MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan Q

Congratulations to the CCIW's 4 All-Americans...

https://www.d3hoops.com/awards/all-americans/men/2019

Aston Francis, Wheaton (1st Team, Player of the Year)

Nolan Ebel, Augustana (2nd Team)

Connor Raridon, NCC (2nd Team)

Brady Rose, IWU (Honorable Mention)

markerickson

Who knew those Quakers could hoop??  I certainly underestimated them.  Shake and Quake.

I married a non-Swede (Welsh/English/Scot) and non-Covenant (Quaker) wonder woman.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

iwu70

Congrats to Oshkosh -- too big, too strong.  Swarthmore is the real deal.  Congrats to them, an emerging power program.  Great season, one game short of full glory.  Both teams superb.

On to baseball and softball . . . and golf.

Congrats to all the CCIW All-Americans.  Agree we won't see a player like Francis again any time soon.  Remarkable.

Hoping for Spring for all the CCIW chatsters.

IWU'70

CCIWchamps

I had heard the announcers chat for a moment on Friday night about Francis getting scooped up for the all-star game on Saturday. Did he end up getting to play in that or no?

augie77

The All Star game box score is available on the front page (check tournament scores) .  Nolan Ebel and Brady Rose both played for the West squad, which won 104-101.  No Aston Francis.  Ebel led all rebounders with 14, and shared high scoring honors (19) with Ryan Bruns of Ohio Northern.

boilingpoint

It may prostrate you, but it's cancer of the prostate gland. Prayers for Coach Giovanine.

AndOne

Quote from: boilingpoint on March 17, 2019, 04:31:09 AM
It may prostrate you, but it's cancer of the prostate gland. Prayers for Coach Giovanine.

Ya, but at least I got insidious right.  ;D
Focus on the message, not the spelling. 😏

BobbyO

Now that the season is over, I was wondering who will be the Lead Dog for 19-20 both CCIW and National.  Augustana appears to not be the favorite.  Ebel's replacement now is Jack Jelen.  I am not impressed with him and I do not see the leadership and drive from him.  Orange's replacement is unknown but might be Austin Elledge who can shoot and play defense but can he be the quiet leader.  Brett Benning may be the hardest one to replace, hopefully there will be some growing up from the reserves or a new recruit.

It will be Wofford's team to lead.

I don't know about the other schools and would like to see your opinions.

Good Luck Coach G this week!

Titan Q

Quote from: BobbyO on March 17, 2019, 07:39:47 PM
Now that the season is over, I was wondering who will be the Lead Dog for 19-20 both CCIW and National.  Augustana appears to not be the favorite.  Ebel's replacement now is Jack Jelen.  I am not impressed with him and I do not see the leadership and drive from him.  Orange's replacement is unknown but might be Austin Elledge who can shoot and play defense but can he be the quiet leader.  Brett Benning may be the hardest one to replace, hopefully there will be some growing up from the reserves or a new recruit.

It will be Wofford's team to lead.

I don't know about the other schools and would like to see your opinions.

Good Luck Coach G this week!

Freshman PG Jack McDonald (currently at Geneva HS) could win that starting PG job...he seems to be a big-time recruit.

Titan Q

Seems like North Central is the favorite next year.

diehardfan

Thought I should come out of deep retirement to say congrats to the Thunder for an excellent season. :) I definitely do not have the time to follow basketball like I used to but 15 years ago college me is absolutely ecstatic. I know WheatonC would be too, and I am sure he was cheering on from heaven.

Serious question though: Why couldn't you do it while the Final Four was still in Salem. :P

P.S. It's kinda amazing to me that the people here are almost all the same. xD

Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: diehardfan on March 17, 2019, 08:42:20 PM
Thought I should come out of deep retirement to say congrats to the Thunder for an excellent season. :) I definitely do not have the time to follow basketball like I used to but 15 years ago college me is absolutely ecstatic. I know WheatonC would be too, and I am sure he was cheering on from heaven.

Serious question though: Why couldn't you do it while the Final Four was still in Salem. :P

They wanted to give a GREAT welcome to Ft. Wayne? ;)

Can't see it happening again soon without Aston.

Have you followed the women?  Hannah Frazier is the ONLY non-senior on the first-team AA squad!  AA is of course about the current season, but definitely a psychological leg-up for 2019-20 national POY!.

(And, HI! April.  Long time, no see! ;D)

Gregory Sager

Nice to hear from you again, April. Boy, you and Paul Carr posting within a week of each other. It's like a flashback to 2001. All we're missing is Pistol Pete, Stat Jack, and Ryan Knuppel's little brother Rodney ... and, of course, the dearly departed (RIP Dave and Lanny).
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Ralph Turner

Quote from: diehardfan on March 17, 2019, 08:42:20 PM

Hi, April!

Good to read you again.

iwu70

For next year, IWU should be pretty good, should at least contend for the conference, I would think.  A good group coming back, though very hard to replace Rose and Bonnett.  Tons of scoring there. Group coming back = Wolfe, Lambesis, Wallen, Leritz, Bair, and O'Neil.  Some pine-sitters needing to step up.  Perhaps the Titans becoming a more paint-oriented team, less dependent on the three.   A pretty good recruitment class, though don't know if any of those guys can play an immediate part.

I agree that NCC is probably the favorite.   

IWU'70