths beliefs, I think Curry has the team speed and athleticism, just not the size and strength to matach SC offensive line.  There are other things that SC are also known for that give them distinct advantage.. and its not that they run the option....