FB: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockRB11

Any word on ECAC selections today?

bearyear

yeah who is most likely to recieve the bids?

Daddio

Here is my info:

#4 Bridgewater is at #3 Coast Guard
#5 UR at #2 AU
#6 RPI at #1 Cortland

ctgridironmom

Quote from: RockRB11 on November 13, 2006, 12:36:46 PM
There are other things that SC are also known for that give them distinct advantage.. and its not that they run the option....

What is it?

The Truth 00

they are known for their phys. ed programs

d3fball23

Congrats to Curry on the win sat.  Though I will be pulling for Curry to win, I have to give the advantage to Springfield.  Contrary to the truths beliefs, I think Curry has the team speed and athleticism, just not the size and strength to matach SC offensive line.  There are other things that SC are also known for that give them distinct advantage.. and its not that they run the option....

I dont really understand this post....Curry does not have the size and strength to match Springfield up front? I have seen both Curry and Springfield play this year and I dont think that will be an issue for Curry at all. Curry might have the best D tackles in the leauge with Tom Pinto and number 90 inside. I think that Curry will be able to take the fullback out of the game and if they can contain the option they will have a chance at this one. My pick Curry 35 Springfield 28.

lewdogg11

Quote from: d3fball23 on November 13, 2006, 06:09:35 PM
Congrats to Curry on the win sat.  Though I will be pulling for Curry to win, I have to give the advantage to Springfield.  Contrary to the truths beliefs, I think Curry has the team speed and athleticism, just not the size and strength to matach SC offensive line.  There are other things that SC are also known for that give them distinct advantage.. and its not that they run the option....

I dont really understand this post....Curry does not have the size and strength to match Springfield up front? I have seen both Curry and Springfield play this year and I dont think that will be an issue for Curry at all. Curry might have the best D tackles in the leauge with Tom Pinto and number 90 inside. I think that Curry will be able to take the fullback out of the game and if they can contain the option they will have a chance at this one. My pick Curry 35 Springfield 28.

Dude, tell your son at Curry good luck.  But, let him know his pops is a little bit too much of a super fan.

Jonny Utah

Those Springfield kids were in the weightroom for 5 years before Curry kids even realized that the "clean and jerk" wasnt something to be ashamed of.  I would bet money that the sc kids are stronger up front.

waggle09

Curry had one heck of a season... Their defense was  great and shut down most teams in the NEFC. I think the offense improved each week as the season progressed. That is why they are undefeated as well as the existing coaching staff that took over after Nellie. Congrats Coach Bandini.
But let me tell you I have seen both teams play several times this year and the competition  that Springfield plays is far superior. For Springfield to have the season they had against the New York teams and others I expect that Curry will be in a big mismatch.I would love to see a good game with Curry the victor...but I don't think so..... prediction.......42-12

fan of d3

The running backs that springfield faced this year:

Arcidiocano, Union-All American
Robinson, Fisher-All AMerican
Lynch, Brockport-Leading rusher in the country (at the time)
Donovan, Ithaca-solid running back

The running backs for curry dont even come close to the ones I just mentioned and SC has beaten all but one of those teams (IC) So with a slower and smaller group of backs, a smaller O line, a less than stellar playbook with straight power and toss (which is what brockport ran to the tune of 66 yards total), where do they match up better with SC?

superman57

you didn't stop robinson or the guy from union you just out score d them, giving up 68 pointd in 2 games is not somethign to be proud of
Quote from: Tags on October 10, 2007, 10:59:38 PM
You're the only dood on the board that doesn't know & accept that '57 can't spell.

Poor grammar and horrible spelling... it's just how he rolls.

Jonny Utah

"you didn't stop robinson or the guy from union you just out score d them, giving up 68 pointd in 2 games is not somethign to be proud of"

enough said....

fan of d3

Dude stop following me.....

where oh WHERE in that post did it say that springfield stopped them?!  I said SC has beaten all but one of those teams, meaning SC can score points with anyone INCLUDING curry...  Get off Robinsons nuts, you are some JV player from fisher who just goes on here to start problems.. giving up 68 points in two games is nothing to be proud of, but hey neither is giving up 55 in one.

superman57

no, actually I'm an alumni, no I'm not following you just bored, next your still an idiot, last if you had an all-american running back you'd cheer for him too, second I knew him at school at he was a quality guy, a cheer for the good guys
Quote from: Tags on October 10, 2007, 10:59:38 PM
You're the only dood on the board that doesn't know & accept that '57 can't spell.

Poor grammar and horrible spelling... it's just how he rolls.

fan of d3

Well, Sc will have an All American QB who would run circles around "robbie"...CHeer all you would like, I cant wait to see SC run right down Fishers D again, and again, and again...but please, leave that on the E8 board, im trying to talk about curry, thanks.